Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Bill Cowher to Tampa Bay?

Strong rumours that Bill Cowher could be headed to Tampa...

Mutiny? Bucs consider ousting first-year coach Morris, call Cowher
    http://tinyurl.com/y9k5gda
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers officials have reached out to former Super Bowl-winning coach Bill Cowher about possibly coaching the team in 2010, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
    Sources: Bucs may make run at Cowher
    http://tinyurl.com/ybdl55z
    After turning down chances to return to the NFL in previous offseason, former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is primed to get back in the game this offseason.

Those who know Cowher firmly believe that he plans to coach in 2010, according to two league sources. He is laying the groundwork, making calls to piece together a coaching staff and acting like a man who will be patrolling the sidelines once again next season.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Bill Cowher to Tampa Bay?

21 hours 6 minutes without a reply...... hmy: Shamefull, simply shamefull.

Some things to ponder if in fact this is true:

a. Cower loves 3-4 defenses. Aside from the fact that the PUKERs (Capers comes from Cowhers coaching tree I think)shocked me this year, I still say it will take him at least 2 years to get anything like it going down there. Probably a bad fit which IMHO makes me think this is all rubish.

b. Gruden was on the hot seat after having 2 bad seasons. Will the ownership be patient with the Chin? Took him a while to get things rolling in Steeler land.

c. Cowher won't want to come in and completely rebuild a team. My guess is he wants a team that has some nice pieces sitting in the cupboard that he can use to turn the team around in short time.

d. Did the win over the Saints save Raheems job?

My guess, this isn't even a valid rumor. The Bucs job just doesn't seem to be the one that the Chin would take on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:

a. Cower loves 3-4 defenses. Aside from the fact that the PUKERs (Capers comes from Cowhers coaching tree I think)shocked me this year, I still say it will take him at least 2 years to get anything like it going down there. Probably a bad fit which IMHO makes me think this is all rubish.

b. Gruden was on the hot seat after having 2 bad seasons. Will the ownership be patient with the Chin? Took him a while to get things rolling in Steeler land.

c. Cowher won't want to come in and completely rebuild a team. My guess is he wants a team that has some nice pieces sitting in the cupboard that he can use to turn the team around in short time.

My guess, this isn't even a valid rumor. The Bucs job just doesn't seem to be the one that the Chin would take on.
    The only item you missed was the statement Cowher had made that he won't talk to a team while they have a head coach in place. I'll take that as a fact as Cowher usually sticks to his word and this rumor at the moment is just Tampa wishful thinking.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

The only item you missed was the statement Cowher had made that he won't talk to a team while they have a head coach in place. I'll take that as a fact as Cowher usually sticks to his word and this rumor at the moment is just Tampa wishful thinking.
    An excellent point my friend that is spreadsheet promotion worthy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Please come here.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    Please come here.
    +1

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Please come here.
    LOL. Need I post Cowher's complete record as a head coach here? He only won ONE Super Bowl and had a history of FAILING in the playoffs prior to that one win.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Please come here.
    LOL. Need I post Cowher's complete record as a head coach here? He only won ONE Super Bowl and had a history of FAILING in the playoffs prior to that one win.

=Z=
    How many playoff wins does Childress have? How many Super Bowls does Childress have? That is all.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Please come here.

=Z=
    Consistency. The Steelers are one of the only franchises that get that.

Fire Childress.
    (not really on that one yet, depending on how the team plays in the playoffs.)
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Please come here.
    Consistency. The Steelers are one of the only franchises that get that.

Fire Childress.
    (not really on that one yet, depending on how the team plays in the playoffs.)
    Consistently choking in the playoffs.

(Just playing it like a Vikings' fan would if he were our coach).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast