Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    [size=13pt]Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load[/size]

    By Kevin Seifert
    ESPN.com


    Updated: June 24, 2008



    In a news conference last week, Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith hinted he would enter training camp with a rookie as his top tailback.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    The Bears have some of the worst personnel issues in the league...


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  3. #3
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    LOL!
    Loved this about the Bores from the latest "pressure on Tjack" article...

    Chris Williams, OT, Chicago: How's this assignment for a rookie? No pressure, but we're going to throw you in at left tackle for one of the most storied franchises in the league, ask you to protect a pair of notoriously shaky quarterbacks, with a trio of unproven running backs in the backfield, supported by a cast of embarrassingly sub-par receivers hauling in the balls. And oh, we want the offense to be better than last year's, too. And the line to be significantly improved as well. But hey, good luck with all that, kid.
    May I add, and going up against, Jared Allen in MN and KGB or Kampman in GB twice a year...hell, maybe even the one of the Lions' DEs will step it up this year...they've certainly invested some FA cash and draft picks there.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  4. #4
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    It still amazes me that Shaun Alexander is still available.

  5. #5
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    "marstc09" wrote:
    It still amazes me that Shaun Alexander is still available.
    It shouldn't, if you saw how he played last year.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  6. #6
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    It still amazes me that Shaun Alexander is still available.
    It shouldn't, if you saw how he played last year.
    So are we suppose to just forget that he had 5 seasons well over 1000 yards and his best year he almost had 2000 yards with 27 TDs?

    I guess we should of said the same about Randy Moss. Oh wait, people did.

  7. #7
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    LOL!
    Loved this about the Bores from the latest "pressure on Tjack" article...

    Chris Williams, OT, Chicago: How's this assignment for a rookie? No pressure, but we're going to throw you in at left tackle for one of the most storied franchises in the league, ask you to protect a pair of notoriously shaky quarterbacks, with a trio of unproven running backs in the backfield, supported by a cast of embarrassingly sub-par receivers hauling in the balls. And oh, we want the offense to be better than last year's, too. And the line to be significantly improved as well. But hey, good luck with all that, kid.
    May I add, and going up against, Jared Allen in MN and KGB or Kampman in GB twice a year...hell, maybe even the one of the Lions' DEs will step it up this year...they've certainly invested some FA cash and draft picks there.
    Truly sucks to be a Bears' fan right now.

  8. #8
    PurpleEaters28 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    Ya the Bears have issues i mean they wont be able to run on us with our front 4 so what are they going to do playaction Grossman fakes it to Forte and throws it to Loyd just dosent sound good and o ya good luck to Williams trying to block Allen that will be fun to watch lol

  9. #9
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    yeah Im sure most Bear's players get loads all over their shoulders!

  10. #10
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Bears confident rookie Forte can shoulder load

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    It still amazes me that Shaun Alexander is still available.
    It shouldn't, if you saw how he played last year.
    So are we suppose to just forget that he had 5 seasons well over 1000 yards and his best year he almost had 2000 yards with 27 TDs?

    I guess we should of said the same about Randy Moss. Oh wait, people did.
    Frankly, yes.
    The seahawks sure have, despite the fact they gave him a big contract after that.

    Doesn't work the same with running backs, once it's gone, it's gone.
    Alexander wasn't on a terrible team like Moss was, and from what I could tell he was trying his best.
    After he injured his foot and Hutchinson left he looked decidedly below average.

    It's a well known rule you don't sign/pay RBs for what they've done in the past once they reach 30.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bears' Matt Forte making first impression an ever-lasting one
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 07:31 AM
  2. Young QB's shoulder the load
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
  3. Taylor bears the load
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 04:33 PM
  4. Brrrr! Vikings' rookie James gets cold shoulder, and more
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 10:09 PM
  5. da Bears Seem Confident...
    By SKOL in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 11:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •