Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Bears get another decent wideout.

As far as the bears go, they will take a RB of DJ. If the RB they want is gone, they might look at DJ. Lovie smith loves D and DJ would be very tempting to him. RB will probably be their pick though.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"BleedGoldnPurple" wrote:
    Y wud tampa get 2 Wr's in the draft 2 years in a row dude nah we shud get williams if we dont its a failure no edwards hes a docuhe
    One highlight from last year tells me all I need to know about Braylon Edwards. He was wide open on the sideline caught about a 10-15 yard pass that was thrown right to him, and he caught in one handed. He could have used two hands, but he chose to catch it one handed.

Cris Carter and Randy Moss's one - handed catch were not routine catches, they were catches where they had no other option but to go for the one handed catch.

When I saw Edwards do that, and then was shocked to see that play near the top of the top plays on sportscenter the next morning, it tells me a couple things, 1) he's overrated 2) he's a showboat 3) he's not the smartest guy in the world.

That catch could have and should have been simply a routine catch, but he chose to take a big risk on it. I don't want someone on the Vikings doing stupid things next year for no reason, especially at WR. Besides, something about Mike Williams just reminds me of Moss. Hard to put a finger on it, but I remember the way Moss was talked about before the 98 draft, and a lot of the same things that were said about Moss, the positive and negative, are being said about Williams.

If Williams and Edwards are both there at #7, we have to take Williams.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "BleedGoldnPurple" wrote:
    Y wud tampa get 2 Wr's in the draft 2 years in a row dude nah we shud get williams if we dont its a failure no edwards hes a docuhe
    One highlight from last year tells me all I need to know about Braylon Edwards. He was wide open on the sideline caught about a 10-15 yard pass that was thrown right to him, and he caught in one handed. He could have used two hands, but he chose to catch it one handed.

Cris Carter and Randy Moss's one - handed catch were not routine catches, they were catches where they had no other option but to go for the one handed catch.

When I saw Edwards do that, and then was shocked to see that play near the top of the top plays on sportscenter the next morning, it tells me a couple things, 1) he's overrated 2) he's a showboat 3) he's not the smartest guy in the world.

That catch could have and should have been simply a routine catch, but he chose to take a big risk on it. I don't want someone on the Vikings doing stupid things next year for no reason, especially at WR. Besides, something about Mike Williams just reminds me of Moss. Hard to put a finger on it, but I remember the way Moss was talked about before the 98 draft, and a lot of the same things that were said about Moss, the positive and negative, are being said about Williams.

If Williams and Edwards are both there at #7, we have to take Williams.

I wouldn't hold 1 catch against edwards. However, michigan is my favorite college team and I have been watching edwards play very closely. I am a little worried about him having an attitude problem when he gets into the NFL. I watched him when things weren't going well or when he was open and didn't get the ball, and he acted a little like moss has acted in the same situations here. I am not saying he will have an attitude like moss, but I did see some signs.

I have never seen any signs of that from mike williams. He is absolutely a team player and has no attitude problems at all.

I think mike would be a better fit, but edwards would not be a bad pick for us either. Tice would just have to point out to edwards, that we just got rid of a WR with an attitude problem, and we don't want another one.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I'm so sick of everyone ripping Moss for a bad "attitude". I respect the guy. He called it like he saw it. Red McCombs was a cheap a$$. McCombs traded Moss. Period.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I'm so sick of everyone ripping Moss for a bad "attitude". I respect the guy. He called it like he saw it. Red McCombs was a cheap a$$. McCombs traded Moss. Period.

He's my favorite player, but I am not blind. He walked off the field with 2 seconds left and pissed off his teammates. Wether we think it was a big deal or not, which I didn't, he pissed off his teammates. Then he said that he didn't care what birk and his teammates thought and that he might do it again, even after knowing he pissed his teammates off. Sorry, but he did have an attitude problem and that is why Tice and company got rid of him. I still think he is the best WR in the game and he is still my favorite player, but if he wants to be the best WR ever, passing jerry rice, he needs an attiude adjustment.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mike Williams has an awesome attitude.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

He's my favorite player, but I am not blind. He walked off the field with 2 seconds left and pissed off his teammates. Wether we think it was a big deal or not, which I didn't, he pissed off his teammates. Then he said that he didn't care what birk and his teammates thought and that he might do it again, even after knowing he pissed his teammates off. Sorry, but he did have an attitude problem and that is why Tice and company got rid of him. I still think he is the best WR in the game and he is still my favorite player, but if he wants to be the best WR ever, passing jerry rice, he needs an attiude adjustment.
    He made it up the next week to beat the packers IN green bay, in the playoffs, with an injury, with heart, and gave the pack fans a dose of their own medicine (near the goal post).

THIS IS A BUSINESS OF WINNING. Moss wants that more than McCombs does. McCombs would move our team to LA in a heartbeat, if he could. McCombs wants money, only. HE DOESN"T CARE.

Moss made a slight mistake, whatever. What else ya got?!?!

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

He made it up the next week to beat the packers IN green bay, in the playoffs, with an injury, with heart, and gave the pack fans a dose of their own medicine (near the goal post).

THIS IS A BUSINESS OF WINNING. Moss wants that more than McCombs does. McCombs would move our team to LA in a heartbeat, if he could. McCombs wants money, only. HE DOESN"T CARE.

He made a mistake that he said he might do again. He pissed off his teammates and said he didn't care what they thought. That is a big deal, not a small mistake. We had to trade him, because a lot of his teammates that he pissed off said they wouldn't play with him on the team next year.

You need a team to win the super bowl and NE has showed this to everybody. This year, we will have a team, provided we don't add anymore guys with attitudes.

You can hate mccombs all you want, but the moss trade is not only because of mccombs, that is a totally different subject.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:

He made a mistake that he said he might do again. He pissed off his teammates and said he didn't care what they thought. That is a big deal, not a small mistake. We had to trade him, because a lot of his teammates that he pissed off said they wouldn't play with him on the team next year.

You need a team to win the super bowl and NE has showed this to everybody. This year, we will have a team, provided we don't add anymore guys with attitudes.

You can hate mccombs all you want, but the moss trade is not only because of mccombs, that is a totally different subject.
    If he was that bad, then why are current and former Raider teammates that played with Moss, giving Moss the thumbs up??

I wish we had traded him to a team in our division. If he's as bad a cancer to the team as you suggest, wouldn't we have benifited from trading him in our division? -HECK NO!! McCombs traded him as far away as he could!!! If he could have traded him to NFL Europe, he would've.

What else ya got??

I could care less what current raiders players say about moss. I care about current vikes players. If they are pissed and don't wanna play with him anymore, than he has to go, period.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast