Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

best playmaker in the nfl

I had to go with Moss. When I think "playmaker" I don't consider that to be "Most Dominant, Most Consistent, or Overall Best Contributor". I see a playmaker as someone who can get that 85-yard play and thus bust a game wide open in 5 seconds. Using that yardstick, I think Randy and Vick are the tops in the poll. However, Vick needs to put some fricken spackle on his fragile legs and stick around a little longer to prove that he's not gonna have a short career.
    Hell, Randy Moss has a much better QB rating than Vick (141.4 over 77.6) and completion rate (57.1 over 53.0). And half of Moss's pass completions have resulted in TD
    BEST QB EVER= RANDY MOSS!
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Even though I am a Vikes fan, I gotta vote for LT. He is the next coming of Marshall Faulk, maybe even better. I followed his college career and knew that he was something special.
    Imagine what he could do on a real team with a good O-line a QB and receivers that were a threat.

What worries me is if they wear him down like the Houston Oilers did to Earl (the Pearl) Campbell and it cuts his career short. :cry:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think that LT is a different type of back, and one that will not be expected to pound the ball like Earl did later in his career. He is more like Marshall Faulk in that he is elusive and will not take the types of shots that Earl did later in his career. Remember the average career of a RB is four years, and even though the great ones play longer, even the best aren't productive beyond 10 years.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Not including Ahman or Favre... two of the top 8 players in the league right now, is insane and makes this poll un worthy of anything. Having DC on and not Favre is ludicris...
    3 Straight Division Champs

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Not including Ahman or Favre... two of the top 8 players in the league right now, is insane and makes this poll un worthy of anything. Having DC on and not Favre is ludicris...
    sniff cry sniff :bootyshake:
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

you are correct, packman, but this is first and foremost a Viking site and the poll is answered mainly by the Viking fans that post here. In addition, I wouldn't doubt that a similar poll exists somewhere deep in the bowels of some Packer fan website and I seriously doubt that there are any Vikings (worthy or not) on said poll. Doesn't bother me in the least nor does it mean that either poll (if the Packer one exists) is any less valid. The poll is not saying that the results represent anything other than the respondents on this site. Feel free to conduct a similar poll on your favorite Packer site and show us the results. I for one would be interested to see it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

And, not to be a homer, but its too bad you've left Ahman off the list. He's been absolutely spectacular this season, even in yesterday's loss.[/quote]

i had green on last spot on the poll but it went away once it was posted oops[/quote]

did read what i wrote are do you just assume

farve 6th highest rated passer last year
    11th in yards
    2nd in pct
    in 2nd with 21 picks you are the same people who rip culpepper for turning the ball over to much
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

(1) Vick
    (2) tomlinson

It is too hard to say a WR, when he relies on a QB to make his plays. Moss may very well be the best playmaker of the group, but who knows when he has to rely on daunte to get him the ball.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Moss of course.

Randy can run faster and jump higher then any back or saftey and has hands made of glue. He can turn any game around with once catch and is a momentum man. (Meaning he keeps momentum well)
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast