Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Benson holding out till next season???

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/mario...spt-jay25.html
    This article suggests that maybe Benson wants to hold out all year and sign with a different team??? I don't know how the unsigned free agent deal works out, but I think he would be a good pickup for a team like us. We don't want to keep starting new RB's every year...
    I think that if he is unsigned by November, he goes back in the draft. I don't think he becomes a free agent.
    I'm almost positive you're right, if he doesn't sign he eventually goes back into the draft, but I don't think the deadline is November. Bryant McKinnie signed with us Nov. 1, and I don't remember any talk about him going back into the draft.

See, I do remember talk about him possibly going back to the draft. I should have been more clear in my forst post. "If he is unsigned by sometime in November...." I think the deadline is mid-to-late November, not November 1st as I originally implied.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

what an asshole.

SharperImage42

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"fred3105" wrote:
    There is no way he holds out till next season. If he was to hold out he would have to reenter the draft and would be listed as the #3-#4 best RB in the draft behind Deanglo Williams, Reggie Bush, and Lauren Marony. This would probably put him into the second round giving him far less money then he would have got if he just signed with the bears.
    well that might teach him a lesson and some humility if he did drop down. Then again as Del Rio said would a team really want him after that ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Sorry, but Benson is a dick. He was the one crying to the media on draft day about how he's got such a bad rap and how he hated the talk that he's the next Ricky Williams and all that jazz, and then he turns around and does this.
    Yeah no kidding. He was crying his head off and and his mom is like oh my baby cedric! I can't beleive he is even considering doing this because now his rep is ruined for a long time.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Well, I seem to be "slightly" outvoted on this one :lol: I've always liked Benson, it's a shame his career is starting off this way...

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

If he does ever sign with the Bears he is going to be counted as a savior! It will put a lot of pressure on Benson, with out a training camp and time to learn the system he will be in a very bad position.

If he struggles fans are going to be booing and calling for his head, can he deal with that kind of pressure?

I do not understand what agents do not understand that part of this. How much money is he losing in endorsements in the Chicago market because he is holding out for a few extra hundred thousand? Or on his next contract if he gets to the point were he gets another contract?

Will he come in after this long holdout and have the same career that he would have had if he signed before training camp started? We will never know, but 3 years from know if he is a bust was this a part of the reason?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"josdin00" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/mario...spt-jay25.html
    This article suggests that maybe Benson wants to hold out all year and sign with a different team??? I don't know how the unsigned free agent deal works out, but I think he would be a good pickup for a team like us. We don't want to keep starting new RB's every year...
    I think that if he is unsigned by November, he goes back in the draft. I don't think he becomes a free agent.
    I'm almost positive you're right, if he doesn't sign he eventually goes back into the draft, but I don't think the deadline is November. Bryant McKinnie signed with us Nov. 1, and I don't remember any talk about him going back into the draft.

See, I do remember talk about him possibly going back to the draft. I should have been more clear in my forst post. "If he is unsigned by sometime in November...." I think the deadline is mid-to-late November, not November 1st as I originally implied.

The deadline is week 10 of the regular season. If not signed by then, he reenters the draft.

He won't do that though. It would cost him a ton of money sitting out and he would drop way down in next years draft and maybe not even go in the 1st round.

He'll sign eventually.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Thanks Muchluv.

this is perfect!!! boy do the bears have draft problems or what!!!

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    this is perfect!!! boy do the bears have draft problems or what!!!
    No doubt! Remember Cajun McChicken, I mean Cade McNown?

4door chevelle what kind of 94 cadi do you have? I have a 96 Deville.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast