Prophet Guest

Boomer advises Palmer

KFFL
    Bengals | Esiason expresses caution to Palmer
    Mon, 22 May 2006 19:49:19 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports former NFL QB Boomer Esiason urged caution to Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer (knee) to make sure he is ready to return from his injury and used New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) as an example. "Chad came back too early. He blows his shoulder out again and now is teetering on the brink of a disastrous career and is trying to resurrect it. I hope and I believe that (Palmer) is going to get good, sound advice. I'm not advising him anything. I'm just telling him to make sure he's ready," said Esiason.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Boomer advises Palmer

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Bengals | Esiason expresses caution to Palmer
    Mon, 22 May 2006 19:49:19 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports former NFL QB Boomer Esiason urged caution to Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer (knee) to make sure he is ready to return from his injury and used New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) as an example. "Chad came back too early. He blows his shoulder out again and now is teetering on the brink of a disastrous career and is trying to resurrect it. I hope and I believe that (Palmer) is going to get good, sound advice. I'm not advising him anything. I'm just telling him to make sure he's ready," said Esiason.
    Esiason's an idiot. What I've highlighted proves as such, as that's a blatant contradiction. He's basically saying "I'm not advising him.. But you can construe my comments as advice". My advice to you Boomer, not that I'm advising you or anything, is to shut up and go back to doing the honorable things you do, like giving time towards fundraising for charities that help with Cystic Fibrosis research.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

In the world of professional football advising and telling are two different things. Advising is a paid position help by an employee of a person or team, whereas telling is something that a unpaid friend does. It is just occupational language that can be misunderstood from the outside.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Non-issue!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE