Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Brandon Marshall may soon be an ex-Bronco

[size=10pt]Weeks after franchise quarterback Jay Cutler pissed-and-moaned his way out of town, elite receiver Brandon Marshall could soon be an ex-Bronco, too.[/size]

Marshall failed to show up on Friday for the start of a mandatory minicamp.
    Coach Josh McDaniels thereafter said that Marshall would be arriving later in the day.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Marshall showed up, met with owner Pat Bowlen, and left.

As he departed, Marshall carried “packed boxes.”

Uh.
    Oh.

The problem apparently is Marshall’s contract.
    He signed a four-year deal as a rookie, and he’s due to make only $2.1 million in 2009.
    (Absent a new CBA, Marshall would only be a restricted free agent in 2010, due to the rules of the uncapped year.)

But he also has an issue with the team’s medical staff, due to their handling of a hip injury that required surgery during the offseason.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/13/brandon-marshall-shows-up-then-leaves/#comment-311557
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brandon Marshall may soon be an ex-Bronco

"Tad7" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Weeks after franchise quarterback Jay Cutler pissed-and-moaned his way out of town, elite receiver Brandon Marshall could soon be an ex-Bronco, too.[/size]

Coach Josh McDaniels thereafter said that Marshall would be arriving later in the day.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Marshall showed up, met with owner Pat Bowlen, and left.

Uh.
    Oh.

He signed a four-year deal as a rookie, and he’s due to make only $2.1 million in 2009.
    (Absent a new CBA, Marshall would only be a restricted free agent in 2010, due to the rules of the uncapped year.)

But he also has an issue with the team’s medical staff, due to their handling of a hip injury that required surgery during the offseason.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/13/brandon-marshall-shows-up-then-leaves/#comment-311557
    That team is close to being in total chaos.
    I still can't believe that coach even has a job......What a mess.
    LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Huge lol broncos. ahahahahah
    We're bringing purple back.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

Uh.
    Oh.

That team is close to being in total chaos.
    I still can't believe that coach even has a job......What a mess.
    LOL
    It will be interesting to see if Bowlen wants a change in the way the organization is run. Over the past several years, the most successful teams have moved away from the once-popular structure of having a coach-slash-GM in charge of everything.

In Denver, Shanahan ran everything and as things went downhill, he relieved defensive coordinators -- Greg Robinson, Ray Rhodes, Larry Coyer and Jim Bates -- in almost revolving-door fashion.
    ESPN Link

"After giving this careful consideration, I have concluded that a change in our football operations is in the best interests of the Denver Broncos," owner Pat Bowlen said.
    I wonder if Pat considered chaos

Arrrh, arrrh, I smell a mutiny afoot!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

That team is falling apart

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

In a Monday morning segment with 850 KOA in Denver, Schefter said that Marshall asked owner Pat Bowlen to be traded during their Friday meeting.

Per Schefter, Marshall told Bowlen, “I think I’d like to be traded.”
    Schefter said that Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to consider whether he wants a new contract or a trade, and that Marshall is expected to stick to his guns.

Schefter also said that there are other teams in the league (the Bears?) that are ready make a play for Marshall.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/15/schefter-brandon-marshall-asked-to-be-traded/
    :-
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Bears?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Tad7" wrote:
    In a Monday morning segment with 850 KOA in Denver, Schefter said that Marshall asked owner Pat Bowlen to be traded during their Friday meeting.

Schefter said that Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to consider whether he wants a new contract or a trade, and that Marshall is expected to stick to his guns.

Schefter also said that there are other teams in the league (the Bears?) that are ready make a play for Marshall.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/15/schefter-brandon-marshall-asked-to-be-traded/
    :-\
    That is what I would be afraid of.
    He and Cutler are a pretty tough duo.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

:-\
    That is what I would be afraid of.
    He and Cutler are a pretty tough duo.
    If this happens, the NFC North has become one hell of a division this offseason. Not sure a 10-6 record would cut it anymore.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

The chances that the Bears trade for Brandon Marshall are slim. I mean they obviously need a WR, and if it happended he'd reunite with the QB he's been playing with all along.

But being that the Bears already broke the bank for Cutler in the off season, what do they have left to trade for Marshall?

That's why I don't think it'll happen.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast