Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54
  1. #11
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    I'm waiting for Brady's career to finish before I make any judgments.
    Montana was amazing, as was Johnny U, Elway and many others.
    If Brady wins another Superbowl or two, it might become uncomfortable to argue against it.
    Hell, Peyton could still win another big one or two before he's finished.

    Brady has three rings, right?
    Been to the game four times?
    He's not far away, in terms of success.
    The statistics will be there after a few more years of playing, as will Manning's.

  2. #12
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    "Json" wrote:
    Tom Brady = Best QB to ever live

    except for all the ones taht are better.
    That's my point, nobody is or has ever been better then Brady.
    really?

    Why is it that you think Brady is so good?
    Is it because he has 3 rings?
    (I'd like to point out that Bradshaw has 4) I'm sure you know by now that the Patriots as a whole were a great team.
    They had a fantastic defense, and a great offense.
    Brady isn't the sole reason theyw on those game.
    Stick Manning in there, and I bet they still win.
    Having guys like Welker, Moss and a great defense is more of a reason they were great for so long than just Brady.

    quick question for you.
    How many qb's in the history of the NFL went 18-0 only to choke in the superbowl?
    Only 1.


  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    "Json" wrote:
    Tom Brady = Best QB to ever live

    except for all the ones taht are better.
    That's my point, nobody is or has ever been better then Brady.
    Wow.
    If not for a bad interpretation of the tuck-rule, the kicking leg of Adam Vinatieri and the cheating of Bill Belicheck, there would be no Tom Brady legend to debate.

    All great QBs are products of their systems and fellow teammates, to a degree.
    But to blithely toss aside the accomplishments of great QBs of the past like Unitas, Otto Graham, Joe Montana and, yes, Terry Bradshaw is simply ludicrous and will move you down about 50 spaces on the 'ol spreadsheet, once Marrdro returns from his flirtation with the Bengals.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    Tom Brady = Best QB to ever live

    except for all the ones taht are better.
    That's my point, nobody is or has ever been better then Brady.
    Wow.
    If not for a bad interpretation of the tuck-rule, the kicking leg of Adam Vinatieri and the cheating of Bill Belicheck, there would be no Tom Brady legend to debate.

    All great QBs are products of their systems and fellow teammates, to a degree.
    But to blithely toss aside the accomplishments of great QBs of the past like Unitas, Otto Graham, Joe Montana and, yes, Terry Bradshaw is simply ludicrous and will move you down about 50 spaces on the 'ol spreadsheet, once Marrdro returns from his flirtation with the Bengals.

    =Z=
    for once we agree on something!

    I'd also like to point out for those who use the whole "ring theory" for deciding on who's a good QB.

    Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Phil Simms, John Elway and Jim plunkett are all tied for the 3rd best quarterback of all time.

    You can make arguments for Elway, sure... Starr's in a category of his own, since the game was so different then.
    Griese, Simms and Plunkett were good, but nothing truly special.

    Dan Marino has none, does that make him a worthless QB?

  5. #15
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #16
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    Tom Brady = Best QB to ever live

    except for all the ones taht are better.
    That's my point, nobody is or has ever been better then Brady.
    Wow.
    If not for a bad interpretation of the tuck-rule, the kicking leg of Adam Vinatieri and the cheating of Bill Belicheck, there would be no Tom Brady legend to debate.

    All great QBs are products of their systems and fellow teammates, to a degree.
    But to blithely toss aside the accomplishments of great QBs of the past like Unitas, Otto Graham, Joe Montana and, yes, Terry Bradshaw is simply ludicrous and will move you down about 50 spaces on the 'ol spreadsheet, once Marrdro returns from his flirtation with the Bengals.

    =Z=
    for once we agree on something!

    I'd also like to point out for those who use the whole "ring theory" for deciding on who's a good QB.

    Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Phil Simms, John Elway and Jim plunkett are all tied for the 3rd best quarterback of all time.

    You can make arguments for Elway, sure... Starr's in a category of his own, since the game was so different then.
    Griese, Simms and Plunkett were good, but nothing truly special.

    Dan Marino has none, does that make him a worthless QB?
    Exactly.
    In a team sport like Football, you cant evaluate any one player based on position purely on rings.
    Rings go to teams, not a player.
    Based purely on talent, skill level, and work ethic, I would put Marino, Peyton, Montana, and Unitas as the greatest QBs to play.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  7. #17
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    Tom Brady = Best QB to ever live

    except for all the ones taht are better.
    That's my point, nobody is or has ever been better then Brady.
    Wow.
    If not for a bad interpretation of the tuck-rule, the kicking leg of Adam Vinatieri and the cheating of Bill Belicheck, there would be no Tom Brady legend to debate.

    All great QBs are products of their systems and fellow teammates, to a degree.
    But to blithely toss aside the accomplishments of great QBs of the past like Unitas, Otto Graham, Joe Montana and, yes, Terry Bradshaw is simply ludicrous and will move you down about 50 spaces on the 'ol spreadsheet, once Marrdro returns from his flirtation with the Bengals.

    =Z=
    for once we agree on something!

    I'd also like to point out for those who use the whole "ring theory" for deciding on who's a good QB.

    Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Phil Simms, John Elway and Jim plunkett are all tied for the 3rd best quarterback of all time.

    You can make arguments for Elway, sure... Starr's in a category of his own, since the game was so different then.
    Griese, Simms and Plunkett were good, but nothing truly special.

    Dan Marino has none, does that make him a worthless QB?
    Exactly.
    In a team sport like Football, you cant evaluate any one player based on position purely on rings.
    Rings go to teams, not a player.
    Based purely on talent, skill level, and work ethic, I would put Marino, Peyton, Montana, and Unitas as the greatest QBs to play.
    +1
    I like how you didn't include Montana or Young in that list

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    Tom Brady = Best QB to ever live

    except for all the ones taht are better.
    That's my point, nobody is or has ever been better then Brady.
    Wow.
    If not for a bad interpretation of the tuck-rule, the kicking leg of Adam Vinatieri and the cheating of Bill Belicheck, there would be no Tom Brady legend to debate.

    All great QBs are products of their systems and fellow teammates, to a degree.
    But to blithely toss aside the accomplishments of great QBs of the past like Unitas, Otto Graham, Joe Montana and, yes, Terry Bradshaw is simply ludicrous and will move you down about 50 spaces on the 'ol spreadsheet, once Marrdro returns from his flirtation with the Bengals.
    for once we agree on something!

    I'd also like to point out for those who use the whole "ring theory" for deciding on who's a good QB.

    Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Phil Simms, John Elway and Jim plunkett are all tied for the 3rd best quarterback of all time.

    You can make arguments for Elway, sure... Starr's in a category of his own, since the game was so different then.
    Griese, Simms and Plunkett were good, but nothing truly special.

    Dan Marino has none, does that make him a worthless QB?
    Exactly.
    In a team sport like Football, you cant evaluate any one player based on position purely on rings.
    Rings go to teams, not a player.
    Based purely on talent, skill level, and work ethic, I would put Marino, Peyton, Montana, and Unitas as the greatest QBs to play.
    +1
    I like how you didn't include Montana or Young in that list
    Montana is the 3rd QB he listed, dude.

    No love for Otto Graham, however.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    Brady is a great QB who will be up in the top 10 when he's done.
    I highly doubt he's going to be on a large downswing for the rest of his career right now.
    He's what, 32?
    Guy is just throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.

  10. #20
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brady's days as a great QB are done

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Json link=topic=51771.msg944878#msg944878 date=1241624636]
    Tom Brady = Best QB to ever live

    except for all the ones taht are better.
    That's my point, nobody is or has ever been better then Brady.
    Wow.
    If not for a bad interpretation of the tuck-rule, the kicking leg of Adam Vinatieri and the cheating of Bill Belicheck, there would be no Tom Brady legend to debate.

    All great QBs are products of their systems and fellow teammates, to a degree.
    But to blithely toss aside the accomplishments of great QBs of the past like Unitas, Otto Graham, Joe Montana and, yes, Terry Bradshaw is simply ludicrous and will move you down about 50 spaces on the 'ol spreadsheet, once Marrdro returns from his flirtation with the Bengals.
    for once we agree on something!

    I'd also like to point out for those who use the whole "ring theory" for deciding on who's a good QB.

    Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Phil Simms, John Elway and Jim plunkett are all tied for the 3rd best quarterback of all time.

    You can make arguments for Elway, sure... Starr's in a category of his own, since the game was so different then.
    Griese, Simms and Plunkett were good, but nothing truly special.

    Dan Marino has none, does that make him a worthless QB?
    Exactly.
    In a team sport like Football, you cant evaluate any one player based on position purely on rings.
    Rings go to teams, not a player.
    Based purely on talent, skill level, and work ethic, I would put Marino, Peyton, Montana, and Unitas as the greatest QBs to play.
    +1
    I like how you didn't include Montana or Young in that list
    Montana is the 3rd QB he listed, dude.

    No love for Otto Graham, however.

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    haha.. how'd I miss that one.

    Still hate it when people list both Montana and Young in the top 5.
    Brady is basically Steve Young 2.0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great memory of days gone by-1987 Vikings
    By Boyum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
  2. Tom Brady's Baby Ends Holdout
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:48 PM
  3. MOVED: Tom Brady's Baby Ends Holdout
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 01:43 PM
  4. Tom Brady's boys can swim
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 08:01 AM
  5. Tom Brady's $24-million signing bonus
    By PurplePharaoh in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 06:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •