Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bears get another decent wideout.

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I dont think Edwards will be a bust.. he is fast and pretty tall.. He has great hands and runs good routes... he had good numbers on a run first team and with a rook QB.. If i were to sayWilliams or Edwards would be a bust id have to say Williams.. he is not too quick but he is tall and catches everything but he hasnt played f-ball in a long butt time
    Long butt...heh, heh!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Tennessee could also be going corner pretty easily. They lost Rolle and I don't know what the deal is with Dyson, but I don't think he will be a Titan next year.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

I think Tennessee will take CB at #6, but I think that Tampa Bay will take Williams leaving us with Edwards.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Nah, i think wideout more since what, they only got two proven receivers and thats it. Sure they lost corners but you need more receivers than corners. Remember you usually cant place four corners on the field like you can place four receivers on the field.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Nah, i think wideout more since what, they only got two proven receivers and thats it. Sure they lost corners but you need more receivers than corners. Remember you usually cant place four corners on the field like you can place four receivers on the field.
    I would tend to disagree...our record the last several years shows what having subpar CBs can do to a team...I am much happier now that we have two stud CBs then I was when we had Randy...I know that it sounds weird, but I was so sick of teams burning us for TDs where we always had to play catchup...no more, we will be beating teams with our defense next year!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

I can see Tennessee taking a WR or CB, I don't care too much since I want DJ anyways.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    I would tend to disagree...our record the last several years shows what having subpar CBs can do to a team...I am much happier now that we have two stud CBs then I was when we had Randy...I know that it sounds weird, but I was so sick of teams burning us for TDs where we always had to play catchup...no more, we will be beating teams with our defense next year!!!
    Thats true but but the titans arent us. Man, we also seem to be screwed when it comes to defense. I hope to god our defense doesnt screw us over again even though we got many quality free agents to flock here and sign with us.

I still see them going wide receiver over corner. Supposidly the corner positon is stacked so they could take take a corner in the second. Receivers position isint as stacked so they must take what is there.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

BleedGoldnPurple is offline Training Camp

Y wud tampa get 2 Wr's in the draft 2 years in a row dude nah we shud get williams if we dont its a failure no edwards hes a docuhe

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

As far as the Bears have Mushin now...

You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Tenn is a wildcard in the 1st round and who they pick wil determine what we get.

People say they go WR forsure, but I am not so sure about that. They need good players at a ton of positions and their coach has always been about D first. They have always had a good D and an offense that did enough to win. Last year, they saw that having a bad D and a good offense, wasn't the way to go. They need help D and there will be 2 very good CB's at 6, that could come in and make an impact for their D next season. They also have bennett and calico that are too pretty good WR's, provided calico is recovered form his injury. They will have an early pick in the 2nd round, and that is where I think they look at WR. This draft has some good WR's that will go in the 2nd round, but really no good CB's that will go in the 2nd. This, and with how bad the titans D was last year, makes me actually believe they go D with pick 6. I know I have been saying all offseason that they will take mike, I now think that is less likely to happen, but still could. I know if we do stay at 7 and mike is still there when they pick at 6, I will be going crazy worrying about them taking BMW. I just think taking a D player would benifit their team better.

A wildcard pick for them could be a QB. If smith or rogers falls to them at 6, they could look at taking one of them, to replace mcnair. They are clearly in a rebuilding stage, and taking a good young QB, would be exactly something you do when you are rebuilding. I still see a D player or WR being taken before a QB, by them, but I wouldn't rule it out, even with how good volek played last year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast