Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    I and every Viking fan can hope so cuz after Farve goes it will be 50 years of darkness for Green Bay. We can all hope he just walks off into the shadows when he's finally done.

    What do you mean 50?!?!?!?!

    It has already begun!
    mwahahahahahahah!

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    Fav-re should have retired after the 2004 season.
    Not because I wanted him out of football, but because I wish he could have retired while he was still high on his game.

    Now, three season too late, he is barely a shell of the man that he was in his prime.
    Even if he does finally retire, the story will be punctuated by the past three off seasons of doubt and hype over his possible retirement.
    I don't understand why some players see the need to hang on to their NFL career until they are basically pushed out.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    After Favre and the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI, I certainly thought that they would win a couple of more before he retired.
    Thankfully, that did not happen.
    Maybe he did not have enough talent arround him to win multiple bowls.

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Fav-re should have retired after the 2004 season.
    Not because I wanted him out of football, but because I wish he could have retired while he was still high on his game.

    Now, three season too late, he is barely a shell of the man that he was in his prime.
    Even if he does finally retire, the story will be punctuated by the past three off seasons of doubt and hype over his possible retirement.
    I don't understand why some players see the need to hang on to their NFL career until they are basically pushed out.
    It's called "the need for greed".

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    Does anyone have any figures on how long after Favre is gone, they'll still be paying him what they owe him?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,714
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    The longer he keeps playing the better IMO, every year he plays the worse he gets, yet the cheese dicks still continue to blindly worship him regardless.

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    "scottishvike" wrote:
    The longer he keeps playing the better IMO, every year he plays the worse he gets, yet the cheese whoopdeedoos still continue to blindly worship him regardless.
    As long as he gets the all-time INT record...but misses the all-time TD record, I will be very happy indeed!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    Enjoy my fellow purple faithfull.

    Over the next few years you will see the Puckers fall even deeper into mediocrity, ticket sales will start slipping, all the Pucker fans will crawl into a hole and disapear.

    I love it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    Favre's only chance to win another championship would be to resurrect Reggie White (in his prime, no less) to get another Super Bowl ring for Favre (like he did the FIRST time...Reggie was ROBBED of the Super Bowl MVP...since he was the REAL reason that the Pukers won it in the 90s).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Beginning of the End for Favre???

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Fav-re should have retired after the 2004 season.
    Not because I wanted him out of football, but because I wish he could have retired while he was still high on his game.

    Now, three season too late, he is barely a shell of the man that he was in his prime.
    Even if he does finally retire, the story will be punctuated by the past three off seasons of doubt and hype over his possible retirement.
    I don't understand why some players see the need to hang on to their NFL career until they are basically pushed out.
    It's called "the need for greed".
    No it's not.
    Do you honestly think Favre is hanging around for more money?

    Superstar athletes staying beyond their time isn't a phenomena restricted to the NFL.
    It happens with the NBA, MLB, boxing, tennis, auto racing, soccer, etc. etc. etc.
    In some cases (mostly the boxing, IMHO) it is about money.
    But in Favre's case, I don't think there's any way that can be said.
    He's got more money than he'll ever need, unless he's been a total bonehead with it, and if he was, that's something we would have heard about long ago.

    No - this is more about the competitive nature of the elite athlete.
    To be one of the best ever at the most elite position in American sports, you must be driven by the competition and the desire to win.
    For athletes in those positions, the thought of leaving that must be terribly frightening.
    Favre pursued this passion for 30 years - and now, facing the end of it, it's no wonder that he wavers in his decision.
    And that the passionate side wins out.

    We've seen this story a thousand times over the years (Montana in KC, OJ in SF, Reggie White in Carolina, etc. etc.).

    Most of us will never be part of that sort of an elite group, so we can't understand.
    We can continue playing beer-league softball into our 50s - because no one gives a shit as long as you remember not to pump the keg too much.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KAO beginning to kick?
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
  2. Dez White: A new beginning
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 02:41 PM
  3. A New Beginning
    By umaguma1979 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 05:45 AM
  4. The curse is beginning!!
    By VKG4LFE in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:38 PM
  5. Beginning to believe that this team is cursed...
    By 841623speed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 04:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •