Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Best NFL team, ever.

I know it's a sour spot but what about the cowboys of the 90's?
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Yea,

I'de have to say the 85 Bears, but if you go back in Vikings history, we had some really nasty Teams ourselves..

Not winning a super bowl doesn't help anything but being forgotten..

But the Purple People Eaters and Fran and the O....Weve sure had our share of past great teams.....Do a search on our past D's.....some awesome years back in the 70's
    Yep, because of the Hail Mary, a blind referee, and a Drew Pearson, our best Team never made it to the Super Bowl--Just watched that game on tape my Uncle has, unreal.......

Prophet Guest

"VegasLadyJae" wrote:
    ...yep, because of the Hail Mary, a blind referee, and a Drew Pearson, our best Team never made it to the Super Bowl--Just watched that game on tape my Uncle has, unreal.......
    That play was one of the many daggers that has been jabbed in my heart and twisted as a Vikings fan. I still cringe just thinking about that play. Could you post a video clip of that play? I haven't seen that in years.

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"Prophet" wrote:
    "VegasLadyJae" wrote:
    ...yep, because of the Hail Mary, a blind referee, and a Drew Pearson, our best Team never made it to the Super Bowl--Just watched that game on tape my Uncle has, unreal.......
    That play was one of the many daggers that has been jabbed in my heart and twisted as a Vikings fan. I still cringe just thinking about that play. Could you post a video clip of that play? I haven't seen that in years.
    I wish I could....I do not own the tape, my uncle does and he is in Bermuda, just saw that game and the Steelers Super Bowl vs the Vikings over the Holidays......

6-KINGS Guest

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    I guess I would have to say the 72 Dolphins just because they are the only team to go undefeated.
    Totally agree!

Really they are the only team that can really claim this title for now.
    All the other SB champs had at least one team who can say,"we beat you"

This is the one area of football that puzzles me.
    All other major sports play a series to determine their champ.
    I understand the recover time for football is said to be longer and thus the series option is out.

But Hockey seems to be able to do it.
    And any sport that has men skating that fast and can hit you with a stick is right up there in toughness with anything.
    I always thought, take away preseason, cut the season to 12 games and that would open a football 3 game series option for 2 rounds in the playoffs.
    But that would generate less $$, so that is out.

Anyway just my thoughts.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I have to go with the colts (pending how thier season finishes) , lets say they go 16-0 and win the superbowl. First off to go 16-0 in these days is alot harder then back in the day. Secondly they would be the only team in NFL history to go 16-0 (regular season) since the dolphins only went 14-0. They have argubly the best Offense in the History of the NFL. Thier defense is great but still not the best I've ever seen. All in all thier a complete well rounded team and our in Top 3 contention pending the rest of thier season.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12