Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Bradford Impresses at Pro Day

Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Bulger has been released. Bradford is going #1
    You might be correct. Atleast that is a very good indicator that they are gonna go in a different direction.

Funny how the Dnabb move caused a ripple affect throughout the league.

On a side note, a few other indicators to ponder....

A.J. Feeley signed a two-year deal worth $6 million plus escalators. Thats some serious backup money. What did we sign Sage for?

They took a 4 game look at Keith Null at the end of last season. He kindof goofed that a bit by getting a concussion in the last game against the 9rs and threw alot of INT's, but they still might think he has some sort of future.

The one I really think they might look at hard this year is Mike Reilly.

FFT Toolbox - Mike Reilly

In short, just cause they let Bulger go, doesn't instantly mean they are gonna take Bradford number 1. It just means they are moving on. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Even though I want the Rams to draft Suh I dont think they will. I also dont think that letting go Bulger automatically makes the decision that they will draft Bradford, I think it will be a money issue. Its easy to justify paying a QB number 1 overall money but not a DT, call me crazy but I have the feeling that will sway the decision of the Rams. The rams need a good quarterback to go along with Steven Jackson.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

PackSux! wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Bulger has been released. Bradford is going #1
    You might be correct. Atleast that is a very good indicator that they are gonna go in a different direction.

Funny how the Dnabb move caused a ripple affect throughout the league.

On a side note, a few other indicators to ponder....

A.J. Feeley signed a two-year deal worth $6 million plus escalators. Thats some serious backup money. What did we sign Sage for?

They took a 4 game look at Keith Null at the end of last season. He kindof goofed that a bit by getting a concussion in the last game against the 9rs and threw alot of INT's, but they still might think he has some sort of future.

The one I really think they might look at hard this year is Mike Reilly.

FFT Toolbox - Mike Reilly

In short, just cause they let Bulger go, doesn't instantly mean they are gonna take Bradford number 1. It just means they are moving on. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Even though I want the Rams to draft Suh I dont think they will. I also dont think that letting go Bulger automatically makes the decision that they will draft Bradford, I think it will be a money issue. Its easy to justify paying a QB number 1 overall money but not a DT, call me crazy but I have the feeling that will sway the decision of the Rams. The rams need a good quarterback to go along with Steven Jackson.
    Good point on the money aspect.

Problem for me is that no matter who they draft, the owner will probably already have been briefed on thier draft intentions so justifying the money would be an old issue.

I think it comes down to the money, but more along the lines of can they get a deal done with him before the draft.

If they can't, my guess is it will be the DT or atleast a move out of the spot, which is what I really think they want to do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Based on last year’s deal for Lions QB Matthew Stafford, the Rams are going to have to pay somewhere in the area of $43 million to $45 million, including about $20M in guaranteed money, to get Bradford signed as the No. 1 overall pick
    He also played predominantly in a spread offense at Oklahoma (much like the recently maligned Tim Tebow at Florida), where he mostly hit his primary read or hit the quick screen pass when in trouble. Making full-field reads of coverages, picking up zone dogs and linebacker drops, and determining safety movement postsnap while dropping from center are clearly going to be big adjustments for him, which will take time.
    The Rams gave up 27.2 points per game in 2009, second-worst in the NFL. What that means is they will be playing from behind much of the time, which means more passing, which means less Jackson and more opportunities for opposing defenses to test Bradford’s durability.

Bradford, McNabb, New Draft QB Questions

All kinds of good info in here my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

After Sam Bradford's Pro Day workout, Marc Bulger asked to be released

Here is an article from PFT talking about how Bulger, who is represented by the same guy who represents Bradford asked for the release after Bradfords pro-day.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

slavinator wrote:

Here is an article from PFT talking about how Bulger, who is represented by the same guy who represents Bradford asked for the release after Bradfords pro-day.
    No, it's a dead link.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

After Sam Bradford's Pro Day workout, Marc Bulger asked to be releasedC Mac D wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

No, it's a dead link.
    Sorry, trying to re-link it from PFT

C Mac D wrote:
    Thanks! PICNIC on my side I am sure was the issue........ :blush:

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Report: Rams Tell Sam Bradford They Just Want to Be Friends

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:801/report-rams-tell-sam-bradford-they-just-want-to-be-friends

Despite months of courtship, the St. Louis Rams informed Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford today that they only want to be friends.

“We’re moving in a different direction,” Rams GM Billy Devaney told Bradford in a brief, but tearful call today. “It’s not you. Really, it’s not. You’re a great quarterback. You’ll make some lucky team very happy.”

The Rams stress that they are very early in their rebuilding process and don’t want to commit to just one player – especially with the draft still weeks away.

“I just came out of a three-year relationship in Oklahoma,” he said. “I don’t like being alone. I probably shouldn’t say this, but I’ll probably just go to the first team that will take me. But my heart will always be with the Rams. I know that. We had something special. Maybe one day we can be together again – through a trade or maybe free agency. That hope is what will get me through each day.”
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345