Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

the bears weakness on defense.

Guys, the bears are 8-3, but there is a way to beat this team. Offensively, they dont scare me even if they have the second best o line in football. Defensively, I know how to stop them.

First of all, you can see that the bears secondary and outside linebackers are the defenses weakness even though it doesnt look like it. Charles TIllman and Nathan Vasher, although are pretty decent corners, DONT HAVE the speed and cover skills to cover 1 on 1. Teams need to start using max protect on the bears by sending 3 guys and keeping 8 in. Alex Brown and Adewale Ogunleye are the bears best playmakers this year even though Urlacher still gets credit. Teams need to keep a tight end to keep Alex Brown on the line because he is one of the best defensive ends in the league right now. Test the bears secondary and olb's with tight ends and receivers. Mike Brown is a good hitter, but he isnt very fast or athletic. If you guys saw the bucs game yesterday, joey galloway and alex smith were exploiting the bears pass coverage, something the bears arent that great at. Chris Harris, the rookie free safety is solid, but teams should really test his side. IF you shut down their pass rush, the bears defense has gone from great to average. Pounding at Urlacher and Hillenmeyer are good ideas also. Although Brian Urlacher is a great pursuit tackler, he shys away from contact, and putting a body on urlacher takes away most of the bears speed. Hillenmeyer is a solid player, but he isnt the reason for teams worries. Briggs is good, but doesnt have the speed that most good olbs are coveted for.

The main point is, the defensive line of the bears is what is making them win games and giving them the title of being better than the 85 bears.
    the keys are:

Double Alex Brown
    Pick on charles tillman
    get a big bodied player on vasher or someone in the flat.

I do beleive that the bears can be beaten if their defens is exploited in the right ways. After their defensive line, the skill level of the bears starts to decrease.

ANy suggestions??

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: the bears weakness on defense.

woah! nice first post dude! welcome!

yeah i agree.

Go vikes!!

Welcome aboard and good first post.

thanks guys,

me being from Chicago, all I hear about is the bears as superbowl contenders and its really sickening me. Dont get me wrong, they are a good team, but they have so many weaknesses on defense that need to be exploited.

SamDawg84 Guest

i want to see the bears play the colts lol

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with that whole hardidly. I was thinking the exact thing the other day. They do give up large amounts of yards through the air so test them. Max protection is exactly what i had in mind when we play them. Get those TE's in there, get klinny in there all to protect johnson. I think it can be done. Stop the pass rush because it all starts up front, those guys are getting to the QB before the WR's are turning around for there routes.

Good post napo!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya good post man. Any team's defense can be beat. However we as fans see these weaknesses, I'm pretty sure coaches do to. Its alot easier said then done. They have a scary defense.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

yeah i mean tillman, vasher, brown and chris harris are no Anotine, Fred, BWill, Corey Chavous, Darren Sharper Dovonte Edwards and Ralph Brown lol.

The Bears were SO close to being exploited yesterday. They only scored one touchdown after they picked up a fumble within 5 yards of the goal line. Lets hope, now that the Pack is done, they can muster a little magic next Sunday.

it was surprising how chris simms kept on throwinf it to alex browns side all game yesterday when all alex brown was doing was jumping up and tipping it away.

Lets hope Favre rockets those ball so if Alex Brown Or Adewale Ogunleye try to knock it down, their fingers will be smashed off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast