Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Belicheck, Pats & future HoF places

Here's a question for people to mull over and I'd be interested in views on this. We often hear how many players and coaches are often overlooked for inclusion to Canton as, although they may have been solid players posting good numbers and stats, they don't have the SB rings to go with those records.

At the moment there is the murmuring of activities that go against league rules which may go back to before the Pats run of success. So on the basis of number of SB wins then Belicheck and certain members of the Pats
    organisation should therefore be an automatic shoo-in to the HoF. My question is will the doubts and apparent cover-up that look to be going on impact these peoples chances of getting elected or will the NFL perform one more overlook move and allow them to get in - whether it be as a first round inductee or waiting for their final year of eligibility?

I'm working of the basis that there seems to a lot more than has been admitted to by both the NFL and Patriots - but without any solid proof of course then the rumours will be no more than that.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Re: Belicheck, Pats & future HoF places

Right or not.
    The hall seems to be based on more then numbers, often perception plays a big part into this, so if the world views them as
    cheaters.
    I think it could very much hurt things.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This is an interesting topic. I guess I don't know if this videogate is going to affect some of the players and Belichicks HOF status. I think regardless Brady is in and so is Belichick. As for other players on the Pats for this era I really don't know. I'm pretty sure Moss will be in but I don't know about any of the other Pats, it will be interesting 15-20 years from now.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So on the basis of number of SB wins then Belicheck and certain members of the Pats
    organisation should therefore be an automatic shoo-in to the HoF. My question is will the doubts and apparent cover-up that look to be going on impact these peoples chances of getting elected or will the NFL perform one more overlook move and allow them to get in - whether it be as a first round inductee or waiting for their final year of eligibility?
    No

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't see how Moss, Brady and Belichick won't be first ballot HOFers, but I guess when there's scandal they might not get in until later. With Moss' off the field issues he probably won't get in right away, Brady will be first ballot no doubt in my mind, Belichick I think will probably be the one hurt from all this scandal.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

patistheman is offline Starter

If this is all the information that comes out about spygate they will be first ballot HOFs.
    However if Matt Walsh can provide the evidence that he says will damage both the NFL and the Patriots I think Bellichick will definatly be hurt by this.
    If it is that bad he could have a permanent ban like that of Pete Rose.
    Brady should be as well but it will depend on how much it is determined that he benifited from whatever possibly happend.

Moss should be a first ballot HOF.
    His off the field issues have been way less serious than those of Irvin, and he is a much better player than Irvin.
    But then again so is Cris Carter.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"patistheman" wrote:
    If this is all the information that comes out about spygate they will be first ballot HOFs.
    However if Matt Walsh can provide the evidence that he says will damage both the NFL and the Patriots I think Bellichick will definatly be hurt by this.
    Brady should be as well but it will depend on how much it is determined that he benifited from whatever possibly happend.

His off the field issues have been way less serious than those of Irvin, and he is a much better player than Irvin.
    The problem that many people are missing is that Walsh may have evidence that implicates a lot more than just Belichick.
    This stupid video taping thing goes well beyond just one team.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I honestly believe that Spygate has hurt Belichick's chances at getting into the HoF.
    Maybe after several years, but definately not first ballot.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:

The problem that many people are missing is that Walsh may have evidence that implicates a lot more than just Belichick.
    This stupid video taping thing goes well beyond just one team.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I honestly believe that Spygate has hurt Belichick's chances at getting into the HoF.
    Maybe after several years, but definately not first ballot.
    As much as I like the Patriots I will say this.
    Belichick better not make the NFL's HoF before Pete Rose makes MLB's HoF.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"patistheman" wrote:

It definitely a matter of what evidence is produced and what damage it may do and will be interesting to see how this whole matter is viewed in years to come. I guess when someone like Irvin gets in then anything is possible - in his case then I would say that off-field matters are a consideration.
    However in the Pats case then the potential problem is directly linked to the game and so should be a major factor when looking at potential inductees.

Regarding Moss then, IMHO, he sits the same presently as many former players ( Vikes and otherwise) in that he needs to get a SB ring before he should be considered as a first ballot HOF. If someone like Cric Carter isn't worthy as a first ballot then Moss should only get that step on his mentor if he gets a ring.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:

It definitely a matter of what evidence is produced and what damage it may do and will be interesting to see how this whole matter is viewed in years to come. I guess when someone like Irvin gets in then anything is possible - in his case then I would say that off-field matters are a consideration.
    However in the Pats case then the potential problem is directly linked to the game and so should be a major factor when looking at potential inductees.

Regarding Moss then, IMHO, he sits the same presently as many former players ( Vikes and otherwise) in that he needs to get a SB ring before he should be considered as a first ballot HOF. If someone like Cric Carter isn't worthy as a first ballot then Moss should only get that step on his mentor if he gets a ring.
    Randy Moss is a frist ballot guy because he has almost the same recieving yards and TDs as Carter's career in SIX less seasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast