Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Bills could pass up No. 8 pick, deal down

[size=18px]Bills could pass up No. 8 pick, deal down[/size]

(April 13, 2006) — The draft stock of Oregon nose tackle Haloti Ngata appears to have slipped a bit and ESPN NFL draft guru Mel Kiper's latest mock draft instead has the Buffalo Bills selecting Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley No. 8 overall in the college draft April 29, just after Oakland picks Texas quarterback Vince Young No. 7.

Presumably, if the Bills had signed veteran free-agent DT Ryan Pickett (who instead signed with Green Bay), they could have used the No. 8 pick on another position. Ngata reputedly is the best run stuffer in the draft but Bunkley is more agile and versatile.

One potential trading partner for the Bills could be Minnesota. The Vikings reportedly want quarterback Jay Cutler but they have the No. 17 overall pick and he'd probably be gone by then.

If Buffalo isn't completely sold on Bunkley or Ngata, and if Minnesota really wants Cutler, a possible reasonable swap would be the No. 8 pick for the 17th, 48th and 51st picks.

The Bills would wind up with 4 of the first 51 picks (17th, 42nd, 48th and 51st), not a bad situation for a rebuilding team — at least until the time comes to sign them all

Bills could pass up No. 8 pick, deal down

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Bills could pass up No. 8 pick, deal down

Oh that would be so great if we could trade up because Cutler is are only reasonable selection considering we can't get Matt Leinart and Vince Young is a East Coast offense kind of guy. It would sound reasonable in my opinion if we traded them a second round draft pick for their #8 in the draft. What do you think of this speculation

Formerly Viking24

twiztedfait is offline Starter

the 17 ,48, and 51?? No thanks. If it was a 1st 2nd and 3rd I would not have as much of a problem with it, but I still would not do it though.

I still think we should stay put and get what we can with our picks. We have more pressing needs, and we can always grab a QB in the 2nd round. They may not have the rave that the top 3 have, but they can get the job done with the right coach and mentor. I think we have both of those to offer.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Is a QB something we will draft or will we trade for a decent back-up down the road?

"twiztedfait" wrote:
    the 17 ,48, and 51?? No thanks. If it was a 1st 2nd and 3rd I would not have as much of a problem with it, but I still would not do it though.

I still think we should stay put and get what we can with our picks. We have more pressing needs, and we can always grab a QB in the 2nd round. They may not have the rave that the top 3 have, but they can get the job done with the right coach and mentor. I think we have both of those to offer.
    I agree. I'm not overly impressed with Cutler and would hate for us to give up that many picks just to get him. I think the second tier of QBs could be just as good as Cutler. All of these QB's are going to be rookies. None of them are coming in with any NFL experience and the NFL is a completely different game than the college game. Each will react in a different way and Whitehurst, Jacobs, Croyle and even the Clemons guy Kiper has us drafting could react in a positive way to the new system they are put into.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I think our chance to get a good new QB this year is over. I'm not really that sure about Cutler, and I don't think any of the 2nd-round QB's would be that great either. I think we should see what we can get in free agency or in a trade next year. We can worry about the future once we have the present (linebackers - cough, hack) taken care of.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

reading that just make me physically ill. :cry:

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Tharock is offline Training Camp

im sure were not getting any qb im hearing justce or mike huff and maybe even hawk.

The next great Safety s! check out there videos!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NcjOf1tjNow&search=stuart%20schweigert
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LxRfcllAV9I&search=michael%20huff

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The Bills would be stupid not to pick Ngata...dude is a beast...the replacement for what they have missed since they foolishly let Pat Williams go (thankfully to us)...their defense hasn't been the same since!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Json is offline GM

I would rather trade our 1st round pick for Schaub. We get to keep our 2nd and 3rd round picks and still get a QB that can battle for the starting posistion.

IMO

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast