Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Brady vs Manning

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You want to see a work of art.....?

Watch the OL for both teams.
    Those gol 'darnit QB's have all day to sit back there and figure out who is gonna get open.

Brady picked us apart last year.
    It wouldn't even be close this year.
    He'd have us for B-fast, Lunch Dinner and Supper.

;D
    Both Manning and Brady make their OLs look better than they probably are with smart, fast reads and quick, accurate throws.

=Z=
    Thats a given, however, I got to 6 Minnesota twice just in the first half alone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I am so over the Patsies!!
    Heard more than enough of their "dynasty" and Tom's supermodel girlfriends!!
    So, I'll be cheering for the Colts.
    I've also heard enough of the AFC dominance over the NFC, and pretty much always root for the NFC in interconference games...even our dreaded rivals at times...specially if our season no longer matters to the playoffs

These are both good TEAMS, with their consistency and their members making each other look good on a weekly basis.

Defensively, Pats tops vs. run...Colts tops vs. pass-great matchup both ways!
    Offensivevly, colts have edge running, Pats probably have better WRs at the moment, with Marvin dinged up and Gonzales a rookie.
    Good TEs on both sides, can see that position shining to some extent.

When I was studying the Supplemental draft picks I noticed a few things.
    Many of them went to very successful teams like the Pats (4?).
    As an educated guess...its based on the ratio of starters that you get and lose in FA, to supposedly make up for veterans lost.
    So, by carefully allowing your vets who have perhaps peaked to leave (usually saving money on salary) one year, and then signing good talent at reasonable levels, every other year...you can get some free picks while replacing the guys who would eventually be lost to retirement (or cost) anyway.
    NE seems to have this shit nailed!
    Hope our boys are paying attention!

Napo is starting in KC, Smoot in WAS...I must be forgetting someone...WRs or something that are playing too.
    Signed only lower level guys this year, hopefully, it will pay back this draft!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

both brady and manning have all day in the pocket to throw....

i wonder what they would do with a crappy line...?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DustinDupont" wrote:

Probably make quicker reads, get through thier progressions faster, make quicker throws and a small (mind you) increase in INT's.
    Of course because they are Vets, they could then ream thier WR's a new ass for not being were the QB wanted them to be and the WR wouldn't dare disagree with him if he ever wanted to see a ball thrown his way.
    (No catches = no productivity = no incentives = smaller pay checks).

Rookies on the other hand would try to make quicker reads, get threw thier progressions faster, try to make quicker throws (probably with bad mechanics resulting in errant/off target throws) and have a hell of alot more INT's.
    If they dared to question a Vet on his route they would be told to throw the damn ball were it is supposed to be.
    Of course the rook would shut his yap or all his fans would get on him cause he sucks.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

Probably make quicker reads, get through thier progressions faster, make quicker throws and a small (mind you) increase in INT's.
    Of course because they are Vets, they could then ream thier WR's a new jiggly butt for not being were the QB wanted them to be and the WR wouldn't dare disagree with him if he ever wanted to see a ball thrown his way.
    (No catches = no productivity = no incentives = smaller pay checks).

Rookies on the other hand would try to make quicker reads, get threw thier progressions faster, try to make quicker throws (probably with bad mechanics resulting in errant/off target throws) and have a hell of alot more INT's.
    If they dared to question a Vet on his route they would be told to throw the gol 'darnit ball were it is supposed to be.
    Of course the rook would shut his yap or all his fans would get on him cause he sucks.

;D
    Or just get sacked.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"DustinDupont" wrote:

They'd still be okay, but obviously not as good as they are now.

One of the advantages both these guys have, and their offensive lines take advantage as well, is that they have a lot of good WRs.
    That is, they each have 4 or 5 very talented targets to throw to.

Take New England, for example.
    Moss demands at least two defenders, and pushes your safeties way back (which helps in the run game and to free up space underneath).
    Then add in Welker, Stallworth, and Watson.
    You really need at least 4 guys to cover these three, as any one of them can beat you one-on-one.
    Then they have good pass catching running backs out of the backfield (how many did they grab Sunday?) that run hard with the ball.
    You need to account for those guys every play with a man.
    Now you have five receivers being covered by seven guys, leaving only 4 to rush the passer.

So, while their lines are both very good, I think a big part of it is that they have a good line combined with a very talented and deep receiving corp.
    Give them a terrible line, and they'll still have some time because of that.
    Give them a terrible line and a terrible receiving corp, and you'll have something that approximates Brett Favre in 2005 (20 TDs, 29 INTs).
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Those gol 'darnit QB's have all day to sit back there and figure out who is gonna get open.

;D
    That's funny Marrdro.
    I was also telling my wife you can practically count to 10 Mississippi before Brady had to move other than his drop back.

Both Manning and Brady make their OLs look better than they probably are with smart, fast reads and quick, accurate throws.

=Z=
    Thats a given, however, I got to 6 Minnesota twice just in the first half alone.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Yes - but a large part of that is probably due to the other team needing to keep more players in coverage due to the skill of the QB, thus leaving fewer available to rush.

It's all part of two finely-oiled teams playing at a high-level.
    That's for sure.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

They'd still be okay, but obviously not as good as they are now.

One of the advantages both these guys have, and their offensive lines take advantage as well, is that they have a lot of good WRs.
    That is, they each have 4 or 5 very talented targets to throw to.

Take New England, for example.
    Moss demands at least two defenders, and pushes your safeties way back (which helps in the run game and to free up space underneath).
    Then add in Welker, Stallworth, and Watson.
    You really need at least 4 guys to cover these three, as any one of them can beat you one-on-one.
    Then they have good pass catching running backs out of the backfield (how many did they grab Sunday?) that run hard with the ball.
    You need to account for those guys every play with a man.
    Now you have five receivers being covered by seven guys, leaving only 4 to rush the passer.

So, while their lines are both very good, I think a big part of it is that they have a good line combined with a very talented and deep receiving corp.
    Give them a terrible line, and they'll still have some time because of that.
    Give them a terrible line and a terrible receiving corp, and you'll have something that approximates Brett Favre in 2005 (20 TDs, 29 INTs).
    Nah, that's just because Brett (the INT King) sucked!!!
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Yes - but a large part of that is probably due to the other team needing to keep more players in coverage due to the skill of the QB, thus leaving fewer available to rush.

It's all part of two finely-oiled teams playing at a high-level.
    That's for sure.

=Z=
    That's it, sure would be fun to see a QB that makes the quick reads on the Vikes soon.
    You know when Brooks Bollinger comes in and starts making things happen there is hope.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast