Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Big Ben Suspended

I just saw this. I'll look for a link.

Roethlisberger will be suspended for 4-6 games, with conditions attached, according to ESPN.
    The Steelers had feared that Roethlisberger would be slapped with an eight-game ban, so this should come as a relief. With good behavior, the suspension can be reduced to just four games. That would mean that Big Ben misses games against the Falcons, Titans, Bucs and Ravens before the Steelers go into their bye in Week 5. Roethlisberger has reportedly been scared straight by his latest flap with the law, so we'd expect him to keep his nose clean. Dennis Dixon and Byron Leftwich are candidates to start while Roethlisberger sits.

Re: Big Ben Suspended

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Big Ben Suspended

Attached Conditions:

No Raping
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

You almost knew it wasn't gonna be for 1 or 2 games when we saw them sign Leftwich last night.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I actually thought he would get 8.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817aaafc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Roethlisberger expected to be conditionally suspended 4-6 games

NFL.com Wire Reports

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to announce Wednesday that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. NFL Networkís Jason La Canfora is reporting that the ban is likely to be for 4-6 games, with a sliding scale based on circumstances, including some component of counseling.

hat would mean Roethlisberger would not be eligible to play in games against the Atlanta Falcons (home), Tennessee Titans (road), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (road) and Baltimore Ravens (home) to open the season. The Steelers have a bye in Week 5. If the suspension lasts the full six games, Roethlisberger also would miss a Week 6 home game vs. Cleveland and Week 7 at Miami. He would be eligible to practice with the team and participate in preseason games.

Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old female college student in a Milledgeville, Ga., nightclub last month, but he will not face criminal charges. Roethlisberger also is being sued in Nevada, where a woman has accused him of sexually assaulting her in his Lake Tahoe hotel room in 2008, although no charges were filed and the quarterback, who denies the allegation, is asking for counter-damages.
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Leave it to Rodger to be inconsistent.

Big Matt is offline Starter

according to NFL.com its not conditional, but could be reduced

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Wednesday that he 1) must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals and 2) will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the leagueís Personal Conduct Policy

The commissioner said he would review Roethlisbergerís progress under the plan prior to the start of the regular season and consider whether to reduce the suspension to four games. Failure to cooperate and follow the plan could result in a longer suspension, the commissioner added.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Even with no official word from anybody, it's already been a big day for Big Ben news.

Adam Schefter, your one-stop-shop for all things Roethlisberger rumor, says that the Steelers are actively contacting teams with draft picks in the top 10, and that one team is considering trading for Roethlisberger.

Who might that team be? And might we be getting ahead of ourselves if we tried to identify them? Absolutely. But let's do it anyway, because it's Wednesday afternoon, and what else are we going to do? The top 10 looks like this:
    Who might be considering trading for Ben Roethlisberger?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Way to go Ben, try and screw up the first quarter of your teams schedule :laugh: Don't think I'll be picking the Steelers to win the AFC North now
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast