Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bears set up early nfc north showdown

I'm looking at Webby's" front page article...

the crowd came alive after a few dull quarters of defensive ball...What should give every Vikings fan pause was that our defense, porous for a decade, raised its levels to match the efforts of Carolina's defense.
    I have said before and I'll say it again here, the future of the Minnesota Vikings under Coach Childress is going to be "dull quarters of defensive ball" -- Offensively there will be lots of running plays and a few passes here and there. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE EXCITING FOOTBALL but I believe it's going to be winning football. But I predict that even if the Vikes keep winning if scores remain close and low, like they have been (and you can bet they will be) many fans are going to rise up and demand more long passes and more "fakery" to produce a few long, exciting runs. That's the nature of Minnesota fans.
    But today's Vikes are not the Vikes of the past unless you go back to early in the
    Bud Grant era.
    With that said, I expect another defensive game with the Bears. They bring one of league's leading defenses into the Metrodome and a much improved offense under the direction of Rex Grossman. Minnesota's hope is to pressure Grossman A LOT and to stop the Chicago run (which should be a whale of a lot easier than stopping Grossman).
    I think one of the other "keys" to the game will be Marcus Johnson. He will again face a top tight end in Ogunleye. The performance of our offense could depend on this one factor stopping Ogunleye.
    But in the end, I think Chicago is still gonna win this game in a "dull defensive battle" 21-13.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

crazydave is offline Waterboy

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The VIKINGS are gonna surprise alot of people on Sunday...mainly the Bears!!!
    I don't think so

Prophet Guest

"crazydave" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't think so
    You both bring good arguments to the table.
    You make it tough for the peasants to decide.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Such a brilliant rebuttal by crazydave.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

i am sure if johnson has trouble again that this will be already worked in with their scheme, maybe have jimmy in there to help out..so not overly concerned as our line will protect brad and give him some time
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

I love it. Bears fans are starting to believe that they are a dominating top tier
    team. They think rex is an elite quarterback. They are just a little overconfident. Hello anybody in there? You just put the smack down on al harris ahmad carroll and the lions. Wowzers thats impressive. Yeah that same greenbay team that gave up 350 yards through the air to new orleans. Yup your defense is good, ill give you that. The offense hasn't proved a thing. Having the bears come into teh dome against a decent team should give a dose of reality to them. Anybody else catch that Ahman Friggin Green ran for 110 yards against them?

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

I watched the game ahman green prttey much ran wild 4.5 yard average and the green bay o-line is a lot worse that ours

Prophet Guest

The Packers had two rookies on their O-line last time I checked.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"crazydave" wrote:
    I don't think so
    Nice insight.
    Too busy pounding old style and eating bratwurst to type more than a 6 year old could muster up?
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"crazydave" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't think so
    Well, I DO!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast