Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Bills' Spikes on trade block

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/02/bc.fbn.bills.spikes.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl

[size=12pt]Bills' Spikes on trade block[/size]
    If no deal is reached, Buffalo may cut Pro Bowl LB
    Posted: Friday March 2, 2007 11:49AM; Updated: Friday March 2, 2007 11:49AM

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- The Buffalo Bills are seeking offers in a bid to trade Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes.

If a trade can't be completed, the Bills would consider releasing Spikes, a person familiar with the discussions told The Associated Press on Friday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the talks and because the Bills have not announced their intentions for Spikes.

The Buffalo News -- citing a league source in its Friday edition -- and the NFL Network have also reported that Spikes is on the trade block.

A nine-year NFL veteran, Spikes was slow recovering last year from a right Achilles' tendon torn in Week 3 of the 2005 season. He's also expensive, scheduled to make $9.5 million ($4.5 million this season) over the final two years of the six-year contract he signed after joining the team as a free agent.
    That's a name which perks my interest - if he's released.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bills' Spikes on trade block

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the squad either.
    Screw Donnie Edwards and every person that likes him.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I would if his comback from that achillies was just a problem last year. Spikes is a stud but an Achilles tear is almost worse than a knee ligament

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing him on the squad either.
    Screw Donnie Edwards and every person that likes him.
    And SCREW those who say screw Donnie Edwards!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I would give my right arm and my left pinky for a healthy Spikes.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I would give my right arm and my left pinky for a healthy Spikes.
    Just give your arm.
    Ned can donate his pinky, it already fell off.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/02/bc.fbn.bills.spikes.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- The Buffalo Bills are seeking offers in a bid to trade Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes.

If a trade can't be completed, the Bills would consider releasing Spikes, a person familiar with the discussions told The Associated Press on Friday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the talks and because the Bills have not announced their intentions for Spikes.

The Buffalo News -- citing a league source in its Friday edition -- and the NFL Network have also reported that Spikes is on the trade block.

A nine-year NFL veteran, Spikes was slow recovering last year from a right Achilles' tendon torn in Week 3 of the 2005 season. He's also expensive, scheduled to make $9.5 million ($4.5 million this season) over the final two years of the six-year contract he signed after joining the team as a free agent.

=Z=
    Lot of money for a guy who hasn't really produced since 2004. He had 96 tackles that year and 5 interceptions and three sacks. only played 3 games in 2005 and in 12 games last year he had 70 tackles and 1 sack with no interceptions. Numbers when he's playing aren't that bad, but to spend 4.5M on a guy who hasn't been healthy (maybe wearing down) with not spectacular numbers is questionable. Like to see us spend that money on a quality receiver, db, or de.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Lot of money for a guy who hasn't really produced since 2004. He had 96 tackles that year and 5 interceptions and three sacks. only played 3 games in 2005 and in 12 games last year he had 70 tackles and 1 sack with no interceptions. Numbers when he's playing aren't that bad, but to spend 4.5M on a guy who hasn't been healthy (maybe wearing down) with not spectacular numbers is questionable. Like to see us spend that money on a quality receiver, db, or de.
    That's why I said "If he's released".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    We already knew that SPIKES would perk YOUR interest, Zeus!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE