Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Bear fan on Briggs situation.

To Mr. Lance Briggs,

You are everything that is WRONG with football players today. You think this world OWES you something man and it don't. SO WHAT, you are in the NFL and you've played a few good years. SO WHAT that you took a shine in 2004 when Lach went down. SO WHAT you get to spend your life playing a GAME, a GAME that you love and a GAME that God gave you the talent to play. SO WHAT the fans love you in Chi town and want you to stay right?

Oh, The "WHAT" in this equation is MONEY.
    Let me tell you something Mr. Briggs. I don't know where you came from or who you came from but it must have been someplace heavenly because if someone offered me 7.2 million for ONE YEAR's WORTH of work – and all I had to do was go out on PLAYING field, lace up my sneaks and play a GAME that I LOVE to play, I would JUMP at that chance and bless the Lord above with what he's given me. But, not you, right? Instead of thinking how much more you could be getting, you are thinking about how unfortunate you are that the franchise tag was slapped on your, Poor ole' Mr. Lance Briggs. Boo Hoo, Feel f*cking sorry for me because I want more money just because I've done my job and done it well.

I work two jobs Mr. Briggs, I have two daughters, I beat up and down the road every single day listening for news on my beloved Chicago Bears. It is the fans, people like ME who enable you to make the money you make ~ you selfish @sshole.

I work at a battered women's facility Mr. Briggs, have you ever visited one of them? Do you know what would happen to those women if you walked in and handed them $20.00? They would be so thankful to you that you would think you just handed over your franchise money to them.

While I am scraping for every single penny that I've got, losing time with my daughers, losing time with my husband, losing time out of my life just to make it day by day. You get out of bed at 7am, get dressed, get chauffered over to training camp, run some laps, do some stretches, hang out w/ your boys, do your thing, drink some Gatorade, go home, grab some beer, play Sony Playstation or whatever it is that you all do, hit a club and then go to sleep and do it all again.

You WERE my favorite player – next to Urlacher. I thought the two of you have and had a dynamic on and off of the field that could not be rivaled. Briggs and Lach ~ #55 and #54 – My Windy City Warriors. Well, this woman was surely proven wrong – You've turned out to be a Windy City Wuss.

Do you know what I wish for you Mr. Briggs? I wish and I hope everyone in the NFL has seen your true colors with the way you've trash talked the Bears Organization all over National media. (Because, oh yeah, that's right, Chicago area reporters aren't good enough for you now. "No Comment" is all you'll give them ~~ HOW mighty BIG of you Mr. Briggs). I PRAY that you sit out this season and you know what ~ It is within the BEARS EVERY SINGLE RIGHT to slap the FRANCHISE tag on you AGAIN NEXT SEASON and that will be 2 seasons that you will sit out. Who will want you then?? The Seahawks don't want you now, the Skins don't want you now and the one team, the growing team with a lot of talent that did want your @ss – doesn't want you now either.

Look for me at the Chicago Bears Fan Convention this year Mr. Briggs. That is if you and your limo should happen to ride by the Hilton. I will be the one wearing the T-Shirt with #55 on it with a BIG X through it w/ the words "LET HIM SIT" scribbled across the bottom.

Enjoy your next football season Mr. Briggs – hopefully you'll be sitting at home, in your easy chair, watching it on your 66" TV Screen while I sit at my second job listening to the game on my radio station. Hopefully, listening to them WIN - WITHOUT YOU.

I found this while scanning a Bears fan forum, it made me laugh. This season half of the site had Lance Briggs Sigs, now they are all calling for his head ;D

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Re: Bear fan on Briggs situation.

Another gem of a post by a bears fan....I love reading these, they make me laugh ;D

Although Rex Grossman did not have the game of his career, I saw some positive things out of this guy to warrant giving him another chance next year. He is a young quarterback who is still developing into an NFL signal caller. Rex had some costly interceptions and fumbles today, but this guy has a live arm, he moves around well in the pocket and seems to have a decent pocket presence. I think given some time that Rex Grossman is the real deal and if the Chicago Bears can be patient with him, Rex Grossman will pay didvidend in the future.

I got the impression it was copied from a Da Bearrrsss site, so I immediately began speed reading / skimming it.
    I saw a lot of 'four letter words' or the equivalent.

If Brian Adultererlacher or Rex Grossman were to do the same thing in the future, there would be a lot of former supporters who would produce the same type of anti-Brian or Rex rants.

Da Bearrrsss fans are amusing.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The bears will flop this year and I will love it!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

I can't really blame them for being angry, I know I would be. Doesn't mean I'm not happy to see something bad happen to the Bears.

I also hope Rex Grossmen isn't even in the NFL by the end of this year. I really hate that guy

"davike" wrote:
    Another gem of a post by a bears fan....I love reading these, they make me laugh ;D

Although Rex Grossman did not have the game of his career, I saw some positive things out of this guy to warrant giving him another chance next year. He is a young quarterback who is still developing into an NFL signal caller. Rex had some costly interceptions and fumbles today, but this guy has a live arm, he moves around well in the pocket and seems to have a decent pocket presence. I think given some time that Rex Grossman is the real deal and if the Chicago Bears can be patient with him, Rex Grossman will pay didvidend in the future.
    One might easily substitute 'Daunturnovre Culpepper' for 'Rex Grossman' without the affecting the validity of that theory.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

One might easily substitute 'Daunturnovre Culpepper' for 'Rex Grossman' without the affecting the validity of that theory.
    I never was much of a Culpepper fan, I always thought Moss made him look good and always thought he was overrated.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

boo hoo for this lady
    : she is crying about a bears player when she should go get a better job or try to move up in 1 of the 2 she is in now... so WHAT the guy wants to get paid what he is worth.. just like a guy working at mcdonalds should want at least 6.50 lol
    ;D

Thanks josdin00

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    boo hoo for this lady
    : she is crying about a bears player when she should go get a better job or try to move up in 1 of the 2 she is in now... so WHAT the guy wants to get paid what he is worth.. just like a guy working at mcdonalds should want at least 6.50 lol
    ;D
    I hope you never are in the position she is in, having to have multiple jobs to take care of your family.
    Because if you are, you will see that the world is filled with heartless idiots like yourself who have no clue how hard life really can be.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    boo hoo for this lady
    ;D
    I hope you never are in the position she is in, having to have multiple jobs to take care of your family.
    Because if you are, you will see that the world is filled with heartless idiots like yourself who have no clue how hard life really can be.

=Z=
    I feel bad for her, and I hope things go better for her, but not her bears. I can't blame the fans for hating Briggs, but I can't blame Briggs for wanting a better contract. I do think its amusing that a month ago they couldn't say anything bad about him, now they all hate him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast