Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bowman Makes Big Splash

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=45990.msg797647#msg797647 date=1214865610]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=45990.msg797631#msg797631 date=1214863968]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=45990.msg797547#msg797547 date=1214849600]
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/29/bowman-makes-a-big-splash/

Spurned by the NFL, rookie receiver Adarius Bowman headed north of the border. And, in his first regular-season game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Bowman, um, blowed up.

Six catches, 112 yards, one touchdown.

Hey CD! How many teams do you think want to sign him after thig game?
    Too think if I was GM we would have made the mistake of draft this guy
    :!
    And the best CFL players can't make an NFL roster, so he fits in perfectly.

See Casey Printers.
    Warren Moon!
    Does anyone have crow cookbook?
    Thats 1 player theres been thousands that weren't good enough for the NFL so they play in the CFL. There are players who end up in Canada who are good enough for the NFL. But most of them (like bowman) have personal issues. (Onterrio, Ricky). Hell Spergion Wynn did good for the Argos last year, we should sign his jiggly butt too! What a joke. Your not an NFL caliber player until an NFL team says so, therefor Bowman is not NFL caliber.
    Lol, ok. I could name more that came and dominated the NFL. The point is you shouldn't jump in and say that great CLF can't make an NFL roster. It's just not true. I believe that if Bowman continues to do what he's doing in the CFL, that NFL teams will take a chance on him. Like I said, i liked the guy prior to draft day, prior to combine and post both. I think all 32 teams made a mistake passing on him. I understand why they passed on him( combine + weed arrest) but he still belongs on a roster ahead of several of the JJ- like WR that dominanted this draft. I also believe that he should be on an NFL roster over anyone that has ever tested positive for a banned substance. Weed doesn't give you an advantage over your competition. I rather a weed smoker on my team than a Roids user.
    A couple maybe, lord knows I can't. Did Flutie play in the CFL first?

Point is very few have the ability to play in the NFL. In fact a players college career is usually a better judge of their talent than the CFL. CFL is 3 down football, where everyone can sprint at the LOS before the snap, with 12 (inferior) men on a bigger field. The odds are stacked in his favor here.
    [/quote]

He was pretty dominant in college football as well. I've only seen him in 2 or 3 games. Liked him since he caught my eye with that 300 yard beat down of KU
    [/quote]

Fair enough. He has talent. I just can't listen to someone pretend like the CFL has relevance. If you get points for missing a FG, all other stats should, by principle, be rendered useless.
    [/quote]

Yes but a Rookie coming out and grabbing 6 balls for 100+ yards is an opener no matter the league. The guy can ball. Like I said, I'm lapse on the MJ issue. Although I myself have never tried weed, i think the punishment of Roids and it's usage are more important.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

What's with all the CFL hating?
    There are pros and cons to both leagues.
    Bowman is a terrible person inside and out, because he plays for the Roughriders...enough said.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

I think it's the weed helping him.

Honestly there is a lot of talent in the CFL past and present that could be on NFL teams its jsut about catching the right break at the right time.

Guys like Joe horn, Trent Green spent brief stints in the the CFL. Bertrand Berry played a bit of CFL before his breakout year. Its all about being in the right place at the right time. For some players it might take a few CFL seasons to get a the right chance to come along for NFL

I could list many more players that have made the jump succesfuly.

No bones about it NFL is a more talented leauge, but there the CFL is littered with players who could play NFL given the right situation.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I don't know who this player is, but hearing he had a good game in the CFL hardly makes m,e wish we had him.

And saying we should draft a player who ends up going to the CFL and having one good game doesn't make an appropriate use of the "na na na na na i said we should draft him" card.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Seems to me it wasn't the talent level but whether he would/could over come some of his off field issues that lead him to playing someplace other than the NFL.

Character issues were a problem for Bowman at North Carolina. During his sophomore year, Bowman was caught in a room where marijuana was present. Due to a one-strike policy at Chapel Hill, Bowman was suspended indefinitely before being dismissed. He stayed clean during his stay at OSU, but NFL scouts continued to question him about this incident during his offseason interviews. Their caution turned out to be for good reason as Bowman was arrested on marijuana possession charges in early April. With the pressure the NFL puts on its players to be good role models, this will most certainly result in Bowman falling on draft day.
    http://www.kffl.com/article.php/86692/512

Like it or not, the Commish and his new policy will directly affect players and thier careers in the NFL regardless of how talented they are.
    No dispute there! He's an idiot for throwing away the chance of playing in the NFL. However, this just allowed me to rub it a friend's face.
    Sorry for stealing your thunder my friend.
    Rub away.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:
    I don't know who this player is, but hearing he had a good game in the CFL hardly makes m,e wish we had him.

And saying we should draft a player who ends up going to the CFL and having one good game doesn't make an appropriate use of the "na na na na na i said we should draft him" card.
    Camper it's bigger than that. It's an ongoing argument I am having with a certain member of the board. He used the fact that Bowman did not get drafted to try to cement then my lack of
    football knowledge( as I vouched for him in several threads even though he ran a 4.71 forty). Now that
    in first game as a rookie he put up what would be regarded as an impressive performance in any league, I feel justified to rub it in that person's face. Funny he hasn't reared his head in this thread yet.
    :-[

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Bowman is a terrible person inside and out, because he plays for the Roughriders...enough said.
    Nothing, if your into 3 down football, where you get points for missing a FG. Not to mention it now should be called "The NFL, on Weed!"
    Oh yeah and I'm a Ti-Cats fan....[size=5pt]Stupid fucking argos getting every stupid fucking nfl talent...[/size]

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Well, I won't enter the CFL credibility debate, but the point is that Bowman has looked great in preseason and in his first game.
    Of course there's no guarantee that he'd be this good in the NFL...he's just played well and composed himself well so far...spoken like a true Riders' fan???

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Nothing, if your into 3 down football, where you get points for missing a FG. Not to mention it now should be called "The NFL, on Weed!"
    Oh yeah and I'm a Ti-Cats fan....[size=5pt]Stupid fricken argos getting every stupid fricken nfl talent...[/size]
    Haha, oh no, I feel for you man.
    From watching that first game against Montreal, it's gonna be a long year for Hamilton I think.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast