Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Bears "D" overrated?

This fan points out some very good stats concerning the Bears D.

http://nfl.com/features/squibkicks/

"I have been listening to all of the talk about Chicago's Defense and the comparisons to the great Bears defense in '86. So I decided to take a closer look at it. They have played only three teams ranked better than 21st in total offense (second, 14th & 17th) and only two teams ranked better than 20th in scoring offense (fifth and 10th) and they lost one of those games by 17 points (the Bengals). So although they are without doubt a very good defense, please stop calling them a great defense with all of the comparisons to the greatest defenses of all time."
    -- Bill G., Indianapolis

Very good points IMO.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Bears "D" overrated?

I watched them live and in person last week vs. the Buc's. As advertised, the front 4 is tough as nails. Very easy beaten with screens and draws as long as you get a hat on Urlacher. They were burnt numerous times deep in the secondary with Galloway and Clayton getting some large chunks of yardage.

As long as you commit to the run, even if not producing as much as one would hope for. The long to mid range passes will be availabe. The LB's dont drop into coverage as well as people think either.

Need to be efficient with the ball. You limit turnovers, the "O" they have is nothing to concern anybody about. Their "O" totally depends on short yardage from turnovers to score, as shown in their only TD last week when TB turned it over on their own goal line.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

they are still a good defensive, but people are giving them alot of credit. until their defensive starts to allows points, they are really good and are the best in the league
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Best front 4 in the league right now.. Tommy Harris is coming around.. Alex Brown is the most underrated lineman in the league.. And Ogunleye just does his thing.. One of the best set of LB's in the league.. And one of the better secondarys as long as they get some help.. Tillman, Vasher, RW, Brown are all good

I never said they weren't good, I just said they're getting much more credit than they deserve.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

V4L

And I wasn't saying they were great.. Just pointing out some facts! If your top ranked you should get ALOT of respect.. Expecially the Bears who haven't had anything like this happen to them for so long

I was talking to Greg... I should've quoted 'em.

V4L

Right on man

BearsTroll is offline Rookie

The trick is we make the other teams play football the way we play football, its gonna be a defensive football game, and our team is comfortable in those types of games. Teams get impatient against our D and take risks and thats how we win.

Poor randy

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BearsTroll" wrote:
    The trick is we make the other teams play football the way we play football, its gonna be a defensive football game, and our team is comfortable in those types of games. Teams get impatient against our D and take risks and thats how we win.
    Well, guess what? We now DO play football the way that you all play football...run the ball, short timing passes, a few deep shots, tough defense...but I think that we will soon catch up with your defense (in the last four weeks, our run defense has ranked just behind yours)...and our offense is already ahead of yours, with an experienced QB who knows how to manage the weapons at his disposal much better than your rookie (or even Grossman, for that matter). Prepare for one heck of a dogfight down the stretch...because if the Vikes keep this up, New Year's Day may be for all the marbles!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast