Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Blaming Rick Spielman For Dolphins' 0-10 Start

[size=12pt]Blaming Rick Spielman For Dolphins' 0-10 Start[/size]
    Posted Nov 23rd 2007 11:38PM
    by Sportz Assassin

...Spielman was the Dolphins' GM from 2000-2004. He, along with ex-coaches Jimmie Johnson and Dave Wannstedt, really left the cupboard bare in Miami with poor usage of their draft picks. Of the 58 players drafted (or acquired by trading draft picks) from 1998-2003, not one is on the current roster. None...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Blaming Rick Spielman For Dolphins' 0-10 Start

i say its their own damn fault.
    They passed on Brees last year to pick up Culpepper, and have been struggling at QB ever since.
    They have some talent in that team, but its being mismanaged.
    Remember it was what, two seasons ago where they ended the season extremely strong, only to disappoint in 2006.
    The team can't blame a so far WINLESS season on ex-coaches & GM's.

Look at San Diego, they have been plain dominant in the regular season the past few years, then they get a worse coach and are struggling.
    A good team still won't win if its coached poorly, and a bad team can still get a few wins if its coached well.
    The blame for their record is solely on the current organization, not the past one.

Plus you have to give them SOME slack, they've had FIVE games this season that they lost by 3 points. (altho they did lose to oakland 35-17).

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I am always quick to ping on the front office, however, in this case I have to say that our 2007 draft was run so much better than the 2006 draft.

We got good players at or below were they were ranked and we also moved down and garnered more picks for next year in doing so. Some of that credit goes to Scott and the scouts, but knowing what the other teams are going to do around you as well plays a huge part in getting the guys you target.

Need I remind you about the whole Clemens snaffu?
    ;D

I would have to say he is somewhat to blame for the Miami debacle but would have to give him props for how well we did in the 2007 draft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

He's done wonderful in Minnesota. Who cares what he did in Miami.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MNgriff is offline Rookie

If I remember correctly the vikes have employed a triumvirate to make the draft decisions.
    Doubt we would have taken any other player if AD still fell to us.
    I think a lot of people will call him brilliant just because he drafted AD but even a blind squirrel would have found that nut. Really the best pick of the draft to me is Robison. It's too early to tell but if in a few years second day guys perform like first day guys then I'll pat rick on the back but it's way too soon to get giddy. The fins put themselves in the hole they're in because they made the choice that talent outweighs a guy being a pot head hippie. Really they should have known better.
    Skol

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"MNgriff" wrote:
    If I remember correctly the vikes have employed a triumvirate to make the draft decisions. Doubt we would have taken any other player if AD still fell to us.
    I think a lot of people will call him brilliant just because he drafted AD but even a blind squirrel would have found that nut.
    Really the best pick of the draft to me is Robison. It's too early to tell but if in a few years second day guys perform like first day guys then I'll pat rick on the back but it's way too soon to get giddy. The fins put themselves in the hole they're in because they made the choice that talent outweighs a guy being a pot head hippie. Really they should have known better.
    6 blind squirrels lost that nut.

Could you imagine Cleveland with AD this year?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

davike is offline Team Alumni

I don't care what anyone says about Speilman, I just love the guy! If it weren't for that bastard Childress, Spielman would have brought in Garcia, he would have traded for both Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. He would have fixed our pass D, he would have fixed all our pass blocking problems, and he would have got a new stadium deal done, he would have fixed all our problems! Plus he would have handed our free tickets to all PP.Oers! But.....thanks to Childress, we are 4-6.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    They passed on Brees last year to pick up Culpepper
    LOL.

Brees *chose* NO over Miami and Nick Saban.
    The Dolphins did not "pass" on him.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    They passed on Brees last year to pick up Culpepper
    LOL.

Brees *chose* NO over Miami and Nick Saban.
    The Dolphins did not "pass" on him.

=Z=
    you're right. my foots in my mouth after that one.
    i had to relook up some articles from last season to make sure.
    I forgot that Brees actually recieved offers from both NO & Miami and went with the $$

I just remembered discussions about Pep's knee vs Brees' shoulder.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese