Prophet Guest

Benson pulls a Moss

KFFL
    Bears | Benson scolded after teammates turn him in
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:44:34 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson was scolded by head coach Lovie Smith for leaving the sideline Friday, Aug. 18, during a preseason game against San Diego and skipping the mandatory postgame meeting. Teammates didn't approve of Benson's early exit and brought it to the attention of the Sun-Times, which confirmed through a team source that Smith disciplined the second-year running back. 'I didn't get fined,' Benson said after practice at Halas Hall, where he participated in individual drills and non-contact 7-on-7 drills. Benson said he did not leave the stadium but watched the game from the office of equipment manager Tony Medlin, but team rules required Benson to be on the sideline during the game. Two teammates confirmed Benson left the sideline during the first quarter and wasn't at the postgame meeting. During training camp, Benson said he believed some teammates and coaches did not like him, but if that was the case, he did not care.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Benson pulls a Moss

Another primadonna. What is this "During TC, Benson believed that some of his mates and coaches did not like him, crap?" Did he even ask them? Just because they did not talk to him or kiss his ---, that doesn't mean that they don't like him. Now, if they slashed his tires or trashed his locker, then I would be worried.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Bears | Benson scolded after teammates turn him in
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:44:34 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson was scolded by head coach Lovie Smith for leaving the sideline Friday, Aug. 18, during a preseason game against San Diego and skipping the mandatory postgame meeting. Teammates didn't approve of Benson's early exit and brought it to the attention of the Sun-Times, which confirmed through a team source that Smith disciplined the second-year running back. 'I didn't get fined,' Benson said after practice at Halas Hall, where he participated in individual drills and non-contact 7-on-7 drills. Benson said he did not leave the stadium but watched the game from the office of equipment manager Tony Medlin, but team rules required Benson to be on the sideline during the game. Two teammates confirmed Benson left the sideline during the first quarter and wasn't at the postgame meeting. During training camp, Benson said he believed some teammates and coaches did not like him, but if that was the case, he did not care.

What a headcase!

My teammates & coaches don't like me, and I want to pout!
    Lovie should suspend him for the season opener and doc his pay accordingly, he is not paid to be sitting in the office of the equipment manager watching a game he might still have played in!
    Moss only walked off with 1 play left in a game, Benson walked off in the 1st Quarter and wasn't in the locker room for half time?

Plus I really don't buy the equipment manager's office thing, I think he left the stadium and again Lovie should suspend him for the 1st game.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Bears | Benson apologizes; but he is not ready to trust his teammates
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:10:39 -0700

K.C. Johnson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson has apologized to several teammates but said Tuesday, Aug. 22, he doesn't regret breaking a team rule by leaving the sidelines during Friday night's exhibition game, Aug. 18, and missing a team meeting afterward. "Life teaches a ton of lessons, and you move along," said Benson, who was fined for the transgression. "It also showed me a lot about the situation and where I stand with the team and with some guys." The published report that brought the incident to light said two players volunteered information about his absence. Head coach Lovie Smith, upset and choosing his words carefully, said Benson had been punished for breaking the rule. Asked if Benson's trouble would impact the depth chart, Smith was ready. "No more than any of the other things that happen on a daily basis as far as the depth chart is concerned," he said. "It isn't good when you're not on the sidelines for a game. When a player does something and I can't live with it, he won't be on our team anymore. And that isn't the case right now." QB Rex Grossman appreciated Benson's apology. "I thought that was big of him," Grossman said. "To me, it's over."