Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Brad Johnson: pure efficiency !!

I just watched the first half of the Dallas at Denver pre-season game down here in Dallas. All I can say is, Romo looked horrible. He overthrew passes and was extremely inaccurate.

On the other hand, Brad Johnson was sheer efficiency. He made great reads and throws. His passes were exactly when and where they had to be. His underneath passes were superb.

Hello, Vikings management: and why did we let this guy go, again ?

When I compare these tight passes, great reads, and perfect timing with what we had last year at QB, I really
    have to ask this question. Brad looked like Joe Montana tonight. His ability to read the defense and then check down to the open, underneath receiver is something our offense sorely needs !

If you doubt me, go back and watch the TD pass Brad threw to Miles Austin late in the 2nd quarter. It was PERFECT.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Brad Johnson: pure efficiency !!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I just watched the first half of the Dallas at Denver pre-season game down here in Dallas. All I can say is, Romo looked horrible. He overthrew passes and was extremely inaccurate.

On the other hand, Brad Johnson was sheer efficiency. He made great reads and throws. His passes were exactly when and where they had to be. His underneath passes were superb.

Hello, Vikings management: and why did we let this guy go, again ?

When I compare these tight passes, great reads, and perfect timing with what we had last year at QB, I really
    have to ask this question. Brad looked like Joe Montana tonight.
    Thats what he looked like going into 2006 ... he is a good QB and usually will not force anything, but it seemed like he started forcing throws in '06. Dude the Vikings Management has been great, I really haven't seen a move i didn't agree with, Vikings management = B+/A-. Brad Johnson is not the answer to our Offense and obviously not anyone other teams either.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

It's preseason.

So if Jackson looked awesome in pre-season, we should write that off as "just pre-season" ?

Please remember: pre-season is also where guys are fighting for a job, so it is in some senses more intense than the regular season. And BTW, where else should Brad show what he has ?

To be honest, I was totally ready tonight to say 'Brad is done, he should retire". But he proved me wrong. He is sheer efficiency.

Romo is hugely overrated and should be dropped about 3 tiers now in fantasy football. He was horrible tonight. He had a receiver wide open, beat the safety by about 3 yards, and totally could not hit him. Terrible.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Ah yes rag arm immobile statue johnson,such fond memmories
    :

Brad, when the pocket is collapsing: dump the ball off over the middle.

Tarvaris, when the pocket is collapsing: panic !!!
    :P

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Usually the backups in preseason games play against other backups. Brad has had a great career but let's be serious here. He is not a starting caliber QB any longer. His role as veteran backup with the headset is perfect for him.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Brad, when the pocket is collapsing: dump the ball off over the middle.

Tarvaris, when the pocket is collapsing: panic !!!
    :P
    Maybe last year, he hasn't panicked so far this preseason, he steps up or runs... The more and more i read what you write, i start to wonder if you know what you are talking about

Brad Johnson's 2006 preseason stats:

34 completions on 45 attempts (76%), 333 yards (7.4 y/a), 2 TDs, 0 INTs, and a QB rating of 110.7.

Brad Johnson's 2006 regular season stats:

270 completions on 439 attempts (61.5%), 2750 yards (6.3 y/a), 9 TDs, 15 INTs, and a QB rating of 72.0.

Brad simply does not have the arm to be a successful quarterback in this league anymore.
    Preseason is great, and you would rather do well than poorly.
    But so what if he can throw the underneath pass against the second team defense playing a soft zone?

Come the regular season teams are going to game plan.
    That means they will look at your strengths and weaknesses and adjust their strategy accordingly.

For Brad it would mean more defenders closer to the line, because they don't have to respect the deep ball.
    The holes that are there for him in the preseason would not be there for him in the regular season.

Brad was a good QB in his time.
    But his time has come and gone.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Well, I will admit that I haven't seen Tarvaris yet in 2008.

But we just admitted here that pre-season doesn't mean shit right ?
    :

Last year, I saw T-Jacks panic a lot and throw the ball into double coverage.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast