Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Belichick 4th Down Call

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Teddy's rant yesterday afternoon/evening on ESPN was pretty classic.
    Talked about how the Defense should be feeling after being slighted by that call.

They then went into a interesting discussion that broached on the idea that Bellicheat will use this as a learning experience and will win back the D's love in the next 7 games or so.

Anyway, having said all that, my point is along the lines of what I was thinking as they were going over that stuff.......
    One word comes to mind.....

Tuna-esc.

That cat used to do some crazy crap the he would later use to the teams advantage.
    Somehow I fear this will work out for the hooded one that way.

:
    Yes, the Jedi mind trick.

He can take the blame and leave the team out of it. To the team, he will admit that the Colts beat him, only to the team will he admit this.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    I understand the call and have no issue with it... I was simply amazed that someone known as a defensive genius would slight his Defense so badly by making that call.
    It really shows how far that D has fallen this year.
    Frankly, the 40 or so yards of field position don't mean much to Manning, especially not with how the Pats D was looking.
    Yes, I guess that's what it really comes down to.
    Belichick did not have confidence in his defense in that situation.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I was watching NFL Network last night

And I believe they were in a very simular scenerio last time they played the Colts

And Peyton marched them right now the field for the game winning TD

That, and how well Brady was playing, and their 55-60 percent 4th down conversions since BB came in all played into it IMO

I liked the odds and sometimes u come up short.. I can't blame him for it

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Teddy's rant yesterday afternoon/evening on ESPN was pretty classic.
    Talked about how the Defense should be feeling after being slighted by that call.

They then went into a interesting discussion that broached on the idea that Bellicheat will use this as a learning experience and will win back the D's love in the next 7 games or so.

Anyway, having said all that, my point is along the lines of what I was thinking as they were going over that stuff.......
    One word comes to mind.....

Tuna-esc.

That cat used to do some crazy crap the he would later use to the teams advantage.
    Somehow I fear this will work out for the hooded one that way.

:
    Yes, the Jedi mind trick.

He can take the blame and leave the team out of it. To the team, he will admit that the Colts beat him, only to the team will he admit this.
    Or he could use the "I didn't think you could stop them" approach which could make them work harder so that the next time he would opt for them to take the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....10/index.html

[size=12pt]Bus Stops: Belichick sends message that Patriots are scared of Colts[/size]
    Posted: Monday November 16, 2009 2:33PM; Updated: Monday November 16, 2009 3:05PM
    Jerome Bettis

• If I had been on the Patriots' sideline Sunday night, I might have seen it a different way, but I hated Bill Belichick's call to go for it on fourth-and-two against the Colts. As a player, you get shortsighted when you're involved in the game. On every fourth-and-two in my career I guarantee I was saying, "Give me the ball." And I'm sure the players on that New England sideline were down with the move. That's the nice thing about being a player -- it was never your call. "Blame the coach! I'm just doing what he says." You can get away with being irrational as a player. It ain't your say and it ain't your fault. Maybe Tom Brady liked it, but players aren't in the right frame of mind to make that call.

Bottom line, it was a poor call in the situation. (If New England had been up seven, perhaps I'm a little more comfortable with the move.) You've got to force a team to beat you. Instead the Patriots beat themselves by handing Peyton Manning a small field. Simple as that.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345