Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Big Ben lashes out at former coach

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/21/bc.fbn.steelers.roethlisberger.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl

[size=12pt]Big Ben lashes out at former coach[/size]
    Steelers QB says Whisenhunt wrong about last year
    Posted: Wednesday March 21, 2007 11:26AM; Updated: Wednesday March 21, 2007 11:26AM

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says an off-season motorcycle accident and emergency appendectomy had nothing to do with his subpar performance last season.

Ken Whisenhunt, the Steelers' ex-offensive coordinator and current Arizona Cardinals coach, said recently that Roethlisberger was rushed back into action, but the quarterback told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for a story Wednesday that he doesn't think that's true.

"No, I don't agree with Whis," Roethlisberger said. "There were a lot of things I didn't agree with Whis about, and that's another one."

Whisenhunt said at last month's NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis that he thought Roethlisberger's June 12 accident and an emergency appendectomy early in the season, were partly to blame for his performance in a season in which he threw 23 interceptions. The Steelers went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

"No, I don't think I was rushed. I think I just didn't play well. I had a bad year," Roethlisberger said. "I'm sure Whis had a bad year once in his career."
    Yeah - being an incredible idiot off-the-field had NOTHING to do with sucking like Brad Johnson last year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Big Ben lashes out at former coach

Yep, nothing to do with his performance.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Rottenburger lucked out in his Super Bowl year...heck, he was worse than Trent Dilfer was when the Ravens won it all.
    He had better HOPE that Tomlin gets that Steeler defense playing lights out very soon...or Rotty may be out of a job!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

patistheman is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Rottenburger lucked out in his Super Bowl year...heck, he was worse than Trent Dilfer was when the Ravens won it all.
    He had better HOPE that Tomlin gets that Steeler defense playing lights out very soon...or Rotty may be out of a job!
    I wouldn't say he got lucky, but he was for sure not the main reason they won the super bowl.
    Also remember they were only a 9-7 team that year, we were also 9-7 didn't make the playoffs.
    They were a 9-7 team with a good defense who got on a hot streak when they needed to.
    Also you gotta think that they were running high on emotions trying to get Bettis to a Super Bowl in Detroit.

I think he is mid level QB, hes not great but he doesnt suck.
    When things are going good for him they go well, when he gets in a funk he plays bad and doesn't get out of it very fast.

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

he had 1 good season he sucked and made alot of bad decisions and i think we can expect this from rothelisberger for 3 years until he matures.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

worthelessburger is the most overated qb in the nfl. he was always a "system" qb. the pittsburgh steelers defense and running game made big ben and now that those two are kinda going to the crap there looking at big ben for leadership and hes scared. like a frightened kitten.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

"mr.woo" wrote:
    worthelessburger is the most overated qb in the nfl. he was always a "system" qb. the pittsburgh steelers defense and running game made big ben and now that those two are kinda going to the crap there looking at big ben for leadership and hes scared. like a frightened kitten.
    WELL PUTT