Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Best Rivalry in Sports

If you follow college B ball, you would know that Carolina and Duke are always in the top twenty in th enation. Most of the time they are in the top ten. That usually means they have some of the best players; and that usually means alot of great plays. They are by far the biggest rivalry in college B ball and maybe in all of sports. The other thing that makes this rivalry so intense is that they are less than 70 miles apart.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Best Rivalry in Sports

ESPN counted down all the great rivalries. The Skins and Cowboys goes back to the days when football was popular on radio. See, you have to take in account how long these teams have been rivals. The Pack and Bears have been playing far longer than the Vikings. They are a lot more deep in rivalry.

Here is one poll from some site. Just an opinion of course that poeple voted on. When you think rivalries you have to think OSU and Michigan. Remember, these teams have been playing for over 100 years.
    #1 Sports Rivalry
    Michigan vs. Ohio State
    2. Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier
    3. North Carolina vs. Duke
    4 Wilt Chamberlain vs. Bill Russell
    5. Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens
    6. Arnold Palmer vs. Jack Nicklaus
    7. Red Sox vs. Yankees
    8. Auburn vs. Alabama
    9. Redskins vs. Cowboys
    10. Giants vs. Dodgers
    Here is more on the Skins/Cowboys rivalry. http://espn.go.com/page2/wash/s/toomay/020314.html

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Best Rivalry in Sports

The reason I chose Yanks/ Red Sox and UNC/ Duke is because of the national following. I think if you get outside the northern midwest US not many people follow OSU and Mich. the two I have mentioned I think will have a fan base everywhere. And that makes me say those two rivalries as #1. If you go by longevity then you would have to say that the greatest rivalry is Harvard and Yale!! Not many will vote for that one. So I don't give OSU/ MU that much credence for the greatest rivalry.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Best Rivalry in Sports

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    The reason I chose Yanks/ Red Sox and UNC/ Duke is because of the national following. I think if you get outside the northern midwest US not many people follow OSU and Mich. the two I have mentioned I think will have a fan base everywhere. And that makes me say those two rivalries as #1. If you go by longevity then you would have to say that the greatest rivalry is Harvard and Yale!! Not many will vote for that one. So I don't give OSU/ MU that much credence for the greatest rivalry.
    OSU/MU have still carried the rivalry to important games. When was the last time Yale knocked Harvard out of the top rankings? OSU/MU do carry a national following when it comes to College Football.

Another top rivalry would be Army/Navy.

I realize this is all opinions. So folks weigh the rivalries different than others. Some only know rivalries that are teams they may watch.

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Best Rivalry in Sports

N.Y. Giants fans hate the eagles alot too. Dallas and washington has alot of hatred too also oakland and denver hate each other far more. Oakland and san diego is heated too also KC and Denver. Indianapolis and NE have one going. Minnesota and Green Bay have a big one also the pack and bears also i think us and the bears after this year with tillman and moss thing is making our rivarlry with the bears heated.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Best Rivalry in Sports

"JohnnyBGoode" wrote:
    i never knew north carolina and duke were huge rivalries...guess you learn somthing knew each day lol
    I hope to god that you were kidding.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Best Rivalry in Sports

I saw this thing on ESPN about two high school football teams that have played against each other for over one hundred years. It happens every year on Thanksgiving, and the two teams have passed up the state playoffs just to play in that game. The game filled up a stadium that looked like it should be college capacity, and it just looked like a great game to be a part of. Interesting stuff.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Best Rivalry in Sports

"JohnnyBGoode" wrote:
    I was just wondering who you all think is the best rivalry in the Nfl...Im gonna have to go with my team the packers against the bears. In recent years its been the packers - vikes, but no way matches the history between our many battles with the bears. What u all think?
    Vikings vs. Packers
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Best Rivalry in Sports

"Bdubya" wrote:
    I saw this thing on ESPN about two high school football teams that have played against each other for over one hundred years. It happens every year on Thanksgiving, and the two teams have passed up the state playoffs just to play in that game. The game filled up a stadium that looked like it should be college capacity, and it just looked like a great game to be a part of. Interesting stuff.
    Southern and Grambling do the same thing every year (pass up the Division I-AA playoffs) to play each other in the Superdome....their bands compete against each other too...it is awesome and they make so much money from it that they don't care about not going to the playoffs.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Best Rivalry in Sports

I think that those of you that picked Vikes/GB is the #1 might be a little biased. Some of these team have been battling for many more years than us and the Pack. Thats just my opinion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast