Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    News Flash: Brandon Marshall is a really good football player and an idiot human being. What a putz...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    It really is over for this team for 5 more years.
    At least 5 years. I think it will take us another decade to climb out of the Childress/Spielman/Frazier mess.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    That is exactly how a team rebuilds. We're not winning a superbowl with Peterson, Allen and Harvin. We MIGHT win a superbowl with Harvin and four great stud pickups, 7 good solid starters in the next 3 years of drafting.
    We're not winning any games without Peterson, Allen, and Harvin.

We could, however win the superbowl with P,A,&H. and a rebuilt team around them. It could be done in two years with great drafting, followed by a few key free agent signings. Depends on the FO.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    It really is over for this team for 5 more years.
    I'm giving up on 2012, but things can change rather quickly in the NFL. If they go all in on rebuilding.
    When Wilf bought the team in 2006 it was completely gutted, no QB, no WR, very few play makers on either side of the ball. It took three years to win the division, and in the 4th they went to the NFC championship game. Then it collapsed in 2010.
    2011 was the first year of the rebuilding process. Hopefully we found our QB of the future. 2012 is year two of rebuilding. If they stay the course I think they will be strong again in 2013, and compete for the division in 2014.
    If they don't make the smart moves it could easily be 10 years.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    If they don't make the smart moves it could easily be 10 years.
    See you in 10.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Ouch, our division just keeps loading up on talent. The only hope for us getting out of the cellar in the next 5 years is if the Bears, Lions, or Packers have major injury problems. While those 3 have been loading up on both sides of the ball the past couple of years, the Vikings have been trying to pull their head out of their ass with both hands tied behind their back. We have the worst front office/coaching staff in the league right now. Since we're going to be a non factor in this division for awhile, we might as well rebuild. If we're lucky we'll be getting our act together just as those 3 teams start to decline in the distant future.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    News Flash: Brandon Marshall is a really good football player and an idiot human being. What a putz...

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I do not have faith in the Vikings front office or coaching.

We have a unproven head coach, a rookie defensive coordinator brought in to run a failed scheme, and an offensive coordinator that quit his old team and runs more face plant tricky plays than Childress ever did.

We can always hope, but the NFC Central is no longer the walkover it once was - except for the Vikings.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post

We can always hope, but the NFC Central is no longer the walkover it once was - except for the Vikings.
    I agree 100%, that ended in 2000.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    [QUOTE=VikesfaninWis:1119634]So now the Vikings have to defend the tandem of Cutler/Marshall, Stafford/Megatron, and Rodgers/ GB WR crew a total of 6 times a year with this lousy ass defense? That is a guaranteed 6 losses right there. Bears, Lions, and Packers have a really good chance at putting up record numbers against this swiss cheese defense. I am actually embarrassed to live in Green Bay and call myself a Viking fan. Unreal.[/QUOTE%]

This. Altough I would never be embarrassed in Green Bay. When i lived there i felt like the was the most intelligent person there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12