Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    swardsooner is offline Rookie

Re:Bradford Impresses at Pro Day

gregair13 wrote:
    Someone said it was the best workout they have seen since Troy Aikman worked out for the cowgirls.

I dunno which of the two I like better, but McCoy has something about him I like.
    "Someone" was Gil Brandt.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

midgensa wrote:
    I guess the Yutz on the board who was saying Bradford lost millions when he got hurt was a little off.
    He still hasn't been selected.

Again, the concerns teams have over him isn't if he can throw the ball, its what happens if he gets landed on.

Rumors out there that he will hold out all the way to the Rams won't make up thier mind until his private workout with them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    I guess the Yutz on the board who was saying Bradford lost millions when he got hurt was a little off.
    He was a lock at #1 if he never got hurt. I think the rams are still going to take him and they should.
    I still don't think it is a done deal but you are correct. If he came out last year he would have been the Lions starter. Now it is still up in the air regardless of what happened at that workout.

When teams get him alone and can have thier medical dept look at him is when we will know how much he lost.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

All I know is that I wish the Vikings would get Bradford and the Rams will take Suh. Obviously that won't happen for the Vikes, but I can dream.... right? I think Sam has great potential in this league and I wish the Vikings could somehow get him.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    All I know is that I wish the Vikings would get Bradford and the Rams will take Suh. Obviously that won't happen for the Vikes, but I can dream.... right? I think Sam has great potential in this league and I wish the Vikings could somehow get him.
    That would be scary.

I'm just hoping that Clausen doesn't slide down. He's a great prospect. If he falls to the 20s and you trade up and groom him for a year behind Favre, you might just be set at QB for a long time.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    That would be scary.

I'm just hoping that Clausen doesn't slide down. He's a great prospect. If he falls to the 20s and you trade up and groom him for a year behind Favre, you might just be set at QB for a long time.
    What when we have Tarvaris "The Real Deal" Jackson at #2 and waiting like a coiled spring? :woohoo:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Rockmolder wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    That would be scary.

What would be scary is everytime Bradford drops back, is worrying if he is gonna get sacked and be done.

Nope, I would still rather look at a kid in the later rounds as a project. Low cost in dollars. Low cost in picks. Low cost in risk to the organization if the kid doesn't work out.

Seriously, would you rather have a TJ or a Brady/Lienart/Jamarcus project?

One didn't cost much and isn't really a big of a deal if he doesn't work out. The other 3 will be affecting thier teams for many years to come my friends and still haven't solved thier teams QB woes.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Rockmolder wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Bradford has bust written all over him, in my opinion.
    I highly doubt that. His only problem will come from injuries.

But I dont want to see Sam go to the Rams, because if he does then we have to deal with Suh being a Lion.
    They still might go Okung. Even with Suh on the board.

But I know what you mean. Vanden Bosch - Williams - Suh - Avril(?). That's a pretty scary D-line, already. Avril has a lot of potential, but might be more of a replacement for Vanden Bosch at RDE than a player who they want at LDE.

And you can't forger the emergence of Sammie Lee Hill who will be rotating at DT.

If they could get Suh and whichever rookie DE slides into the 2nd, they'd have one dangerous D-line.
    I have a heard time believing that the lions will go OL because for some reason they just never do. Hell they wouldnt even get Barry Sanders an OL when they should have. Why would they go and get an OL for Stafford? That is what recievers are for. :huh:

The Lions are getting some young players in the right positions and could be a suprise this season. The Lions along with the Bears got better during the free agency period but the Lions will get even better threw the draft this year.

The whole damn North division got better and the Vikes have lost players and could even lose more as we come closer to the draft.

PackSux! wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Bradford has bust written all over him, in my opinion.
    I highly doubt that. His only problem will come from injuries.

But I dont want to see Sam go to the Rams, because if he does then we have to deal with Suh being a Lion.
    They still might go Okung. Even with Suh on the board.

But I know what you mean. Vanden Bosch - Williams - Suh - Avril(?). That's a pretty scary D-line, already. Avril has a lot of potential, but might be more of a replacement for Vanden Bosch at RDE than a player who they want at LDE.

And you can't forger the emergence of Sammie Lee Hill who will be rotating at DT.

If they could get Suh and whichever rookie DE slides into the 2nd, they'd have one dangerous D-line.
    I have a heard time believing that the lions will go OL because for some reason they just never do. Hell they wouldnt even get Barry Sanders an OL when they should have. Why would they go and get an OL for Stafford? That is what recievers are for. :huh:

The Lions are getting some young players in the right positions and could be a suprise this season. The Lions along with the Bears got better during the free agency period but the Lions will get even better threw the draft this year.

The whole damn North division got better and the Vikes have lost players and could even lose more as we come closer to the draft.
    Trying to say that a GM from years ago wouldn't address thier OL issues as the logic why the current GM wouldn't address OL issues is kindof missing the mark.

I for one believe that they have a hell of alot invested in a young QB as thier Franchises future. To think they wouldn't do everything possible to keep him healthy and successfull is kindof out there.

Then if you take into account the DE's that are gonna be chasing that young QB in this division, one would almost make LT the highest priority for that staff.

Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    That would be scary.

What would be scary is everytime Bradford drops back, is worrying if he is gonna get sacked and be done.

Nope, I would still rather look at a kid in the later rounds as a project. Low cost in dollars. Low cost in picks. Low cost in risk to the organization if the kid doesn't work out.

Seriously, would you rather have a TJ or a Brady/Lienart/Jamarcus project?

One didn't cost much and isn't really a big of a deal if he doesn't work out. The other 3 will be affecting thier teams for many years to come my friends and still haven't solved thier teams QB woes.
    And a low chance at actually becoming a good starter. Just look at a couple of recent drafts. Projects usually don't work out that well. Can you think of a "recently" drafted good non-first round QB? Chad Henne, maybe? Kolb has potential, but no one really knows.

I'm not saying that you should draft Bradford. I can imagine that you don't want a guy who has an injury history. Like I said, though, if Clausen slides into the 20s, you have to figure that some team will make a move for him. And if I where a Vikings fan, I'd be hoping that team would be mine.

Would you rather have a TJ or a Rodgers, Rivers, Cutler kind of QB?

I get what you're saying about risks, but it's one you really have to make if you want a young franchise QB.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast