Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    CynicalVike is offline Starter

Re: Bears rock the North

I posted this over a week ago, and still feel the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is talking about their defense, but I just don't see it. They aren't playing that tough of a schedule. The strongest offense they have faced this year was Cin.(3rd) and they lost that game. After that, the strongest offense they have beaten this year is ranked 16th. the rest are all ranked 25,27,26,32,21,and 24th. The strongest they still have to play is ranked 10th.

If they can beat Pittsburg and G.B. on the road as well as Atlanta at home, I will give them some props, but till then....no way.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

BearsTroll is offline Rookie

i cant buy into the streangth of schedule stuff, and what the opponents are like stuff because they dont make their schedule... and many people cite how bad the bears offense is but they have played against teams ranked 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 10th on D, so maybe the D isnt as good as the hype, but the O has been averaging over 100 yards rushing against all these good Ds so maybe they arnt as big of a weakness

Poor randy

vikessuck is offline Waterboy

i have a request...can the bears borrow brad johnson for the rest of the season? kyle orton is playing about as bad as a quarterback can but the bears still manage to win games. to his credit the system hes playing in is awful but his performance against the packers was even worse. thank you o-line, jones, peterson, and the #1 ranked defense for bailing his sorry ass out once again. if changes arent made there will be a disaster around the corner. get rex grossmans arm loose cuz the bears are gonna need him if they want any shot of making noise in the nfc. 5 in a row for the vikes? ok your starting to scare me u can stop now
    Da Bears

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Hey BearTroll,

by the time that your team comes to Minnesota to play the Vikes, You guys will be competing with the cowboys for a WILD CARD birth. Good luck with the Steelers on the road buddy.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

The Bears and Vikes should beat the Steelers. The Steelers are going down hill. The QB is dinged up and the mighty 'D' looks rather flat. However the Bears do have to play at their house so that might play a major factor.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Pittsburg is a blitzing team, and they will be coming with everything against the Bear's running game and forcing Orton to make the plays with his arm.

As for the "great defense", the BUS will probably be rolling on schedule that day.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"BearsTroll" wrote:
    i cant buy into the streangth of schedule stuff, and what the opponents are like stuff because they dont make their schedule... and many people cite how bad the bears offense is but they have played against teams ranked 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 10th on D, so maybe the D isnt as good as the hype, but the O has been averaging over 100 yards rushing against all these good Ds so maybe they arnt as big of a weakness
    you're pretty good with coming up with excuses. the bears offense is one of the weakest in the nfl and will catch up to you all sooner or later.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Bears are good no doubt.. I truley think it's a toss up right now.. We are a balanced team.. We move the ball and have a very good D as of right now.. You guys are ALL D

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"BearsTroll" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    Luck....How about returning a missed field goal kick thats luck.
    i was pointing out how you guys see all the bears wins as either lucky or against poor teams, while the exact same thing can be said for the vikes
    I will admit that the Vikings win over the Giants was a little crazy. But come on here buddy take a look at your own team!

You're Defense is for real I take absolutely nothing away from them but at some point you guys are going to face a team that actually has an offense and it will expose some of the weaknesses on your D. My roommate, a bears fan, told me an interesting stat. The Bears Offense has 17 TD's this year only 5 of which was not from a TO. The is a pretty sorry stat for your O and dont see how you are going to be able to compete with any of the top teams in the NFC.

108 yard FG return for a TD (won the game by a TD)

A 29 yard FG MISSED by TB that would have tied the game.

Against the pack you take away the returns of about 80 yards and 60 on the 2 INT's and that means you guys dont get 10 points and we'll just say the pack only get 3. that still puts them up on you. Not to mention they had almost 400 yards in offense against you.

9-6 against Balitmore
    20-17 against NO (last second FG)

Am I nervous about the Vikings vs Bears game? Yes! Do I still think we are going to lose that game? More than likely!

But you coming in here spewing all the manure be able to take the good with the bad and dont make pathetic excuses for other people's points

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"BearsTroll" wrote:
    The O and D need to rest. If the Bears 'D' has to carry the weight then the thing to do is drag out the Bear defense into a 12 round heavy weight fight. Just run the 'D' into the ground. It's not hard to accomplish and the Vikings with Brad Johnson can do that. The Minnesota 'D' may not be on the level of the Bears 'D' but it's above average enough to slow down Thomas Jones and force Kyle to throw.

The Bears are using Kyle well and don't need him to win games. The key to beating them is to make Kyle's arm try and win the game.

The Bears could drop the game against the Steelers just because it's at the Steelers house. Otherwise I favor the Bears still on this game.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456