Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70
  1. #41
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    It's his OPINION...get it?
    As are your listed 10.
    Fact of the matter is this...there are enough NFL fans who feel the same way as he does and even if you listed 100 other incidents, those NFL fans wouldn't change their minds.
    The coverup by Roger Goodell is what makes it worse than it appears at first blush, but then I wouldn't expect you to understand this.
    I would wager that there are most NFL fans who have moved on than fans who still hold the torch.
    Outside Boston haters and our own lovable conspiracy theorists, most people realize that this had little or nothing to do with any super bowls, and isn't even close to the most egregious incident in sports history.

    I agree that destroying the tapes was a mistake and made it look worse than it is.
    That was a mistake on Goodell's part.
    But I don't accept it as proof that there was something more going on.
    We still have people here who think that Walsh video tapped a walk through before the super bowl, despite the fact that 1) there was no walk through, 2) the additional tapes turned over to the NFL by Walsh didn't have any footage of it, and 3) Walsh himself later said that this rumor wasn't true.
    Yet because some people refuse to accept anything other than the crucifixion of Belichick, they are still convinced that it happened.

    It was the biggest NFL scandal of 2007.
    One of the biggest of the decade in fact.
    But it still paled in comparison to other sports, both in recent history and all time.
    To think that there is some huge cover up because whatever was on those tapes could somehow bring to its knees the most powerful and successful sports league in the world is silly and reeks of paranoia.

    It is time to let it go.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #42
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=47362.msg826071#msg826071 date=1219871352]
    Remind me of that when we see the next mention of the "Love Boat" incident or I have to keep hearing about ARod this and ARod that from Red Sox fans.
    Belichick made his bed and he gets to lie in it.
    Maybe your six year old is smarter than you think.
    You don't hear or read that on these boards.
    But yet you continue to spew your Anti-Boston venom here, as if we all don't already know your position.
    Deal with it.
    We all have to deal with all of the kaka del rio that you spew as well.
    You chose to justify by bringing up something that doesn't happen here.
    Don't get mad when someone calls you on it.

    And you don't have to deal with all of my kaka del rio.
    You can Ignore me.

    =Z=
    Don't get mad when states their own personal opinion just because you disagree then.

    You can choose to ignore me as well, Zeus.
    It's a two-way street.
    He doesn't take well to the obvious.
    [/quote]

  3. #43
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not trying to stick up for Belicheat here, however, lets not forget that every team was doing this.
    Thus the memo to quit.
    I've given several examples that highlighted that very subject.

    Long story short, all of the teams, including the Vikes are guilty of this.


    Only difference I can see is that Pats just chose to ignore the memo and continued thier taping efforts.:
    Correct.
    But give it about five minutes.
    The Pats-haters will come back and say that there is no evidence to support this.
    In their mind, Belichick was the one and only person associated with the NFL to break a rule...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #44
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    It's his OPINION...get it?
    As are your listed 10.
    Fact of the matter is this...there are enough NFL fans who feel the same way as he does and even if you listed 100 other incidents, those NFL fans wouldn't change their minds.
    The coverup by Roger Goodell is what makes it worse than it appears at first blush, but then I wouldn't expect you to understand this.
    I would wager that there are most NFL fans who have moved on than fans who still hold the torch.
    Outside Boston haters and our own lovable conspiracy theorists, most people realize that this had little or nothing to do with any super bowls, and isn't even close to the most egregious incident in sports history.

    I agree that destroying the tapes was a mistake and made it look worse than it is.
    That was a mistake on Goodell's part.
    But I don't accept it as proof that there was something more going on.
    We still have people here who think that Walsh video tapped a walk through before the super bowl, despite the fact that 1) there was no walk through, 2) the additional tapes turned over to the NFL by Walsh didn't have any footage of it, and 3) Walsh himself later said that this rumor wasn't true.
    Yet because some people refuse to accept anything other than the crucifixion of Belichick, they are still convinced that it happened.

    It was the biggest NFL scandal of 2007.
    One of the biggest of the decade in fact.
    But it still paled in comparison to other sports, both in recent history and all time.
    To think that there is some huge cover up because whatever was on those tapes could somehow bring to its knees the most powerful and successful sports league in the world is silly and reeks of paranoia.

    It is time to let it go.
    When the "Love Boat" incident gets let go (which pales by comparison, yet is still mentioned every chance sportswriters get...see the McKinnie articles), then I will let go as well.
    Get ready for several more mentions of it though, because the national media can't let go of the "Love Boat" thing either.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #45
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not trying to stick up for Belicheat here, however, lets not forget that every team was doing this.
    Thus the memo to quit.
    I've given several examples that highlighted that very subject.

    Long story short, all of the teams, including the Vikes are guilty of this.


    Only difference I can see is that Pats just chose to ignore the memo and continued thier taping efforts.:
    Correct.
    But give it about five minutes.
    The Pats-haters will come back and say that there is no evidence to support this.
    In their mind, Belichick was the one and only person associated with the NFL to break a rule...
    Nope, just the only one to get caught and fined.
    That just makes him a CONFIRMED cheater instead of merely a suspected one.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #46
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not trying to stick up for Belicheat here, however, lets not forget that every team was doing this.
    Thus the memo to quit.
    I've given several examples that highlighted that very subject.

    Long story short, all of the teams, including the Vikes are guilty of this.


    Only difference I can see is that Pats just chose to ignore the memo and continued thier taping efforts.:
    Correct.
    But give it about five minutes.
    The Pats-haters will come back and say that there is no evidence to support this.
    In their mind, Belichick was the one and only person associated with the NFL to break a rule...
    Nope, just the only one to get caught and fined.
    That just makes him a CONFIRMED cheater instead of merely a suspected one.
    THAT I will agree with.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #47
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    It's his OPINION...get it?
    As are your listed 10.
    Fact of the matter is this...there are enough NFL fans who feel the same way as he does and even if you listed 100 other incidents, those NFL fans wouldn't change their minds.
    The coverup by Roger Goodell is what makes it worse than it appears at first blush, but then I wouldn't expect you to understand this.
    I would wager that there are most NFL fans who have moved on than fans who still hold the torch.
    Outside Boston haters and our own lovable conspiracy theorists, most people realize that this had little or nothing to do with any super bowls, and isn't even close to the most egregious incident in sports history.

    I agree that destroying the tapes was a mistake and made it look worse than it is.
    That was a mistake on Goodell's part.
    But I don't accept it as proof that there was something more going on.
    We still have people here who think that Walsh video tapped a walk through before the super bowl, despite the fact that 1) there was no walk through, 2) the additional tapes turned over to the NFL by Walsh didn't have any footage of it, and 3) Walsh himself later said that this rumor wasn't true.
    Yet because some people refuse to accept anything other than the crucifixion of Belichick, they are still convinced that it happened.

    It was the biggest NFL scandal of 2007.
    One of the biggest of the decade in fact.
    But it still paled in comparison to other sports, both in recent history and all time.
    To think that there is some huge cover up because whatever was on those tapes could somehow bring to its knees the most powerful and successful sports league in the world is silly and reeks of paranoia.

    It is time to let it go.
    When the "Love Boat" incident gets let go (which pales by comparison, yet is still mentioned every chance sportswriters get...see the McKinnie articles), then I will let go as well.
    Get ready for several more mentions of it though, because the national media can't let go of the "Love Boat" thing either.
    I think the Love Boat is pretty much gone now.
    It is brought up in relation to McKinnie because he was a major participant (who goes down on a stripper anyway?) and he got in trouble AGAIN.
    There are just as many articles out about Culpepper right now, but it is rarely mentioned.
    There is nothing about Moe Williams either.


    If/When Belichick does something that puts him in the spotlight again, then it is fair game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #48
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not trying to stick up for Belicheat here, however, lets not forget that every team was doing this.
    Thus the memo to quit.
    I've given several examples that highlighted that very subject.

    Long story short, all of the teams, including the Vikes are guilty of this.


    Only difference I can see is that Pats just chose to ignore the memo and continued thier taping efforts.:
    Correct.
    But give it about five minutes.
    The Pats-haters will come back and say that there is no evidence to support this.
    In their mind, Belichick was the one and only person associated with the NFL to break a rule...
    Nope, just the only one to get caught and fined.
    That just makes him a CONFIRMED cheater instead of merely a suspected one.
    THAT I will agree with.
    Which allows us all to preface his name with the word "Cheater", which I fully intend to do for as long as I wish.

    Contrast that with the Roger Clemens saga, where there has still not been any closure to the accusations that he is facing, yet Clemens has gotten bashed infinitely more (by "haters") than any supposed abuse inflicted on Belichick.
    As of now, Clemens is still a SUSPECTED user, nothing more.
    Only the Yankee haters continue to think that they know better.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #49
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    It's his OPINION...get it?
    As are your listed 10.
    Fact of the matter is this...there are enough NFL fans who feel the same way as he does and even if you listed 100 other incidents, those NFL fans wouldn't change their minds.
    The coverup by Roger Goodell is what makes it worse than it appears at first blush, but then I wouldn't expect you to understand this.
    I would wager that there are most NFL fans who have moved on than fans who still hold the torch.
    Outside Boston haters and our own lovable conspiracy theorists, most people realize that this had little or nothing to do with any super bowls, and isn't even close to the most egregious incident in sports history.

    I agree that destroying the tapes was a mistake and made it look worse than it is.
    That was a mistake on Goodell's part.
    But I don't accept it as proof that there was something more going on.
    We still have people here who think that Walsh video tapped a walk through before the super bowl, despite the fact that 1) there was no walk through, 2) the additional tapes turned over to the NFL by Walsh didn't have any footage of it, and 3) Walsh himself later said that this rumor wasn't true.
    Yet because some people refuse to accept anything other than the crucifixion of Belichick, they are still convinced that it happened.

    It was the biggest NFL scandal of 2007.
    One of the biggest of the decade in fact.
    But it still paled in comparison to other sports, both in recent history and all time.
    To think that there is some huge cover up because whatever was on those tapes could somehow bring to its knees the most powerful and successful sports league in the world is silly and reeks of paranoia.

    It is time to let it go.
    When the "Love Boat" incident gets let go (which pales by comparison, yet is still mentioned every chance sportswriters get...see the McKinnie articles), then I will let go as well.
    Get ready for several more mentions of it though, because the national media can't let go of the "Love Boat" thing either.
    I think the Love Boat is pretty much gone now.
    It is brought up in relation to McKinnie because he was a major participant (who goes down on a stripper anyway?) and he got in trouble AGAIN.
    There are just as many articles out about Culpepper right now, but it is rarely mentioned.
    There is nothing about Moe Williams either.


    If/When Belichick does something that puts him in the spotlight again, then it is fair game.
    Spotlight: ANY article that mentions Belichick prominently (e.g., the article that starts off this thread).
    Especially as it is one regarding the policy decision (i.e., radios in defensive players' helmets) that was accelerated by Belichick's confirmed act of cheating.
    Certainly more relevant and interrelated than the "Love Boat" incident (sex) is with the bouncer incident (assault and battery), unless McKinnie is shown to have shoved the pipe up the victim's arse in an attempt to anally rape him.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #50
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not trying to stick up for Belicheat here, however, lets not forget that every team was doing this.
    Thus the memo to quit.
    I've given several examples that highlighted that very subject.

    Long story short, all of the teams, including the Vikes are guilty of this.


    Only difference I can see is that Pats just chose to ignore the memo and continued thier taping efforts.:
    Correct.
    But give it about five minutes.
    The Pats-haters will come back and say that there is no evidence to support this.
    In their mind, Belichick was the one and only person associated with the NFL to break a rule...
    Nope, just the only one to get caught and fined.
    That just makes him a CONFIRMED cheater instead of merely a suspected one.
    THAT I will agree with.
    Which allows us all to preface his name with the word "Cheater", which I fully intend to do for as long as I wish.

    Contrast that with the Roger Clemens saga, where there has still not been any closure to the accusations that he is facing, yet Clemens has gotten bashed infinitely more (by "haters") than any supposed abuse inflicted on Belichick.
    As of now, Clemens is still a SUSPECTED user, nothing more.
    Only the Yankee haters continue to think that they know better.
    That last paragraph is proof that your view is skewed by your personal beliefs.
    People who believe Clemens cheated are "haters."
    But people who think that Belichick had an unfair advantage in three superbowls (despite a similar lack of evidence) are not.
    Does that really make sense to you?
    Can you not see the disparity?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jets fan sues Putzies, Belicheat...LMAO!!!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 06:28 AM
  2. Did Vikings really wear horns on their helmets?
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM
  3. Merchandise - What to wear to the game
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
  4. Todays game on radio?
    By tjohnson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 03:37 PM
  5. Radio station game
    By vikingsalltheway in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 10:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •