Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bears

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

The Bears

It was funny how everyone thought Grossman is the savior of this team. He threw an int and had another drive for a field goal against a bad atlanta defense who was frozen. He is better than Orton, but he isnt going to help them when they verse the Seahawks, Giants or even Carolina in the playoffs. 10 points Grossman had, starting in Falcons terrtitory and it should have only been 3.

The Bears defense is good, but I realized that WHEN they did block Urlacher, the defense allowed big runs, and then they didnt block him and the defense did great. Why dont ppl realize that he isnt strong enough to take on blockers and you should always put a body on him. The center on some plays didnt even look at urlacher and boom, a tackle. Even the announcers were like why is he unblocked. The bears secondary is weak, those int's were so flukish and if vick was 1/2 the pocket passer of any good qb, they would score. Once you contain Vick like Carolina and Chicago, he is done. He is nothing special in the pocket. I think Favre can throw on the bears with Driver and Ferguson out running their db's.

Bottom line is guys, I don't think were going to make the playoffs because if the bears beat green bay, they win the division no matter what. And we can't win any tie breakers. I also think that the bears will be 1 and done in the playoffs or by luck end up in the nfc division game.

sweetness34 is offline Rookie

Re: The Bears

"napo58" wrote:
    It was funny how everyone thought Grossman is the savior of this team. He threw an int and had another drive for a field goal against a bad atlanta defense who was frozen. He is better than Orton, but he isnt going to help them when they verse the Seahawks, Giants or even Carolina in the playoffs.
    1. This makes no sense. Grossman is better Orton but he won't be able to beat the panthers, even though Orton already did.

"napo58" wrote:
    The Bears defense is good, but I realized that WHEN they did block Urlacher, the defense allowed big runs, and then they didnt block him and the defense did great. Why dont ppl realize that he isnt strong enough to take on blockers and you should always put a body on him. The center on some plays didnt even look at urlacher and boom, a tackle. Even the announcers were like why is he unblocked.
    2. The bears allowed the best rushing team in the league to get only 112(57 yards below their average) yards rushing. Looks like Urlacher isn't that easy to block.

"napo58" wrote:
    The bears secondary is weak, those int's were so flukish and if vick was 1/2 the pocket passer of any good qb, they would score. Once you contain Vick like Carolina and Chicago, he is done. He is nothing special in the pocket. I think Favre can throw on the bears with Driver and Ferguson out running their db's.
    3. The bears were missing both starting safetys, a backup safety, and a starting linebacker last night. That means our safteys were 3rd and 4th string, and we still held Vick to: 13-32 122 yards and 2 picks.

"napo58" wrote:
    Bottom line is guys, I don't think were going to make the playoffs because if the bears beat green bay, they win the division no matter what. And we can't win any tie breakers. I also think that the bears will be 1 and done in the playoffs or by luck end up in the nfc division game.
    4. You say the bears will be 1 and done in the playoffs even though there 4-1 against NFC teams in playoff contention. If the vikings don't make the playoffs its cause they can't beat a playoff calibur team(1-4 against NFC contenders). But let me guess, you think the vikings would have a shot to win the superbowl if they could only get in the playoffs....
    I think its time to put the kool-aid down.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Grossman is hell of alot better then Orton.. It was his first game back bro.. He will be making his throws.. Orton doesn't see open recievers and when he does he misses them alot..

And the Bears D is amazing.. Not gonna say nothing about them.. Look at the stats.. Enough said..

I don't like the Bears though but they deserve alot of credit and no one should be rippin on em.. They have an amazing D.. Thier run game is pretty decent and should open up more with Grossman coming back.. Grossman can make throws he showed that last night.. I'm scared of what the Bears might do.. Im not gonna diss any other team because we aren't that good either

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"sweetness34" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:
    It was funny how everyone thought Grossman is the savior of this team. He threw an int and had another drive for a field goal against a bad atlanta defense who was frozen. He is better than Orton, but he isnt going to help them when they verse the Seahawks, Giants or even Carolina in the playoffs.
    1. This makes no sense. Grossman is better Orton but he won't be able to beat the panthers, even though Orton already did.

I think its time to put the kool-aid down.
    Let's be honest...the Bears DEFENSE beat the Panthers...Orton just went along for the ride. Grossman can't beat the Panthers either...he will have to rely on the Defense as well. No dissin', just the truth.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=24px]SUCK!!![/size]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    [size=24px]SUCK!!![/size]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    yup i am in agreeance, the bears suck

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

After watching the Pack get schooled on Monday night I have to say that the Bears may suck but not near as bad as the Pack sucks. I don't look for the Pack to beat them this weekend. Actually I look for the Pack to lose the rest of their games.

WWBGD

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

I didn't mean the bears suck, but I really really think that this defense has soft spots. Im not trying to hate on them or any team. The cover 2 is a fast defense that can be beaten. I think that the talent that the Bears have in the secondary along with weakside linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer can be exploited. Their smaller defensive line can be overpowered. Urlacher can be blocked by bigger linemen and fullbacks. The steelers really exploited the Bears weakness and I think that teams like the Giants, Seattle and even the Panthers in a rematch can beat the bears. The key is to keep the front 4 on the heels. IF their front 4 is overpowered, the bears "d" is merely average.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Yea, well, all they have to do is put some more LB's on the line.. Member what they've done to other temas w/o even putting extra pressure on the QB...
    The bears are good, the vikes just have to exploit whatver weekness they find to the max
    i m better than you, so just give up...

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

haven't seen bearstroll in a while...
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast