Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Brady on the roids?

Patriots | Brady's name linked to BALCO case
    Thu, 17 Aug 2006 05:38:26 -0700

Teri Thompson, of the New York Daily News, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady's name has peripherally emerged in the BALCO investigation. In a statement to prosecutors about his intentions to keep quiet, San Francisco Giants OF Barry Bonds' trainer, Greg Anderson, invoked Brady's name, effectively dragging the three-time Super Bowl winner into the biggest steroid scandal in U.S. sports history, saying the two had spoken over the phone but never made further contact. Several NFL players have emerged in the BALCO investigation, along with numerous baseball players, but none with the star power of Brady. "I had only one brief conversation with Tom Brady regarding a potential future workout," Anderson said in the statement to prosecutors that was included in court documents unsealed in San Francisco. "I never had another phone conversation with him and never discussed it with anyone." Brady attended the same Bay Area high school as Bonds. His agent, Donald Yee, couldn't be reached for comment, and the Patriots declined comment on Anderson's statement. "I don't have any information on it," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said. "I'm not going on hearsay."

That is rather interesting...

Prophet Guest

Re: Brady on the roids?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5879838
    Anderson contacted Brady about workout
    FOXSports.com
    17 August 2006

There may be something to it, but I doubt it.
    It seems like Mr. Anderson is dragging every big name athlete he can into the investigation so he can buy time for Bonds.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Now we KNOW how the Patsies won three SBs...someone should check David Ortiz while they are at it!
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

If Brady is on roids he must have really been a pencil neck pre-roids.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Teri Thompson, of the New York Daily News, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady's name has peripherally emerged in the BALCO investigation. In a statement to prosecutors about his intentions to keep quiet, San Francisco Giants OF Barry Bonds' trainer, Greg Anderson, invoked Brady's name, effectively dragging the three-time Super Bowl winner into the biggest steroid scandal in U.S. sports history, saying the two had spoken over the phone but never made further contact. Several NFL players have emerged in the BALCO investigation, along with numerous baseball players, but none with the star power of Brady. "I had only one brief conversation with Tom Brady regarding a potential future workout," Anderson said in the statement to prosecutors that was included in court documents unsealed in San Francisco. "I never had another phone conversation with him and never discussed it with anyone." Brady attended the same Bay Area high school as Bonds. His agent, Donald Yee, couldn't be reached for comment, and the Patriots declined comment on Anderson's statement. "I don't have any information on it," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said. "I'm not going on hearsay."

its not "rather interesting" b/c there is nothing to the rumor, all they did was have a brief conversation...........as for the ortiz accustation of using steroids by cajun, i think he's confusing him with giambi or sheffield

How do ya like them apples?!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

hmmmm, I always wondered why Brady's right arm is bigger than his left

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Who cares. They are trying to drag football into the riods debate. We ALL know football and hockey players take roids. If you don't WAKE UP!
    They need to with the amount of hits they take with their sports. If they did not I would be shocked.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

How is any of that interesting? All it says is that he had one conversation with him and that was it. Big deal.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5879838
    Anderson contacted Brady about workout
    FOXSports.com
    17 August 2006

There may be something to it, but I doubt it.
    It seems like Mr. Anderson is dragging every big name athlete he can into the investigation so he can buy time for Bonds.

I most certainly am not.

Prophet Guest

Barry keep on pluggin' along
    [img width=385 height=505]http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0817/pg2_bonds_385.jpg[/img]
    page2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast