Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Bears whining about R. Bush

KFFL
    Bears | Players angry at Bush’s taunting during championship game
    Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:29:58 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports teammates of Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher were very angry with the taunt performed by New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush as he pointed at the pursuing Urlacher during his 88-yard touchdown reception in Sunday's NFC Championship Game Jan. 21. "I told Reggie that was unprofessional," DE Adewale Ogunleye said. "He's a rookie and he's going to be a hell of a player in this league. But for him to point back and taunt, that was no class. I swear I was a second away from punching him. I'm glad I didn't. I ran right to him and said, 'Be professional in this league.'" Center Olin Kreutz agreed. "He's a young idiot, just a guy who doesn't understand that you have to earn the right to do that," Kreutz said. Bush's score was topped off with a flip into the end zone and a celebratory dance afterward. Bush was later apologetic for his antics.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

Re: Bears whining about R. Bush

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports teammates of Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher were very angry with the taunt performed by New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush as he pointed at the pursuing Urlacher during his 88-yard touchdown reception in Sunday's NFC Championship Game Jan. 21. "I told Reggie that was unprofessional," DE Adewale Ogunleye said. "He's a rookie and he's going to be a hell of a player in this league. But for him to point back and taunt, that was no class. I swear I was a second away from punching him. I'm glad I didn't. I ran right to him and said, 'Be professional in this league.'" Center Olin Kreutz agreed. "He's a young idiot, just a guy who doesn't understand that you have to earn the right to do that," Kreutz said. Bush's score was topped off with a flip into the end zone and a celebratory dance afterward. Bush was later apologetic for his antics.

Olin Kreutz calling someone an idiot? LMFAO! This is the same guy that breaks his teamates jaw at a BBQ forcing him to miss game time. What a joke.

Ogunleye? The same guy that does his little shimmy and show after making a sack?

STFU.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

It was pretty funny hearing the Bears whine about what Reggie Bush did, get over it, jeez.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I was arguing this point with my dad yesterday.. Its ok for the Bears to dance, and taunt when they get a int, or sack right? As soon as someone else does something, they can't handle it..

All Bush was saying is that the Bears have a highly respected defense, and Urlacher is a highly respected LB, and the team as a whole couldn't catch him.. He had every right to celebrate that long TD in the NFC Championship game.. He has nothing to be sorry for..

Also, it is no different then Devin Hester dancing after his TD's.. If they said something about earning it, I would assume Kreutz said that because he is a rookie.. Well, Hester is a rookie, and I don't see them getting all over him.. My dad then said, Lovie Smith got on Hester for that.. I said then he should get on the rest of the team for complaining about something from a different player, and praising their player for doing the same thing..

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

I was wondering why he didn't get a unsportsmen like penalty for pointing back. I was laughing about it, because he did it to the Bears. If he did that against us, I probably would of been pi$$ed.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It was not unsportsmanlike.
    Criminey, the Bears were just whining because a rookie showed them up on the play.
    Let him have his moment.

If anyone could complain it would be Urlacher.
    But he's not, so his teammates need to STFU.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

Some reporter sticks a microphone in Kreutz's face and asks about Bush pointing and flipping and all that - and Kreutz answers the reporter and that's whining?

Set up for failure, in Prophet's mind, no matter what he does.
    If he's a jerk and doesn't answer, he's a jerk.
    If he does, he's a whiner.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

If he held the football out behind him in a taunting manner, I can maybe sympathize with the Bears a tiny bit, but stuff like that happens all the time and it's part of the game.

I don't care how "respected" a player you are, sometimes you're gonna get taunted by a young player from time to time.

You'd think these players would be accustomed to smack talk, sack/big play dances on the field by now...

Just shut up Chicago Bears, and hurry up and lose in Super Bowl XLI.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    Some reporter sticks a microphone in Kreutz's face and asks about Bush pointing and flipping and all that - and Kreutz answers the reporter and that's whining?

=Z=
    There are a lot of things he could have said without sounding like a crybaby.
    How about "Whatever, think of how much that taunt would have meant to him if the Saints had actually won... See you in Miami!"
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

=Z=
    So what he was asked a question. Millions of ways to answer it and he goes on about R.Bush being an idiot? You have to earn the right to do that when his rookie teamates do the same thing LMAO!

One guy said he was a second away from punching him.......

Sounds like they were pretty butt hurt about it to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast