VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Bob Karmelowicz dies

Bob Karmelowicz dies after 3-plus decades as coach

Karmelowicz spent the past 18 seasons as a defensive line coach in the NFL with Detroit, the Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins and Cincinnati Bengals.

Peter King MMQB

"We lost one of the great pass-rush-technique coaches,' said Warren Sapp, who morphed from a tight end to defensive tackle under Karmelowicz at the University of Miami. With the Chiefs, he helped turn Jared Allen from a raw fourth-rounder into a premier pass-rusher. Tough day for all the defensive linemen in the league who were helped by him, and for all the men who coached with him.

I texted Allen Sunday night, asking him for his thoughts on Karmelowicz, and in three minutes this came back: "I just want people to know he was way more than a football coach. His life was more than the game. To be honest, what I will miss the most about Karm is his friendship. He was a great coach and is one of the major reasons for my success today. But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'
    Isn't that what you'd want your underlings, or your students, or your peers, to say about you when you're gone? Great tribute by Allen.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Bob Karmelowicz dies

R.I.P Coach.....

On a side note, how come all the good ones have this type of comments attached to them?

But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'
    My guess, those types of individuals make the best coaches.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    R.I.P Coach.....

On a side note, how come all the good ones have this type of comments attached to them?

But above all else, he was a great friend, husband, father and grandfather. I will miss the man way more than the coach. I will always love him.'

Good guess...I agree. These guys have a way of touching many lives in positive ways.

Another good article on him.

Diner morning news: My memories of Karm
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    R.I.P Coach.....

Good guess...I agree. These guys have a way of touching many lives in positive ways.

Another great read my friend....Thanks...

Didn't really know the guy until this morning other than to hear a few guys talk about him on NFLN, but this kindof stuff brings joy to my heart......

Karm made friends everywhere he coached because thatís what made him tick. He liked being a friend to people, and he loved football. His unique personality was always entertaining, and he had a very big heart ó which to me was his most endearing quality. Karm understood what friendship meant, and when he called you a friend, he was a great friend.
    Wouldn't the world be a much better place if everyone tried to be everyones friend?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    R.I.P Coach.....

Another great read my friend....Thanks...

Didn't really know the guy until this morning other than to hear a few guys talk about him on NFLN, but this kindof stuff brings joy to my heart......

Karm made friends everywhere he coached because thatís what made him tick. He liked being a friend to people, and he loved football. His unique personality was always entertaining, and he had a very big heart ó which to me was his most endearing quality. Karm understood what friendship meant, and when he called you a friend, he was a great friend.
    Wouldn't the world be a much better place if everyone tried to be everyones friend?

Yes it would...just like the PPo forum.

The first time I had heard of him was a few months ago when Jared Allen was hanging with him when we played the Lions.