BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Best and Worst NFL Faranchises

Ranking the NFL: Insider grading on every franchise

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9601836/Ranking-the-NFL-franchises?gt1=39002

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Best and Worst NFL Faranchises

Intangibles? Create categories for the things listed under intangibles. Stadium, fan support. PR department? That should just be part of the front office ratings. Stadium could be part of the owner rating.

Shouldn't the player's intangibles be all that matters, and that goes into their offense/defense rating.

Just another way to slobber on the black and gold dick of the NFL that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Hard to argue with numbers, though they can sometimes be deceiving. I think the Giants should have rated a little higher, but all in all I have no argument.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    Intangibles? Create categories for the things listed under intangibles. Stadium, fan support. PR department? That should just be part of the front office ratings. Stadium could be part of the owner rating.

Shouldn't the player's intangibles be all that matters, and that goes into their offense/defense rating.

Just another way to slobber on the black and gold slick willy of the NFL that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Actually, it's hard to argue with that many championships.
    I'm no Steelers fan (I think the NFL GAVE them the 5th Superbowl against the Seahawks), but they ARE successful rather consistantly.
    So is New England, Philly, and New York.
    And if not for Dungy retiring and the snafu in Indy with their Coaches suddenly retiring, THEY would be higher too.

The one that suprised me most was Denver...but they have sort of imploded in the past year.

I think we're ranked rather well, all things considered.
    The Stadium issue drags down the "intangibles" grade because it DOES affect our team as a whole.
    The QB situation is a HUGE knock, and Chiller doesn't exactly inspire confidence (Isn't he one of the lowest graded coaches on ESPN?).
    And I personally thought the Offense grade we got was a bit high, since it was based solely on AP.

So, we're about right where we deserve to be.

Thankfully, many of these issues are ones that SHOULD be fixable.

Caine

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

That's a terrible list!
    The Vikings should not be that low. I was expecting to see us ranked highest in the NFC North, but then I see that not only one, but TWO teams are ranked higher. The Packers and the Bears. I don't understand how the Packers can be ranked that high. It's an outrage. Even the Packers fans know that they aren't that good. They were not good last season, and they are gonna be worse this season beacause of the defensive formation switch. We finished far better than the Packs last season, and we got even better in the offseason. They definitely beat us on the coaching and intangibles part, but that still doesn't meen that they should be ranked higher. We're loaded with talents on both sides of the ball. The overall defense is in the top 5, the rushing offense is the best, and I know that the passing offense will be much better this year.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"HEY" wrote:
    That's a terrible list!
    The Vikings should not be that low. I was expecting to see us ranked highest in the NFC North, but then I see that not only one, but TWO teams are ranked higher. The Packers and the Bears. I don't understand how the Packers can be ranked that high. It's an outrage. Even the Packers fans know that they aren't that good. They were not good last season, and they are gonna be worse this season beacause of the defensive formation switch. We finished far better than the Packs last season, and we got even better in the offseason. They definitely beat us on the coaching and intangibles part, but that still doesn't meen that they should be ranked higher. We're loaded with talents on both sides of the ball. The overall defense is in the top 5, the rushing offense is the best, and I know that the passing offense will be much better this year.
    If this were question about team peformance, I would say fine, but this is about the franchise as a whole, ownership, front office, coaching and players.
    Clearly the teams ahead of us are far supior to what we have brought to the table. We probably could have ranked a little higher, but this is all based on numbers.