Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Belicheck, Pats & future HoF places

"Schutz" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    If this is all the information that comes out about spygate they will be first ballot HOFs.
    However if Matt Walsh can provide the evidence that he says will damage both the NFL and the Patriots I think Bellichick will definatly be hurt by this.
    If it is that bad he could have a permanent ban like that of Pete Rose.
    Brady should be as well but it will depend on how much it is determined that he benifited from whatever possibly happend.

Moss should be a first ballot HOF.
    His off the field issues have been way less serious than those of Irvin, and he is a much better player than Irvin.
    But then again so is Cris Carter.
    It definitely a matter of what evidence is produced and what damage it may do and will be interesting to see how this whole matter is viewed in years to come. I guess when someone like Irvin gets in then anything is possible - in his case then I would say that off-field matters are a consideration.
    However in the Pats case then the potential problem is directly linked to the game and so should be a major factor when looking at potential inductees.

Regarding Moss then, IMHO, he sits the same presently as many former players ( Vikes and otherwise) in that he needs to get a SB ring before he should be considered as a first ballot HOF. If someone like Cric Carter isn't worthy as a first ballot then Moss should only get that step on his mentor if he gets a ring.
    Randy Moss is a frist ballot guy because he has almost the same recieving yards and TDs as Carter's career in SIX less seasons.
    and going by the apparent standards used by the HoF voters he has the same number of SB rings as CC - ie 0 - and so probably would not be a first ballot in the current climate. I liked Moss when he was wearing purple but don't let me have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the HoF.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Schutz" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    If this is all the information that comes out about spygate they will be first ballot HOFs.
    However if Matt Walsh can provide the evidence that he says will damage both the NFL and the Patriots I think Bellichick will definatly be hurt by this.
    If it is that bad he could have a permanent ban like that of Pete Rose.
    Brady should be as well but it will depend on how much it is determined that he benifited from whatever possibly happend.

Moss should be a first ballot HOF.
    His off the field issues have been way less serious than those of Irvin, and he is a much better player than Irvin.
    But then again so is Cris Carter.
    It definitely a matter of what evidence is produced and what damage it may do and will be interesting to see how this whole matter is viewed in years to come. I guess when someone like Irvin gets in then anything is possible - in his case then I would say that off-field matters are a consideration.
    However in the Pats case then the potential problem is directly linked to the game and so should be a major factor when looking at potential inductees.

Regarding Moss then, IMHO, he sits the same presently as many former players ( Vikes and otherwise) in that he needs to get a SB ring before he should be considered as a first ballot HOF. If someone like Cric Carter isn't worthy as a first ballot then Moss should only get that step on his mentor if he gets a ring.
    Randy Moss is a frist ballot guy because he has almost the same recieving yards and TDs as Carter's career in SIX less seasons.
    I don't think he needs to win a SB to go to the hall, but I think his off the field and to some extent some of his on field stuff (water bottle, leaving field early (even though Favre did the same damn thing!) will possibly keep him out as a first ballot HOFer.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"patistheman" wrote:
    If Walsh does have tapes that will damage the NFL & he turns them over to Goodell, no way does the NFL get damaged by it. Goodell will simply destroy those tapes before anyone else gets to see what's on them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12