singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Blanket coverage for Favre for season opener against Vikings

[size=13pt]Blanket coverage for Favre[/size]

Posted: June 12, 2008

By Bob Wolfley
    jsonline.com

ESPN plans to turn on all the faucets on “Monday Night Football” Sept. 8 at Lambeau Field when the Green Bay Packers take on the Minnesota Vikings in the season-opening game for the network....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Blanket coverage for Favre for season opener against Vikings

Man, I sure hope we don't melt under the big lights again.
    This could be a great way to show the NFL and people across the country we're for real by dismantling the Pack, but if we lay another prime time egg it will be tough to live down.

Not to mention I would take some perverse pleasure in seeing the game out of reach for the Pack by halftime with people booing Aa-rod (just thought I'd try that out) and begging Fav-ra to come back.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    This could be a great way to show the NFL and people across the country we're for real by dismantling the Pack, but if we lay another prime time egg it will be tough to live down.

Not to mention I would take some perverse pleasure in seeing the game out of reach for the Pack by halftime with people booing Aa-rod (just thought I'd try that out) and begging Fav-ra to come back.
    Me too.
    I'm pleased to hear this though. I think this will definately increase the pressure Rogers will be feeling.
    TJ has some experience, and should deal with the pressure much better.
    It is only going to take one big play to fire up this Vikings team. The players know there is the potential to be a contender this year.And the championship goes through Green Bay. So they will be fired up.
    How much fun will it be to rain on Farve's parade in the national spotlight.

My only concern is if the refs allow Allen to be hooked and held every play, and the corners to interfere and mug the receivers.

I already know they can't cover Rice. And I'm confident we will be witnessing the changing of the guard in the NFC North.

I can't wait!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

the best part of this night will be when they announce the final score and having the Vikings on top. and hopefully it is the last night we have to hear about favre until his HOF year in 2013
    We're bringing purple back.

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "lakehubertviking" wrote:

Me too.
    I'm pleased to hear this though. I think this will definately increase the pressure Rogers will be feeling.
    TJ has some experience, and should deal with the pressure much better.
    It is only going to take one big play to fire up this Vikings team. The players know there is the potential to be a contender this year.And the championship goes through Green Bay. So they will be fired up.
    How much fun will it be to rain on Farve's parade in the national spotlight.

My only concern is if the refs allow Allen to be hooked and held every play, and the corners to interfere and mug the receivers.

I already know they can't cover Rice. And I'm confident we will be witnessing the changing of the guard in the NFC North.

I can't wait!
    And that play will be Rodgers getting sacked by Jared Allen on their fist offensive series. Hopefully causing a fumble.

It will just team roll from there.

"gregair13" wrote:
    the best part of this night will be when they announce the final score and having the Vikings on top. and hopefully it is the last night we have to hear about favre until his HOF year in 2013
    Sweet! We get to see Favre hang his head in sorrow one last time.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

This will be one of the few games i will be staying up all night long.
    I'm looking forward to see all them people say how great we were, how we are winning the division and how hard it's gonne be to beat us
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!