Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BearsTroll is offline Rookie

Re: Bears "D" overrated?

"napo58" wrote:
    bears troll, charles tillman is crap. He gets burned every single play and hits like a girl. All ur db's are overrated. Hillenmeyer and Briggs are decent starting linebackers and Brian Urlacher is too weak to take on linemen. good, but definitely overrated. If i had to find one positive thing about ur d, its that ur d line is probably one of the best i have ever seen. Alex Brown is for real, so is tommie harris and ogunleye. Ian Scott, Boone and Tank Johnson are great interior tackles that get a good pass rush.

Without lovie and ron rivera however, the lack of talent in ur secondary and outside linebackers would definitely show. The 4 guys up front save everyones jiggly butt on d.
    thats sad, if you cant see any talent on our D besides the line I guess the vikes D must be terrible, because their linbackers couldent even hold urlachers jockstrap

Poor randy

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"BearsTroll" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:
    bears troll, charles tillman is crap. He gets burned every single play and hits like a girl. All ur db's are overrated. Hillenmeyer and Briggs are decent starting linebackers and Brian Urlacher is too weak to take on linemen. good, but definitely overrated. If i had to find one positive thing about ur d, its that ur d line is probably one of the best i have ever seen. Alex Brown is for real, so is tommie harris and ogunleye. Ian Scott, Boone and Tank Johnson are great interior tackles that get a good pass rush.

Without lovie and ron rivera however, the lack of talent in ur secondary and outside linebackers would definitely show. The 4 guys up front save everyones jiggly butt on d.
    thats sad, if you cant see any talent on our D besides the line I guess the vikes D must be terrible, because their linbackers couldent even hold urlachers jockstrap
    Nice arguement troll. How old are you again?
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

14 and a half

Poor randy

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Brian D-icktaker is not all that. I can name a few other lbs I rank over him. Z Thomas, Lewis, McGinest, Bruschi, Spikes, Porter. Not saying he is no good, but dont give him too much credit. He cant cover TEs like lewis or bruschi. The only time he is any good is during blitzes. Urlacher couldnt hold singletarys jockstrap.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"BearsTroll" wrote:
    14 and a half
    I believe it.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

You can talk "D" all you want as I believe the Vikes can control the clock and score enough to beat the bears and this is what convinces me of that fact:

Player: Kyle Orton
    Att: 292
    Comp: 159
    Yds: 1523
    Comp%: 54.5
    Yds/Att: 5.2
    TD: 9
    INT: 12

Long: 54
    Sack/Lost: 20/118
    Rating: 62.3
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Player No Yds Avg Long TD
    Thomas Jones 217 912 4.2 42 6
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Player No Yds Avg Long TD
    Muhsin Muhammad 48 561 11.7 33 3
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Player 1-29 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+
    Robbie Gould 0/0 4/4 6/7 1/4 0/0
    -------------------------------------------------------------

It's as simple as taking T.Jones out of the game and making Orton throw the ball. Not that 4.2 ypc for Jones scares me with their lack of a passing game.

Then the "O" line showing up and coaches using max protect formations and the Vikes SHOULD win this game going away in Jan..

The problem opponents have been having with the Bears "D" is they spread the "O" out too much and get impatient, leading to turnovers and short fields for the bear "O". I see the style of ball the Vikes playing matching up perfectly against the Bears for a victory.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

They aren't even close to what the Ravens or Buccanneers were when they won the superbowl.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Year Team Pts/Gm Yds/Gm Comp.% Yds/Pass Yds/Rush
    1985 Bears 12.4 288.6 47.7% 6.3 3.7
    2000 Ravens 10.3 259.1 55.9% 6.0 2.7
    2002 Bucs 12.3 271.2 50.8% 5.5 3.8
    2005 Bears 10.9 254.2 57.0% 5.1 3.4

best yards per game, 2nd best points per game, best yards per pass, and 2nd best yards per rush...the only thing they "arent even close" in is comp%

link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5120522

Poor randy

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"BearsTroll" wrote:
    Year Team Pts/Gm Yds/Gm Comp.% Yds/Pass Yds/Rush
    1985 Bears 12.4 288.6 47.7% 6.3 3.7
    2000 Ravens 10.3 259.1 55.9% 6.0 2.7
    2002 Bucs 12.3 271.2 50.8% 5.5 3.8
    2005 Bears 10.9 254.2 57.0% 5.1 3.4

best yards per game, 2nd best points per game, best yards per pass, and 2nd best yards per rush...the only thing they "arent even close" in is comp%

link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5120522
    Newflash, those teams actually played more than a couple teams with good offenses. Not to mention they won Superbowls...

The Ravens managed to make the playoffs despite having an offense that didn't score a TD for 4-5 games. They allowed one offensive touchdown in 4 playoff games and in the Superbowl the Giants didn't even get past the Ravens 35 yard line.

But then again none of this matter because we'll beat the bears Jan 1st.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

hey punktillman, u realize that urlacher NEVER EVER TAKES ON A FULLBACK. he always runs around the blocker and then will get the ankle tackle. This guy is defnitely a weakling compared to most mlbs. just cuz of his height do ppl think he is a beast, this guy couldnt even put up 400 lbs. our linebackers might not be as smart as urlacher, but they sure can hit alot harder. YOu praise urlacher as the next mike singletary, but you forgot to realize that singletary used to blow up everyone, yes that means he used to get into contact with the o line and kick ass. Urlacher cant and will never be able to take on guys that are bigger than him. Point being, he is weak. My favorite moment was is 2002 when Marco Rivera knocked Urlacher on his ass and had him pinned for 20 seconds until the refs had to get Rivera off of him. Rivera kept pouncing Urlahcers chest down everytime he tried to move.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast