Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bowman Makes Big Splash

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    hes playing in Canada......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIE

obviously every single GM didnt want him., they know whatsup
    Rite! Every single GM didn't want Kurt Warner either.
    His off field issue aside, he belongs on an NFL football field.
    I find it funny that the NFL will discipline players that use banned substances but will blackball players that use the Sticky Ikky. One gives an unfair advantage and ruins the integrity of the sport and the other makes your eyes red and gives you man boobs? I'm sure that's fair.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:

I find it funny that the NFL will discipline players that use banned substances but will blackball players that use the Sticky Ikky. One gives an unfair advantage and ruins the integrity of the sport and the other makes your eyes red and gives you man boobs? I'm sure that's fair.
    I find it funny that you assume that's why he's not in the NFL, and that you think you know more than NFL teams about a player they professionally scouted, met with, and tested. I bet you did watch a lot of you-tube videos though.

Randy Moss admitted to smoking pot, why isn't he playing for the Hamilton Tiger Cats? Oh yeah, that's right, talent...

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/29/bowman-makes-a-big-splash/

Spurned by the NFL, rookie receiver Adarius Bowman headed north of the border. And, in his first regular-season game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Bowman, um, blowed up.

Six catches, 112 yards, one touchdown.

Hey CD! How many teams do you think want to sign him after thig game?
    Too think if I was GM we would have made the mistake of draft this guy
    :!
    And the best CFL players can't make an NFL roster, so he fits in perfectly.

See Casey Printers.
    Warren Moon!
    Does anyone have crow cookbook?
    Thats 1 player theres been thousands that weren't good enough for the NFL so they play in the CFL. There are players who end up in Canada who are good enough for the NFL. But most of them (like bowman) have personal issues. (Onterrio, Ricky). Hell Spergion Wynn did good for the Argos last year, we should sign his jiggly butt too! What a joke. Your not an NFL caliber player until an NFL team says so, therefor Bowman is not NFL caliber.
    Lol, ok. I could name more that came and dominated the NFL. The point is you shouldn't jump in and say that great CLF can't make an NFL roster. It's just not true. I believe that if Bowman continues to do what he's doing in the CFL, that NFL teams will take a chance on him. Like I said, i liked the guy prior to draft day, prior to combine and post both. I think all 32 teams made a mistake passing on him. I understand why they passed on him( combine + weed arrest) but he still belongs on a roster ahead of several of the JJ- like WR that dominanted this draft. I also believe that he should be on an NFL roster over anyone that has ever tested positive for a banned substance. Weed doesn't give you an advantage over your competition. I rather a weed smoker on my team than a Roids user.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:

I find it funny that you assume that's why he's not in the NFL, and that you think you know more than NFL teams about a player they professionally scouted, met with, and tested. I bet you did watch a lot of you-tube videos though.

Randy Moss admitted to smoking pot, why isn't he playing for the Hamilton Tiger Cats? Oh yeah, that's right, talent...
    I never said I know more than NFL scouts, just you and a couple of people on this board
    :-*. In fact in this very thread i said i didn't know anything about his off field behavior. Randy admitted to smoking pot, As did alot of players last year. However, an arrest for smoking pot is different than an admission.
    Also do you really want to compare a guy who may end up being the 2ndd greatest WR of all time( stat wise) to an undrafted WR?

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Spurned by the NFL, rookie receiver Adarius Bowman headed north of the border. And, in his first regular-season game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Bowman, um, blowed up.

See Casey Printers.
    Warren Moon!
    Thats 1 player theres been thousands that weren't good enough for the NFL so they play in the CFL. There are players who end up in Canada who are good enough for the NFL. But most of them (like bowman) have personal issues. (Onterrio, Ricky). Hell Spergion Wynn did good for the Argos last year, we should sign his jiggly butt too! What a joke. Your not an NFL caliber player until an NFL team says so, therefor Bowman is not NFL caliber.
    Lol, ok. I could name more that came and dominated the NFL. The point is you shouldn't jump in and say that great CLF can't make an NFL roster. It's just not true. I believe that if Bowman continues to do what he's doing in the CFL, that NFL teams will take a chance on him. Like I said, i liked the guy prior to draft day, prior to combine and post both. I think all 32 teams made a mistake passing on him. I understand why they passed on him( combine + weed arrest) but he still belongs on a roster ahead of several of the JJ- like WR that dominanted this draft. I also believe that he should be on an NFL roster over anyone that has ever tested positive for a banned substance. Weed doesn't give you an advantage over your competition. I rather a weed smoker on my team than a Roids user.
    A couple maybe, lord knows I can't. Did Flutie play in the CFL first?

Point is very few have the ability to play in the NFL. In fact a players college career is usually a better judge of their talent than the CFL. CFL is 3 down football, where everyone can sprint at the LOS before the snap, with 12 (inferior) men on a bigger field. The odds are stacked in his favor here.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:

I never said I know more than NFL scouts, just you and a couple of people on this board
    :-*. In fact in this very thread i said i didn't know anything about his off field behavior. Randy admitted to smoking pot, As did alot of players last year. However, an arrest for smoking pot is different than an admission.
    Also do you really want to compare a guy who may end up being the 2ndd greatest WR of all time( stat wise) to an undrafted WR?
    Ok if you know more than me, but my penis is way bigger, and my dad can beat up your dad. :

As for the comparison, I see reefer toting WR's as more of a kin than, a WR and QB from different decades.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=45990.msg797547#msg797547 date=1214849600]

See Casey Printers.
    Warren Moon!

Point is very few have the ability to play in the NFL. In fact a players college career is usually a better judge of their talent than the CFL. CFL is 3 down football, where everyone can sprint at the LOS before the snap, with 12 (inferior) men on a bigger field. The odds are stacked in his favor here.
    [/quote]

He was pretty dominant in college football as well. I've only seen him in 2 or 3 games. Liked him since he caught my eye with that 300 yard beat down of KU

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=45990.msg797631#msg797631 date=1214863968]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=45990.msg797547#msg797547 date=1214849600]

See Casey Printers.
    Warren Moon!

[/quote]

He was pretty dominant in college football as well. I've only seen him in 2 or 3 games. Liked him since he caught my eye with that 300 yard beat down of KU
    [/quote]

Fair enough. He has talent. I just can't listen to someone pretend like the CFL has relevance. If you get points for missing a FG, all other stats should, by principle, be rendered useless.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:

Ok if you know more than me, but my ***** is way bigger, and my dad can beat up your dad. :

As for the comparison, I see reefer toting WR's as more of a kin than, a WR and QB from different decades.
    lol. Jesse, you know I actually like you! You opinions suck but I like you
    ;D

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45990.msg797624#msg797624 date=1214862374]

Ok if you know more than me, my ***** is way bigger, and my dad can beat up your dad. :

lol. Jesse, you know I actually like you! You opinions suck but I like you
    ;D
    [/quote]

At least I made a friend... Who is WRONG, all the time! ;D

Edit:
    We really kicked page 2 of this thread's ass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast