Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56
  1. #51
    tjohnson's Avatar
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    552

    Re: Brady overrated?

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    Proof positive that a QB is only as good as his line.

    He is good, but not great. Under pressure he dances as good as anyone else. IMO.
    how do you explain the Dallas Cowboys this year then. Bledsoe and Romo played with the SAME line. One guy looked good, one guy sucked. If it's all about the line, why the different results?

    It was the Giants game that Bledsoe was pulled out of and Romo took his place and Romo looked terrible and he played as bad as Bledsoe did, so was it the team they were playing that made them both look bad?
    Or was it the O-line playing terrible in that game and not giving either time to throw?
    Romo looked pretty good against Carolina, arguably a much better defensive line than Beuffalo, and played with the same O-line Bledsoe did.

    I think a QB's greatness transcends the quality of his offensive line. Sure it is important, but a great QB will succeed regardless. Brady doesn't even have a great O-line this year, and a couple starters were hurt (Hochstein and Graham, one of the 3 or 4 best blocking TE's in the league). Brady is great. Period.

    How do ya like them apples?!

  2. #52
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Brady overrated?

    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    Proof positive that a QB is only as good as his line.

    He is good, but not great. Under pressure he dances as good as anyone else. IMO.
    how do you explain the Dallas Cowboys this year then. Bledsoe and Romo played with the SAME line. One guy looked good, one guy sucked. If it's all about the line, why the different results?

    It was the Giants game that Bledsoe was pulled out of and Romo took his place and Romo looked terrible and he played as bad as Bledsoe did, so was it the team they were playing that made them both look bad?
    Or was it the O-line playing terrible in that game and not giving either time to throw?
    Romo looked pretty good against Carolina, arguably a much better defensive line than Beuffalo, and played with the same O-line Bledsoe did.

    I think a QB's greatness transcends the quality of his offensive line. Sure it is important, but a great QB will succeed regardless. Brady doesn't even have a great O-line this year, and a couple starters were hurt (Hochstein and Graham, one of the 3 or 4 best blocking TE's in the league). Brady is great. Period.


    I am not saying that Romo isn't as good a QB as Bledsoe or that he is better, I am saying that Romo came in against the Giants and looked terrible, and he didn't look any better than Bledsoe!
    It was last weeks Monday night game!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  3. #53
    tjohnson's Avatar
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    552

    Re: Brady overrated?

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    Proof positive that a QB is only as good as his line.

    He is good, but not great. Under pressure he dances as good as anyone else. IMO.
    how do you explain the Dallas Cowboys this year then. Bledsoe and Romo played with the SAME line. One guy looked good, one guy sucked. If it's all about the line, why the different results?

    It was the Giants game that Bledsoe was pulled out of and Romo took his place and Romo looked terrible and he played as bad as Bledsoe did, so was it the team they were playing that made them both look bad?
    Or was it the O-line playing terrible in that game and not giving either time to throw?
    Romo looked pretty good against Carolina, arguably a much better defensive line than Beuffalo, and played with the same O-line Bledsoe did.

    I think a QB's greatness transcends the quality of his offensive line. Sure it is important, but a great QB will succeed regardless. Brady doesn't even have a great O-line this year, and a couple starters were hurt (Hochstein and Graham, one of the 3 or 4 best blocking TE's in the league). Brady is great. Period.


    I am not saying that Romo isn't as good a QB as Bledsoe or that he is better, I am saying that Romo came in against the Giants and looked terrible, and he didn't look any better than Bledsoe!
    It was last weeks Monday night game!
    he didnt look that good but it was his first nfl start and he was thrust into a monday night game at halftime. needless to say, that can be pretty nervewracking. i dont really care about romo or the cowboys, my main point is that you cant base a QBs greatness on the quality of his offensive line. a truely great quarterback will overcome that, and I think that Brady has. enough talk about romo.

    How do ya like them apples?!

  4. #54
    marantzo is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    110

    Re: Brady overrated?


    When someone claims that Brady is overrated or is no better than an average or above average QB, I can't help but be mytified. The possibilities are limited to; The person hasn't seen a football game, the person caught Brady sleeping with his wife, the person is mixing up Brady with Brunel, the person thinks the Super Bowl is the championship of the NCAA IV division, the person keeps betting against NE and loses, the person thinks a quarterback is only half as good as a halfback and a quarter as good as a fullback, or the person suffers from delusional schizophrenia.

  5. #55
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Brady overrated?

    Oh for pity sake!

    Take Brady and put him behind the worst O-line in the league and see what happens. I don't care how good an individual QB is, if he doesn't have time drop back and pass, he will look lame and everyone will blame the line. The fact is that Brady has all the time he needs to produce the best results but that does not make him an elite QB in terms of skill or talent. He was a 6th round draft choice, 199th overall. It is highly unlikely that so many were so wrong in assessing his individual abilities. This is a case of being on a good team making a huge difference.
    And if you don't believe me, just ask Archie Manning. LOL ;D

    I give him lots of credit........he's damn good. But not great.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  6. #56
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Brady overrated?

    "Freya" wrote:
    Oh for pity sake!

    Take Brady and put him behind the worst O-line in the league and see what happens. I don't care how good an individual QB is, if he doesn't have time drop back and pass, he will look lame and everyone will blame the line. The fact is that Brady has all the time he needs to produce the best results but that does not make him an elite QB in terms of skill or talent. He was a 6th round draft choice, 199th overall. It is highly unlikely that so many were so wrong in assessing his individual abilities. This is a case of being on a good team making a huge difference.
    And if you don't believe me, just ask Archie Manning. LOL ;D

    I give him lots of credit........he's gol 'darnit good. But not great.
    If that all was true, then Trent Dilfer would have 10 Super Bowl rings.

    The Patriots were starting a guard on Monday night who was CUT by the Dolphins a couple weeks ago.


    Here's your pity's sake - if Brady was the Vikings starting QB, OF COURSE the PP.O world would think he's a God and the greatest ever.

    I would take Brady over any other QB in the NFL right now - and that includes Peyton Manning.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. OVERRATED!!!!!!
    By Ihatevikings in forum Post Wasteland
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 11:45 AM
  2. MOVED: OVERRATED!!!!!!
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
  3. overrated grossman at it again
    By TARKenton in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 03:44 PM
  4. MOVED: Brady overrated?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 02:35 PM
  5. Bears "D" overrated?
    By LuckyVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 03:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •