Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bears #1 still not signed

and if he doesn't do something soon then he never will be. Looks like the Bears have made their final offer to Benson - will be interesting to see if he holds out as long as McKinnie did with the Vikes or if he finally ends up back in next years draft. When will these kids learn that they have to show that they can do something before they'll ever cash in ?
    From what I saw on another board his offer is between that paid to the #3 and #5 picks in the draft, though nearer to the #5 than the #3. Should be an interesting few weeks for the Bears, what with that and the upheaval with Grossman's injury they've not had the best of preparation for the season

ESPN article
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Bears #1 still not signed

I cant imagine that he will be stupid enough to sit out the entire season, but I have been proven wrong by the stupidity of these atheletes in the past.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hope he never signs, that would be awesome!! I like the stance the bears are taking on this situation though!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TATEone is offline Starter

I love that the Bears finally said screw it, this is it, take it or leave it.
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

man benson looked real focused and determined on draft day, i think he was even crying, but i guess money got in his head and now he's screwed because even if he comes in now, he still won't be the starting RB

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"Turboe" wrote:
    stupidity of these atheletes

:lol:

A friend of mine is a Bears fan (I know thats an oxymoron) and he was telling me today that not only are they gonna start docking pay for time he is missing from the contract that they offered, but they are also not playing Thomas Jones just in case he could get injured and that would give Cedirc leverage. I actually like Lovie a little bit more now.
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

Del Rio Guest

Money digging agents and players, he can turn water into wine so he deserves the cash.

"natethegreat" wrote:
    man benson looked real focused and determined on draft day, i think he was even crying, but i guess money got in his head and now he's screwed because even if he comes in now, he still won't be the starting RB
    He was crying cause he knew he wasn't gonna be broke anymore and he could finally bail out his Dad from prison.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He won't be bailing anybody out if he doesn't report! Just another selfish athlete!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast