Prophet Guest

Bears | T. Jones PUPed

KFFL
    Bears | T. Jones placed on PUP list
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:12:00 -0700

John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears RB Thomas Jones (hamstring) has been placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list after tweaking his hamstring during his physical. He was not in uniform Thursday, July 27, for the team's first practice of training camp.

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Bears | T. Jones PUPed

"Tweaking"? Since when do they put someone on the PUP list for merely "tweaking" a hamstring? Methinks this has more to do with Jones skipping one of the voluntary camps than an actual injury...

Anybody else wanna borrow my tinfoil hat? I gots extras!
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

if this was in the regular season, he would probably be playing.

but since its camp, they take bigger precautions. guessing.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Prophet Guest

Suspicious. It sounds too Bennettesque, an NFL RB getting hurt during their physical. My grandma just returned from her physical yesterday and she was playing Bridge that afternoon.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    Suspicious. It sounds too Bennettesque, an NFL RB getting hurt during their physical. My grandma just returned from her physical yesterday and she was playing Bridge that afternoon.
    lol....Maybe T Jones is all butthurt that Cedric Benson will get more reps. Jones wants to be THE featured back, but Cedric will make it interesting

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I live in Chicago and I get all the Bears news and Lovie Smith said that Cedric Benson would be getting most of the carries and that Thomas would be second on the depth chart.

I think this is a cover-up for the reason Benson will be #1

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

probably, he was complaining about not getting the money he wanted right? well, then this is what he gets for taking that for granted, the bench =)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You never want to see someone get hurt...but that is just too funny!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

How do you hurt yourself during a physical, did he teak it when the doc told him to couch? I fell out of bed last night and hurt my coxicks but that doesn't keep me from doing stuff.

Prophet Guest

POSTED 11:25 p.m. EDT, July 27, 2006; LAST UPDATED 12:08 a.m. EDT, July 28, 2006
    MORE ON JONES INJURY
    pft.com

As it turns out, the hamstring injury suffered by Bears running back Thomas Jones is legit. But it didn't happen while he was taking a physical.

Instead, the injury occurred while Jones was performing a conditioning test. In Chicago, players who miss the offseason workout program are required to pass such a test before practicing.

Jones and linebacker Lance Briggs were the two Bears who took the test. Briggs was fine, but Jones pulled up with the injury.

A league source estimates that Jones will likely miss a week to 10 days, possibly a bit shorter and possibly a bit longer.

"He is hurting himself, not the team," said the source. "With every day he misses, he gives [Cedric] Benson more and more reps at the No. 1 spot."

Last year, a protracted holdout enabled Jones to sink his teeth into the job, propelling him to the kind of season that made him unhappy, and that caused him to skip the voluntary offseason workout program. And that put him in position to get hurt during the conditioning test. And that allowed Benson to get the training camp reps that he didn't get in 2005.