Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Bob Karmelowicz dies

    Bob Karmelowicz dies after 3-plus decades as coach

    Karmelowicz spent the past 18 seasons as a defensive line coach in the NFL with Detroit, the Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins and Cincinnati Bengals.

    Peter King MMQB

    "We lost one of the great pass-rush-technique coaches,' said Warren Sapp, who morphed from a tight end to defensive tackle under Karmelowicz at the University of Miami. With the Chiefs, he helped turn Jared Allen from a raw fourth-rounder into a premier pass-rusher. Tough day for all the defensive linemen in the league who were helped by him, and for all the men who coached with him.

    I texted Allen Sunday night, asking him for his thoughts on Karmelowicz, and in three minutes this came back: "I just want people to know he was way more than a football coach. His life was more than the game. To be honest, what I will miss the most about Karm is his friendship. He was a great coach and is one of the major reasons for my success today. But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'
    Isn't that what you'd want your underlings, or your students, or your peers, to say about you when you're gone? Great tribute by Allen.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Bob Karmelowicz dies

    R.I.P Coach.....

    On a side note, how come all the good ones have this type of comments attached to them?

    But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'
    My guess, those types of individuals make the best coaches.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:Bob Karmelowicz dies

    Marrdro wrote:
    R.I.P Coach.....

    On a side note, how come all the good ones have this type of comments attached to them?

    But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'
    My guess, those types of individuals make the best coaches.

    Good guess...I agree. These guys have a way of touching many lives in positive ways.

    Another good article on him.

    Diner morning news: My memories of Karm
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Bob Karmelowicz dies

    VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    R.I.P Coach.....

    On a side note, how come all the good ones have this type of comments attached to them?

    But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'
    My guess, those types of individuals make the best coaches.

    Good guess...I agree. These guys have a way of touching many lives in positive ways.

    Another good article on him.

    Diner morning news: My memories of Karm
    Another great read my friend....Thanks...

    Didn't really know the guy until this morning other than to hear a few guys talk about him on NFLN, but this kindof stuff brings joy to my heart......

    Karm made friends everywhere he coached because thatís what made him tick. He liked being a friend to people, and he loved football. His unique personality was always entertaining, and he had a very big heart ó which to me was his most endearing quality. Karm understood what friendship meant, and when he called you a friend, he was a great friend.
    Wouldn't the world be a much better place if everyone tried to be everyones friend?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:Bob Karmelowicz dies

    Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    R.I.P Coach.....

    On a side note, how come all the good ones have this type of comments attached to them?

    But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'
    My guess, those types of individuals make the best coaches.

    Good guess...I agree. These guys have a way of touching many lives in positive ways.

    Another good article on him.

    Diner morning news: My memories of Karm
    Another great read my friend....Thanks...

    Didn't really know the guy until this morning other than to hear a few guys talk about him on NFLN, but this kindof stuff brings joy to my heart......

    Karm made friends everywhere he coached because thatís what made him tick. He liked being a friend to people, and he loved football. His unique personality was always entertaining, and he had a very big heart ó which to me was his most endearing quality. Karm understood what friendship meant, and when he called you a friend, he was a great friend.
    Wouldn't the world be a much better place if everyone tried to be everyones friend?

    Yes it would...just like the PPo forum.

    The first time I had heard of him was a few months ago when Jared Allen was hanging with him when we played the Lions.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM
  2. Man Bowls a 300 then dies
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 04:03 PM
  3. Ike Turner Dies at 76
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
  4. Red Auerbach Dies At 89
    By PurplePride80 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
  5. Former Steeler LB Dies
    By vikez06 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •