Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Bledsoe vs. Romo

I'm in Dallas and everyone here is thrilled about Tony Romo. I'm not so sold on him. IMHO it was a bad move pulling Bledsoe, and even worse timing. They were down by 5 in a huge game (virtually must-win) and they lost by 14.
    Bledsoe takes all the heat but it is obvious that the the offensive line is the problem.

Thoughts?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Re: Bledsoe vs. Romo

I agree with the timing being bad.
    If they were going to eventually go with Romo, they should have given him the week to prepare and let him start the game.
    Throwing him in there at halftime is unfair.

However I think the offensive line is being judged too harshly.
    Yes, it is performing poorly, but you have to remember Bledsoe is a statue back there and that opposing defenses are blitzing all the time.

Cowboys really need a QB that can scramble out of the pocket and make some plays.
    Until they do that they will continue to get blitzed and the QB problems will continue.
    I'm not sure if Romo fits that bill.

In other news, I hate the Cowboys and hope they don't win another game all season!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Well, the offensive line is Dallas' main problem which is why Tony Romo should be starting.
    Romo brings a lot more mobility and can escape the rush and extend the play whereas Bledsoe is about as mobile "as the actual statue of liberty".
    Bledsoe is a decent enough quarterback but he doesn't take chances and none of that "gunslinger" aspect that can be so important as a quarterback.
    Add that to some bad decision making and "too much improvision" and you get the need to start Romo.

I like teh way he plays.
    He was a little rusty last game after not playing for 6 weeks but he made some really good plays and put together some really nice drives.
    I think the Cowboys have a chance with him at QB.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i live in houston where the dallas faithful are abundant. it sure seems like everyone one of em is going absolutely nuts about the benching of bledsoe and the starting of Romo. the absolute worst move dallas could make (besides giving T.O. a good kick in the nads) was executed
    by parcells and co. by benching bledsoe.

smooth tuna, smooth.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Everyone knows Bledsoe needs time to be successful.

The Cowboys offensive line is average at best, and that's why I think Parcells made the right decision to start Romo against the Carolina Panthers.

Although he dosen't have much experience, he has the athletic ability to avoid pressure and buy time for T.O. and company.

If Tony Romo can be poised, I think he can play really well for the Cowboys, because of the weapons he has around him.

(Glenn, T.O., Witten)
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I have to admit, I really don't know much about Romo.

But I think Bledsoe is a tool, so Romo gets my vote.
    :P
    -Sno

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I think if the Cowboys are going to go with Romo from now on you can forget about them making the play-offs. I would have stuck with Bledsoe while Dallas were still in contention, I just think it puts too much pressure on Romo's shoulders sticking him in right now. The guy was making a lot of rookie type mistakes when he came in and IMHO he isn't going to win any more games than Bledsoe would.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I dont think that Romo deserves the start after he threw them picks on MNF.. Also Bledsoe still had the game in reach when they made the switch.. So i think it was bad timing.. Cowboys sucking it up is not Bledsoes fault only,, The Offensive Linie has sucked and TO has dropped way to many passes..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I don't think anyone is completely blamming Bledsoe but with their offensive line they have no chance with him back there holding onto the ball.
    He has to be able to either move around and buy time or make quick decisions.
    He can't do either so Romo is the only options.

He did throw 3 picks on Monday night but he also threw 2 TDs and could have had another if TO hadn't dropped that pass. I should remind you that you could multiple the ammount of TD passes Bledsoe threw that night by a million or more and still Romo would have more.

I don't have anything against Bledsoe and with a top offensive line he could still be a very good quarterback but Dallas doesn't have that so Romo is their only choice.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    I don't think anyone is completely blamming Bledsoe but with their offensive line they have no chance with him back there holding onto the ball.
    He has to be able to either move around and buy time or make quick decisions.
    He can't do either so Romo is the only options.

He did throw 3 picks on Monday night but he also threw 2 TDs and could have had another if TO hadn't dropped that pass. I should remind you that you could multiple the ammount of TD passes Bledsoe threw that night by a million or more and still Romo would have more.

I don't have anything against Bledsoe and with a top offensive line he could still be a very good quarterback but Dallas doesn't have that so Romo is their only choice.
    I agree that this is a reasonable move considering their success.

It's interesting that Grossman throws four picks and fumbles twice in a game and is still a hero while Bledsoe hits the pine once again.
    Fun stuff.

==========================

Romo's big moment will get spotlight in Week 8
    By Gil Brandt
    NFL.com Senior Analyst
    Oct. 27, 2006

NFL: T.O. happy about switch to Romo
    By Herald wire services
    Friday, October 27, 2006

NFL Notebook: Cowboys' Bledsoe benching gets mixed reviews
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Friday, October 27, 2006

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast