Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70
  1. #31
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Remind me of that when we see the next mention of the "Love Boat" incident or I have to keep hearing about ARod this and ARod that from Red Sox fans.
    Belichick made his bed and he gets to lie in it.
    Maybe your six year old is smarter than you think.
    You don't hear or read that on these boards.
    But yet you continue to spew your Anti-Boston venom here, as if we all don't already know your position.

    =Z=
    Deal with it.
    We all have to deal with all of the bullshit that you spew as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #32
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Remind me of that when we see the next mention of the "Love Boat" incident or I have to keep hearing about ARod this and ARod that from Red Sox fans.
    Belichick made his bed and he gets to lie in it.
    Maybe your six year old is smarter than you think.
    You don't hear or read that on these boards.
    But yet you continue to spew your Anti-Boston venom here, as if we all don't already know your position.
    Deal with it.
    We all have to deal with all of the bullshit that you spew as well.
    You chose to justify by bringing up something that doesn't happen here.
    Don't get mad when someone calls you on it.

    And you don't have to deal with all of my bullshit.
    You can Ignore me.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #33
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    It passed "fun" about
    six months ago.
    Now it is about as much fun as the Bring Back Moss and Fire Childress threads.
    Acknowledging that he cheated is one thing.
    Running around yelling "Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater" every time his name is mentioned is something I would expect out of my six year old.
    No way... this is the worst example of cheating in sports history... even worse than Shoeless Joe Jackson throwing the World Series... worse than Pete Rose (who was never actually proven cheating, but ban from the sport anyways). And don't tell me they are, "Completely different situations".... because they aren't... if anything, the Patriots is worse.
    That is so patently ludicrous that it cannot go uncommented.

    The video taping of the opponents defensive signals is NOT worse than:
    1.

    Ben Johnson doping in the 1988 Seoul Olympics
    2.

    East German women's swimming scandal
    3.

    Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal
    4.

    BALCO
    5.

    Richard Petty using an illegal engine to win his 200th race
    6.

    The Black Sox THROWING a World Series
    7.

    Paul Crewe point shaving games as an NFL QB
    8.

    Tim Donaghey's influence on NBA games as a cheating REF
    9.

    Numerous cheating scandals in European football, not the least of which was the match-fixing scandal



    in Serie A in Italy a couple of years back
    10. Rosie Ruiz skipping most of the Boston Marathon

    Your myopic view of sports is kinda sad.

    =Z=
    ALL 11 of those incidents deserve the fans' collective ire. Just because you can list other incidents of cheating doesn't lessen the effect of the Putzie cheating.
    I'll tell you what, let's all just bash whichever incidents of the 11 that we each choose to.
    I look forward to seeing you pound on the other 10, meanwhile I'll stick to the ones that I deem most egregious.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #34
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    I am aware that defensive signals do change, but that knowledge is something that could still help on games AFTER the fact.

    Also, why the hell do you think they burned the tapes???
    If YOU had evidence of just recording signals would your first response after fining the team be "lets just burn them"??????
    NO!
    They were worried those tapes would get out.
    And if they got out they would show evidence of the Pats taping signals from their Superbowl opponents.
    How do you think both the Eagles organization and the Eagles fans would react if they saw a tape of their defensive signals being recorded before Superbowl XXXIX???????
    People would demand rings being taken back, they would demand them for the other team.
    They would call the NFL corrupt.
    The reality is that the NFL and it's fans would be in mass chaos if they found out that the biggest dynasty of the 2000's cheated throughout their entire reign through Superbowls, Playoffs, and Regular season.
    It's not something they would be able to take themselves, so they said "fine, we'll just say you recorded a few regular season tapes, nothing more, then burn the evidence so no one ever sees to what extent you recorded other teams"


  5. #35
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    It passed "fun" about
    six months ago.
    Now it is about as much fun as the Bring Back Moss and Fire Childress threads.
    Acknowledging that he cheated is one thing.
    Running around yelling "Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater" every time his name is mentioned is something I would expect out of my six year old.
    No way... this is the worst example of cheating in sports history... even worse than Shoeless Joe Jackson throwing the World Series... worse than Pete Rose (who was never actually proven cheating, but ban from the sport anyways). And don't tell me they are, "Completely different situations".... because they aren't... if anything, the Patriots is worse.
    That is so patently ludicrous that it cannot go uncommented.

