Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Boldin says he won’t re-sign with Cards

[size=12pt]Boldin says he won’t re-sign with Cards[/size]

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, unhappy that his contract has not been renegotiated, said Wednesday he will play out his contract and then leave for another team

Boldin, whose current deal expires after the 2010 season, said he feels he’s been lied to by the Cardinals.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Boldin says he won’t re-sign with Cards

That is a long time away. 2010?!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

No kidding, a lot can happen in 2 seasons.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Boldin= future dallas cowboy, once TO retires

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

He has a crappy agent, he's a tard, or both.
    You can't read your own contract before signing it, then you blame the organization because you signed a crappy contract?

Sign him.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I will believe it when I see it.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Lions ,anyone?
    ;D
    El underdog.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Why wouldn't he? Everything about the Cardinals organization says "Winning Franchise"... I mean, there's a legacy of greatness that bestows the team every time it's name is uttered. I almost feel guilty typing the name Cardinals.... almost as if I'm not worthy.

They do have a cool stadium there...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    You can't read your own contract before signing it, then you blame the organization because you signed a crappy contract?

Sign him.
    Prophet,
    I have to disagree with you. So much pressure is on a young player to sign a contract to get into camp and contribute to the team. A player that holds out for the right deal, is seen as greedy, me first and tard. However, when a player caves for the best interest of the team and signs a deal that does not provide him with his true worth....they end up in situations like this; Dominanting the league, and being underpaid to do it. Hopefully, you are/were paid well in your job and never ever had to request more money. Remember, they can't just get up and look for a new team( new job) if they are unhappy about wages.

I would take Boldin on my team any day. The guy is just asking for what he deserves.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Sign him.
    Prophet,
    I have to disagree with you. So much pressure is on a young player to sign a contract to get into camp and contribute to the team. A player that holds out for the right deal, is seen as greedy, me first and tard. However, when a player caves for the best interest of the team and signs a deal that does not provide him with his true worth....they end up in situations like this; Dominanting the league, and being underpaid to do it. Hopefully, you are/were paid well in your job and never ever had to request more money. Remember, they can't just get up and look for a new team( new job) if they are unhappy about wages.

I would take Boldin on my team any day. The guy is just asking for what he deserves.
    I see where you're coming from, but, I still think he's being a tard.

“But for me, I’m just tired of it. I’ve washed my hands of the whole situation.”

Boldin indicated he would play out his contract, which has three years left at $8.25 million, and then leave.

He said he hasn’t asked for a trade, but asked Thursday if he’d prefer one, Boldin said, “Honestly, I don’t know right now. I can’t answer that.”
    Doesn't want one, but will play out his contract for a pittance.....an injury away from oblivion.

“We are sensitive to the fact he wants a new contract. We’ve tried to address it. The first chance we get, we’re going to continue to try to do that.

“Hopefully, we’ll go forward and everything will go smoothly.”

At the same time, he cautioned that the Cardinals will try to spend their money in a way that can build a champion.
    He should pursue the extension if he stays or he may be forced to hold out.
    If his agent was worth a damn he could have had that bumped up in incentives in his initial contract.

I still think he's foolish for saying he's not seeking an extension with the team given his situation.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast