Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Best Pass Catcher In NFL Today

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1106729
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106707
    Wes Welker.
    When speaking of pure reliable consistent pass-catching then I believe Wes Welker is among the best in the NFL. He's a first down machine and is arguably the best slot receiver in the game today. But who do you really want when your down by six points with the ball in the last seconds of the game: Wes Welker or Larry Fitzgerald?

Overall, I think Fitzgerald is the best pass-catcher.
    Depends on down and distance.

Inside the 10. I sure wouldn't ignore Wes. Outside the 20, Fitz is the guy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106730
    Best hands: Fitz
    Best routs: Welker
    Best run after catch: Harvin
    Best jump ball: Megatron
    Best personality: Ochocinco
    Not bad my friend.

Best Hands: Welker (Still say his hands are great)
    Best Routes: Hines Ward (I lump ability to read Def and make adjustments in here)
    Best run after the catch: Welker/Harvin Tie
    Best Jump Ball: Fitz (Cat has some ups and the body control as well)
    Best Personality: 85 (Gonna be fun to watch him on the Pats to see how he meshes)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106733
    Wes Welker.
    When speaking of pure reliable consistent pass-catching then I believe Wes Welker is among the best in the NFL. He's a first down machine and is arguably the best slot receiver in the game today. But who do you really want when your down by six points with the ball in the last seconds of the game: Wes Welker or Larry Fitzgerald?

What do you think is more likely, Wes getting open at the ten when the d knows the ball is coming his way, or Fitz winning the ball in a goal line fade? Ill take the latter ten times out of ten

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Wes Welker.

I don't think Wes is a guy you can force the ball too. If he's doubled you have to go somewhere else. Fitz always has a chance to come down with it.

I wonder what would happen if Welker played for the cardinals and Fitz played for the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1106736
    Wes Welker.

What do you think is more likely, Wes getting open at the ten when the d knows the ball is coming his way, or Fitz winning the ball in a goal line fade? Ill take the latter ten times out of ten
    Boy I don't know. The D knows Wes is gonna get the ball all the time and he sure seems to have pretty guady numbers not to mention that Wes had 7 TD's last year which didn't come from running a 9 route.

Not sure how many Fitz had but I bet it wasn't many more.

Again, like em both. I just like the smaller guys better.

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106738
    Wes Welker.

I don't think Wes is a guy you can force the ball too. If he's doubled you have to go somewhere else. Fitz always has a chance to come down with it.
    Another excellent point. I don't think ole Wes is gonna win many jump balls.

I wonder what would happen if Welker played for the cardinals and Fitz played for the Patriots?
    LOL, now your making it hard on me. :P

Minus last year, I bet ole Wes would have had pretty good luck working with Warner. Fitz on the other hand I think can make any QB look good.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106726
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1106725
    No, you were correct. It was Marty who was, as usual, going off-topic to suit his selfish desires.
    Why do you continue to poke me like this? If you really want to talk football, talk football. If you want to get in a pissing match, we can do that to.

The first would be more enjoyable, but I can have fun insulting you if you feel you can't talk the game.
    I think you answered your question with your answer.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106730
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106727
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106723
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106715
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106713
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106711
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106709
    Wes Welker.

Is the deep ball sexy? Judging by all of the inputs so far, I guess the answer is yes...........

My take, anyone can run down the field in a nice 7, 8 or 9 route, with a CB and maybe a S giving help over the top, and let the football fall into your hands (well except Troy Williamson).

Gimme a guy who can catch it running a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 route with CB, LB and a S all within eye shot with the ball coming straight at you instead of on a nice arch.
    Fitz runs all the routs and catches anything within 10 yards.
    Good point, but he doesn't run near as many as Welker does, nor does he have as many catches as Welker especially the ones when you take away the catches he has from the 7, 8 and 9 routes.
    Thing is Welker and Brady are all about timing and precision. The ball is almost always exactly where it is supposed to be. Welkers top skill is rout running.
    Fitz makes the spectacular catches on balls he has no business catching. His top skills are body control and hands.
    Again, thats a great point but to "Brush off" (probably poor words) the ability to run precise routes in heavy traffic is really missing a big part of what makes Welker so amazing.

Cat is one little dude that gets shoved around alot inside which makes it very hard for him to get to those spots on time.

On a side note, PH is another one that I would take before I would take one of the big 4 listed in the poll.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch someone like Fitz go to work, but for me, what those little cats do just amazes me.
    Alright, I see I was a little off. I was thinking the question was who has the best hands. Best WR your argument makes more sense.
    Nope, you weren't off. We did start talking hands, but then you pointed out some other good discussion points which I then used to keep my guy in the discussion.

In the end, there is not right and wrong here. Isn't it just someones opinion?

On a side note, atleast you were following the discussion. Z seemed to miss it all together. Shouldn't be suprised, he does that alot when he tries to actually talk football.

He is much better suited at insulting people.:whistle:
    Best hands: Fitz
    Best routs: Welker
    Best run after catch: Harvin
    Best jump ball: Megatron
    Best personality: Ochocinco
    Wow, never thought I'd hear you say 85 had the best personality. I thought you hated on him?

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1106748
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106726
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1106725
    No, you were correct. It was Marty who was, as usual, going off-topic to suit his selfish desires.
    Why do you continue to poke me like this? If you really want to talk football, talk football. If you want to get in a pissing match, we can do that to.

The first would be more enjoyable, but I can have fun insulting you if you feel you can't talk the game.
    I think you answered your question with your answer.

=Z=
    Almost as telling as if you would have just not answered.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106727
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106723
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106715
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106713
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106711
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106709
    Wes Welker.

Is the deep ball sexy? Judging by all of the inputs so far, I guess the answer is yes...........

My take, anyone can run down the field in a nice 7, 8 or 9 route, with a CB and maybe a S giving help over the top, and let the football fall into your hands (well except Troy Williamson).

Gimme a guy who can catch it running a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 route with CB, LB and a S all within eye shot with the ball coming straight at you instead of on a nice arch.
    Fitz runs all the routs and catches anything within 10 yards.
    Good point, but he doesn't run near as many as Welker does, nor does he have as many catches as Welker especially the ones when you take away the catches he has from the 7, 8 and 9 routes.
    Thing is Welker and Brady are all about timing and precision. The ball is almost always exactly where it is supposed to be. Welkers top skill is rout running.
    Fitz makes the spectacular catches on balls he has no business catching. His top skills are body control and hands.
    Again, thats a great point but to "Brush off" (probably poor words) the ability to run precise routes in heavy traffic is really missing a big part of what makes Welker so amazing.

Cat is one little dude that gets shoved around alot inside which makes it very hard for him to get to those spots on time.

On a side note, PH is another one that I would take before I would take one of the big 4 listed in the poll.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch someone like Fitz go to work, but for me, what those little cats do just amazes me.
    Alright, I see I was a little off. I was thinking the question was who has the best hands. Best WR your argument makes more sense.
    Nope, you weren't off. We did start talking hands, but then you pointed out some other good discussion points which I then used to keep my guy in the discussion.

In the end, there is not right and wrong here. Isn't it just someones opinion?

On a side note, atleast you were following the discussion. Z seemed to miss it all together. Shouldn't be suprised, he does that alot when he tries to actually talk football.

He is much better suited at insulting people.:whistle:
    Whatever, dude.

I stick with Greg Camarillo.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast