Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Bears' Matt Forte making first impression an ever-lasting one

"gregair13" wrote:
    I was going to say that AP isn't in on 3rd downs for a reason, but passing situations seemed to make more sense.
    yeah usually because we have a dumbass coach who insists, at times, on taking out a game changing player and thereby helping the opposition.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    I was going to say that AP isn't in on 3rd downs for a reason, but passing situations seemed to make more sense.
    yeah usually because we have a dumbass coach who insists, at times, on taking out a game changing player and thereby helping the opposition.
    Like Taylor is a bad back?

Keep your players fresh, Ctay to me is a proven back
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Randy" wrote:
    "Rambro" wrote:
    While it's irritating to see him try and put Forte's rookie season over Peterson's, gol 'darnit near everyone knows it's not true, ask alot of people and they'd take Peterson 1, but Forte definitely comes in 2nd out of RBs you would want right now. But Forte is a beast, I didnt think he would be that good cause he looks small but he isn't.
    I think that Steve Slaton is the real rookie RB to watch.
    He has much better numbers that the other rookie backs.
    Slaton
    Chris Johnson (Titans)
    Johnathan Stewart (Panthers).... shares carries with D. Williams or his # of yards would be HUGE

All are far better than Forte

What I find funny is during draft and in pre-season the "analysts" talked about Darren McFadden being the next AD.... ha ha ha.
    I think I'd put Johnathan Stewart behind Forte, but I agree that Slaton and Johnson are better rookie backs.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Randy" wrote:
    "Rambro" wrote:
    While it's irritating to see him try and put Forte's rookie season over Peterson's, gol 'darnit near everyone knows it's not true, ask alot of people and they'd take Peterson 1, but Forte definitely comes in 2nd out of RBs you would want right now. But Forte is a beast, I didnt think he would be that good cause he looks small but he isn't.
    I think that Steve Slaton is the real rookie RB to watch.
    He has much better numbers that the other rookie backs.
    Slaton
    Chris Johnson (Titans)
    Johnathan Stewart (Panthers).... shares carries with D. Williams or his # of yards would be HUGE

All are far better than Forte

What I find funny is during draft and in pre-season the "analysts" talked about Darren McFadden being the next AD.... ha ha ha.
    I think I'd put Johnathan Stewart behind Forte, but I agree that Slaton and Johnson are better rookie backs.

Agreed

I think Stewert has more potential.. But Forte right now is the man.. He does a little of everything pretty well

Stewert is the power runner.. he will develop into a damn good back though

94SupraTT is offline Waterboy

Nice to see objective fans from a rival team. Peterson as a runner is on a totally different level than Forte. Forte however is a more rounded player. Hopefully in the offseason we upgrade our oline. That is something I don't see anyone mentioning in this thread. Chicago's offensive line is terrible at run blocking. Kreutz is past is prime and our LT has no business playing LT. Our LG is undersized and has trouble opening holes. Forte's numbers could be quite a bit better if he were behind a better line. That said its nice to see him do well considering how bad our line is.

Peterson is IMO, the most exciting running back in the league. He is fast, physical and a threat to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. When he was drafted I had a few choice words because I knew it would be like Barry vs the Bears all over again. I tell my boys (all 3 are running backs) that you RUN the ball like AD.
    Here is a clip of my middle son running hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx4lCLQhh2Y&fmt=18

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"94SupraTT" wrote:
    Nice to see objective fans from a rival team. Peterson as a runner is on a totally different level than Forte. Forte however is a more rounded player. Hopefully in the offseason we upgrade our oline. That is something I don't see anyone mentioning in this thread. Chicago's offensive line is terrible at run blocking. Kreutz is past is prime and our LT has no business playing LT. Our LG is undersized and has trouble opening holes. Forte's numbers could be quite a bit better if he were behind a better line. That said its nice to see him do well considering how bad our line is.

Peterson is IMO, the most exciting running back in the league. He is fast, physical and a threat to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. When he was drafted I had a few choice words because I knew it would be like Barry vs the Bears all over again. I tell my boys (all 3 are running backs) that you RUN the ball like AD.
    Here is a clip of my middle son running hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx4lCLQhh2Y&fmt=18
    Great first post, welcome to the site, and nice choice in cars based on your username!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

94SupraTT is offline Waterboy

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "94SupraTT" wrote:

Great first post, welcome to the site, and nice choice in cars based on your username!
    Thanks man!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"94SupraTT" wrote:

Thanks! I agree with everything you said.
    It's nice to have a Bears fan on here. I don't think there are a lot of 'em on here either. I know it has nothing to do with the subjecy, but I'm sick af all the witless trash talking between rival teams. Most of those people are just premature kids that loves attention. They don't care if the attention is negative or positive as long as they get a response.

You should post more, it's always nice to have an opinion from the outside.

PS: I saw the clip of your son and I gotta say: WOW! He looks great. It looked way too easy seeing him run. He runs really fast. Who knows, maybe he could be the next "All Day" ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123