    The video taping of the opponents defensive signals is NOT worse than:
    1.
    Ben Johnson doping in the 1988 Seoul Olympics
    2.
    East German women's swimming scandal
    3.
    Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal
    4.
    BALCO
    5.
    Richard Petty using an illegal engine to win his 200th race
    6.
    The Black Sox THROWING a World Series
    7.
    Paul Crewe point shaving games as an NFL QB
    8.
    Tim Donaghey's influence on NBA games as a cheating REF
    9.
    Numerous cheating scandals in European football, not the least of which was the match-fixing scandal



    in Serie A in Italy a couple of years back
    10. Rosie Ruiz skipping most of the Boston Marathon

    Your myopic view of sports is kinda sad.
    Really? You think all of those are worse? Eh... whatever. I guess we just disagree.

    "8.
    Tim Donaghey's influence on NBA games as a cheating REF" - I don't know how that one slipped my mind.
    The Patriots were shown to have VIDEOTAPED the signals of the defense in several REGULAR SEASON games.

    No evidence was EVER presented that they made use of those tapes, but it would be dumb to think that they didn't, so I don't.

    But, still, I don't see how that could possibly be worse than throwing a World Series, cheating in an Olympic or World Cup fina, or systematically influencing an entire season's worth of games.

    =Z=
    They won three Super Bowls.

    I'll admit that the Olympics (Chinese Gymnasts included) and World Cup are bigger issues, but the throwing of the WS, that was one game/series... we are talking about three Super Bowls.

    And Donaghey's has to be the most vile... it was for pure personal gain. It had nothing to do with either team.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #36
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Remind me of that when we see the next mention of the "Love Boat" incident or I have to keep hearing about ARod this and ARod that from Red Sox fans.
    Belichick made his bed and he gets to lie in it.
    Maybe your six year old is smarter than you think.
    You don't hear or read that on these boards.
    But yet you continue to spew your Anti-Boston venom here, as if we all don't already know your position.
    Deal with it.
    We all have to deal with all of the kaka del rio that you spew as well.
    You chose to justify by bringing up something that doesn't happen here.
    Don't get mad when someone calls you on it.

    And you don't have to deal with all of my kaka del rio.
    You can Ignore me.

    =Z=
    Don't get mad when states their own personal opinion just because you disagree then.

    You can choose to ignore me as well, Zeus.
    It's a two-way street.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #37
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Remind me of that when we see the next mention of the "Love Boat" incident or I have to keep hearing about ARod this and ARod that from Red Sox fans.
    Belichick made his bed and he gets to lie in it.
    Maybe your six year old is smarter than you think.
    You don't hear or read that on these boards.
    But yet you continue to spew your Anti-Boston venom here, as if we all don't already know your position.
    Deal with it.
    We all have to deal with all of the kaka del rio that you spew as well.
    You chose to justify by bringing up something that doesn't happen here.
    Don't get mad when someone calls you on it.

    And you don't have to deal with all of my kaka del rio.
    You can Ignore me.

    =Z=
    Don't get mad when states their own personal opinion just because you disagree then.

    You can choose to ignore me as well, Zeus.
    It's a two-way street.
    He doesn't take well to the obvious.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #38
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    It passed "fun" about
    six months ago.
    Now it is about as much fun as the Bring Back Moss and Fire Childress threads.
    Acknowledging that he cheated is one thing.
    Running around yelling "Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater" every time his name is mentioned is something I would expect out of my six year old.
    No way... this is the worst example of cheating in sports history... even worse than Shoeless Joe Jackson throwing the World Series... worse than Pete Rose (who was never actually proven cheating, but ban from the sport anyways). And don't tell me they are, "Completely different situations".... because they aren't... if anything, the Patriots is worse.
    That is so patently ludicrous that it cannot go uncommented.

    The video taping of the opponents defensive signals is NOT worse than:
    1.

    Ben Johnson doping in the 1988 Seoul Olympics
    2.

    East German women's swimming scandal
    3.

    Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal
    4.

    BALCO
    5.

    Richard Petty using an illegal engine to win his 200th race
    6.

    The Black Sox THROWING a World Series
    7.

    Paul Crewe point shaving games as an NFL QB
    8.

    Tim Donaghey's influence on NBA games as a cheating REF
    9.

    Numerous cheating scandals in European football, not the least of which was the match-fixing scandal



    in Serie A in Italy a couple of years back
    10. Rosie Ruiz skipping most of the Boston Marathon

    Your myopic view of sports is kinda sad.
    ALL 11 of those incidents deserve the fans' collective ire. Just because you can list other incidents of cheating doesn't lessen the effect of the Putzie cheating.
    I'll tell you what, let's all just bash whichever incidents of the 11 that we each choose to.
    I look forward to seeing you pound on the other 10, meanwhile I'll stick to the ones that I deem most egregious.
    I took issue (which didn't seem to get carried forward in the quoted portions) with CMacD's assertion that this was the worst sports cheating in all of history, which it clearly isn't.
    Not based on scope, impact nor penalty.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #39
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    It passed "fun" about
    six months ago.
    Now it is about as much fun as the Bring Back Moss and Fire Childress threads.
    Acknowledging that he cheated is one thing.
    Running around yelling "Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater Cheater" every time his name is mentioned is something I would expect out of my six year old.
    No way... this is the worst example of cheating in sports history... even worse than Shoeless Joe Jackson throwing the World Series... worse than Pete Rose (who was never actually proven cheating, but ban from the sport anyways). And don't tell me they are, "Completely different situations".... because they aren't... if anything, the Patriots is worse.
    That is so patently ludicrous that it cannot go uncommented.

    The video taping of the opponents defensive signals is NOT worse than:
    1.

    Ben Johnson doping in the 1988 Seoul Olympics
    2.

    East German women's swimming scandal
    3.

    Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal
    4.

    BALCO
    5.

    Richard Petty using an illegal engine to win his 200th race
    6.

    The Black Sox THROWING a World Series
    7.

    Paul Crewe point shaving games as an NFL QB
    8.

    Tim Donaghey's influence on NBA games as a cheating REF
    9.

    Numerous cheating scandals in European football, not the least of which was the match-fixing scandal



    in Serie A in Italy a couple of years back
    10. Rosie Ruiz skipping most of the Boston Marathon

    Your myopic view of sports is kinda sad.
    ALL 11 of those incidents deserve the fans' collective ire. Just because you can list other incidents of cheating doesn't lessen the effect of the Putzie cheating.
    I'll tell you what, let's all just bash whichever incidents of the 11 that we each choose to.
    I look forward to seeing you pound on the other 10, meanwhile I'll stick to the ones that I deem most egregious.
    I took issue (which didn't seem to get carried forward in the quoted portions) with CMacD's assertion that this was the worst sports cheating in all of history, which it clearly isn't.
    Not based on scope, impact nor penalty.

    =Z=
    It's his OPINION...get it?
    As are your listed 10.
    Fact of the matter is this...there are enough NFL fans who feel the same way as he does and even if you listed 100 other incidents, those NFL fans wouldn't change their minds.
    The coverup by Roger Goodell is what makes it worse than it appears at first blush, but then I wouldn't expect you to understand this.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #40
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Belicheat noncommital on who will wear radio helmets in game

    Not trying to stick up for Belicheat here, however, lets not forget that every team was doing this.
    Thus the memo to quit.
    I've given several examples that highlighted that very subject.

    Long story short, all of the teams, including the Vikes are guilty of this.


    Only difference I can see is that Pats just chose to ignore the memo and continued thier taping efforts.:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jets fan sues Putzies, Belicheat...LMAO!!!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 06:28 AM
  2. Did Vikings really wear horns on their helmets?
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM
  3. Merchandise - What to wear to the game
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
  4. Todays game on radio?
    By tjohnson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 03:37 PM
  5. Radio station game
    By vikingsalltheway in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 10:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •