Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Bill Walsh passes on

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    P.S. Does anyone one know who won the game in 1994 week 13 or 14 against the bears.
    If you had watched it Sunday night on the NFL Network you would have not had the ending spoiled. The Vikes won in overtime with nearly an 80 yard pass to Cris Carter
    Darn it, that is the perfect way for the vikes to win, I am even wearing my Carter jersey today. Screw you Bill Walsh.
    Sometimes you are funny.
    This time you aren't.
    Evidently you aren't a student of the game our you a) would have a bit more respect for the legacy he left, as well as b) Knew if your team won or not.

A sad day indeed.
    :
    I think I have found someone to use the ignore button on.
    Thanks for saying something Marrdro. His post made absolutly no sense.
    Walsh had a HUGE impact on the way the game is played today. Even with our own Vikings.
    There are a few Major sports figures i could care less if the dissapeared off the face of this earth(Barry Bonds, OJ Simpson) But Walsh is not one of them.
    I wish his family the best at thsi time of sorrow.

On another note what seems so weird is that he got Lukemia so late in life, I never heard the cause, or is it just one of those things? Its just seems that as far as we have come in medical advances(Hell I can even have a surgury that will help me loose weight) but we can't find a cure for something like this, and many other things.
    So true.

I kindof consider myself a student of the game.
    Because my Highschool Football coach idolized Walsh and what he was doing I kindof picked up on it and have been a fan of his for quite some time now.

I have several books and articles that I have saved/read over the years on not only how to execute it during the game but how Coach Walsh picked his players (mostly through the draft), prepped them to play the position.

His concepts were pretty revolutionary in his day.
    He took what the "Don" was doing in San Diego and made it better.

If anybody took the time to watch (and enjoy) the NFL Network coverage today, some of that came to light today through interviews with players and coaches.

Anyway great stuff if you are a mind to read up on it abit.
    I posted a very good link on it in one of the threads today for COJO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

True, I only got to wtch a little bit of it, unfortuantly but when you look at the players that played for him, it is almost a "who's-who" Of NFL ledgens both Players and Coaches

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Garland" wrote:

On another note what seems so weird is that he got Lukemia so late in life, I never heard the cause, or is it just one of those things? Its just seems that as far as we have come in medical advances(Hell I can even have a surgury that will help me loose weight) but we can't find a cure for something like this, and many other things.
    What's even weirder is that Tom Snyder also died today after a long bout with Lukemia.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I knew Walsh was sick for quite sometime but it is still a sad surprise to see him go, classy guy with a great mind.
    He will be missed, RIP Bill Walsh

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]PASSING OF A LEGEND[/size]

JULY 30, 2007
    vikings.com

Zygi Wilf statement regarding the passing of Bill Walsh...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    P.S. Does anyone one know who won the game in 1994 week 13 or 14 against the bears.
    If you had watched it Sunday night on the NFL Network you would have not had the ending spoiled. The Vikes won in overtime with nearly an 80 yard pass to Cris Carter
    Darn it, that is the perfect way for the vikes to win, I am even wearing my Carter jersey today. Screw you Bill Walsh.
    Sometimes you are funny.
    This time you aren't.
    Evidently you aren't a student of the game our you a) would have a bit more respect for the legacy he left, as well as b) Knew if your team won or not.

A sad day indeed.
    :
    Sorry I didn't grow up watching football (parents didn't care about football). I think I started watching in 97 or 98, I'm 26 now. I was just a little upset about missing the end of the game I was watching, but my statement should have been, screw you nfl network.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Sometimes you are funny.
    This time you aren't.

A sad day indeed.
    :
    Sorry I didn't grow up watching football (parents didn't care about football). I think I started watching in 97 or 98, I'm 26 now. I was just a little upset about missing the end of the game I was watching, but my statement should have been, screw you nfl network.
    Here's the end if you still want to see it...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Sometimes you are funny.
    This time you aren't.

A sad day indeed.
    :
    Here's the end if you still want to see it...
    Thanks, that was sweet, especially the move at the end(i'm not sure it was neccasary but it made the defender fall on his face).

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Sure miss Chris Carter.
    The good ole days.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Sometimes you are funny.
    This time you aren't.

A sad day indeed.
    :
    Marrdor if you can read this, thanks for not ignoring me. If you can't then screw you. ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast